FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So who is going to Comic-Con?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: So who is going to Comic-Con? Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this year and was wondering who else from the forum will be going. Might be nice if schedules allow to meet up and say hello.

Last edited by spinner44.com on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody?
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spinner44,
cant make it this time but for all (any?) Skinny Puppy fans out there ... I just found out that Ogre will be making an appearance for what its worth. Spinner44 ... if you make the trip can you post your thoughts?!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am unable to make it to Comic-con I did get to meet Ogre a few years back. He talked a lot about being a Vegan and animal rights mostly. Interesting guy.

Does anybody know if there will be any BR related events or people showing up this year?

Andy
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy,
very cool anecdote! i bought my first SP cd (Vivisect VI) many moons ago - solely for the cover art! i was hooked from that moment on. funny thing is, i was a big fan for many years before understanding their Animal Rights stance (you need the CIA to decipher the lyrics at times!). the irony is that i too am vegan (20 years now), an animal rights activist.

their live shows continue to haunt! its good to know we have yet something else in common (not to say that you are vegan or pro-animal rights, but an appreciation for Ogre). thanks for sharing your story amigo!
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had been able to make it - watching the coverage on G4 really makes me wish I could have. It's geek heaven down there... I just can't take time off work right now, not to mention hotel and travel costs would make it a little prohibitive.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre was a little hard to talk to and very intense, as well as seemingly shy except for his causes. He didn't want to talk about music at all. I am no longer Vegan (haven't been in a long time), but my Girlfriend at the time was, as well as a Puppy fan herself. We are still friends and she also still converses with the members of Puppy as well as Ogre. I however never thought about getting his email (oh well) but still remember the after show moment fondly. As it is Puppy, NIN, Nitzer Ebb, and Front 242 will still get me out on the dancefloor, though now I will often regret it the next day (damn' middle aged body). Smile

Andy
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! i can understand the intensity. SP redefined the word!
LOL - i hear ya, remember the old days we would be sore next day from all the slamming. now its just from standing. i nearly passed out at Lollapalooza (in Florida) but R23 noticed and poured a bunch of water on me. now i just enjoy from the back with my drinkee. but yeah, i too tend to get out there and shake it if only for a couple of songs these days.

saw Nitzer Ebb open for Depeche Mode (Violator tour) - Lightning Man still kills anything you might hear today!

funny thing is everyone's getting old - 242 were smart as those receding hairlines are similar to the buzzcuts back in the day. mowhawks are right out at this point! they finally revamped their site if you haven't seen it lately.

cool stuff Andy - sorry to hijack the Comicon thread!
i agree with svander - wish i could go but the G4 coverage is helping a bit, however.
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Comic Con was less than I had hoped. The crowds seemed larger this year making it very difficult to get into the more interesting panels of which I never got to see. The exhibit floor was not much fun either and a lunch meeting I had hoped for never materialized. Probably to be expected. Confused

Other than that the weather was really beautiful.

I did see one of my shirts walking around. That was nice to meet a board member.

-
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these years!!!! I wish they would just give a little love to the east coast. Though, it looks like Celebrations has a possibility of happening in Baltimore which would make me happy
3720to1
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Ill be going this year will mostly be on the Mezzanine at the Star Wars Fan Force Table and roaming around in my Browncoat Soldier for a bit as well probably will have my blade runner for next year so if anyone is going thats where ill be!
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3720to1 wrote:
Bump

Ill be going this year will mostly be on the Mezzanine at the Star Wars Fan Force Table and roaming around in my Browncoat Soldier for a bit as well probably will have my blade runner for next year so if anyone is going thats where ill be!

Don't think there is going to be a Celebration this year. Next year 2010, is supposed to be the next big one - being the 30th Anniversary of Empire...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: