FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
ebay sellers sometimes are kidding...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: ebay sellers sometimes are kidding... Reply with quote

Take a look to these two screen captures...
Some ebay sellers are just kidding with us... Very Happy

ADVICE: Use Amazon, Barnes N Noble, Abebooks, whatever before buying any book at ebay.... Very Happy

What do you think?? Razz It's the hardcover worth this price???
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that way with anything. Is a Ferrari really worth $200,000.00+? It is to some people and not to others.

So, to answer your question, is the out-of-print, hard cover version of that book (which I'm sure is pretty hard to come by) worth $83.00? It is to somone who really wants it in hard cover.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:
It's that way with anything. Is a Ferrari really worth $200,000.00+? It is to some people and not to others.

So, to answer your question, is the out-of-print, hard cover version of that book (which I'm sure is pretty hard to come by) worth $83.00? It is to somone who really wants it in hard cover.

Yes.... Is the case of glasses dispenser.... Last one (oh, seller has been very kind, no matter with shipment). My first one was out 10x .... and I was happy. NOw, only $12,00... happy is not enough! Very Happy

This book is very academic, and perhaps interesting at all, but paying and extra $60 for hard covers... In fact, if this was a Future Noir, or a DADOES (1st edition sell out for more than $1,500) I agree... but a essay like this... well, at most, curious. Very Happy

But... is not the first book I see at ebay for a price when Amazon (or other) sells it brand new at current price. Not hardcover version instead softcover, the same book! Recently, with 1st edition of Future Noir. Outdated, softcover.... and seller asks 4x the current price... Very Happy

Cheers!
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, sadly, he'll probably find someone to pay it. You know the old saying about a fool and his money.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:
And, sadly, he'll probably find someone to pay it. You know the old saying about a fool and his money.

Well, not, but I can imagine it... Very Happy Legends are global....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For books I always do a search on amazon and abe.com (american book exchange). the latter is often how books are sold to dealers and how the prices for rare books are developed. I may have to check it out to see what a hardcover goes for, but in all honesty I have yet to come accross a hardcover version, and most collectors will only deal with first editions. Also remember the starting price of a hardcover book now, usually in the $30+ range. Most book dealers will double the price of an out of print book imediately. using that formula it still seems high, but not as much.

Of course I have been buying BR posters from around the world and I see many dealers with asking prices upwards of $1,000 for ones I see almost daily for under $100. I can pretty much tell the copies now and many real ones seem to sell for less than the copies.

In essence there are people counting on the lack of research and impulsivity of at least one or more buyers.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:

In essence there are people counting on the lack of research and impulsivity of at least one or more buyers.

Andy

That's the point!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: