FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So what do we have to do...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: So what do we have to do... Reply with quote

...to get someone to publish and "Art of Blade Runner" book?

Now that I have spent countless hours with the ultimate DVD set, there is still that one thing that may let me die a happy and complete BR geek. The fact that the art galleries were left off of the Disc set may be my only small complaint with the set. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most though. The fact that they were at least thinking about it means that at least some of the material is there.

On ebay I have seen some rare art by Mentor Huebner, complete storyboards and rare promotional slides of never before seen BR photos. All of them way beyond my meager means. The stuff is out there.

I own the Sketchbook and BR Illustrated books, and they actually seem pretty light in material. They still however sell for often over $100 each.

This film had one of the best art departments ever, and received multiple awards and nominations. If there was ever a movie that just about anybody interested in film making would buy an art book about, BR would likely to be on the top of their lists.

So who do we contact about this? Bud Yorkin, Jerry Perenchio, Charles de Lauzirika, Jeff Walker, Bryan Ebanoch? How can we make this happen?Maybe we should start a petition?

This seems like a no brainer to me, but that may just be me. What does everybody else here think about it?

Andy
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could certainly put a bug in Gary W's ear, I'll bet he would be interested.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Props Book project could be expanded to and art book if things happen...

First, if the book could be done thru Blurb.com site, I'll add more content than "simply" props.

Second, I talked with Charles de Lauzirika about this book project (when he was in Barcelona, some weeks ago) and he's waiting for this to be acomplished. I expect to have this project as basis for a bigger project... but I have no funds to make it for myself. The Blade Runner Partnership is very difficult to meet, even to talk with! Well, may people here knows this point... Bryan is not in this business yet, as I understand in our last conversations... Charles will do a try when I have this book finished or so.

For now, project is only about props. But will be very nice to get a new approach.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan, Your book is partially why I even want this book even more. Something that would have better source material to find and make other props from. I honestly am hesitant to finish off some of the projects I am working on until I get better source material.

I thought about Bryan, not only because he is one of the largest collectors of rare BR promotional, and behind the scenes slides and photographs (as you can see him selling on ebay a large collection of as we speak), He also has connections with many of the screen used prop owners themselves. Many of them might not want that info out though. He more than most would have that access though.

I know the BR Partnership is a tough nut though, and they usually won't sign off on anything unless it is a million dollar idea. This potentially could be. The same people who bought the DVD sets, I think would buy this.

Of course, at this point I am not trying to guess at how probable this thing is to get done, but trying to gauge interest, or at least build it.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Joan, Your book is partially why I even want this book even more. Something that would have better source material to find and make other props from. I honestly am hesitant to finish off some of the projects I am working on until I get better source material.

I agree! Very Happy Anycase, I think no book could take it all about BR....

Quote:

I thought about Bryan, not only because he is one of the largest collectors of rare BR promotional, and behind the scenes slides and photographs (as you can see him selling on ebay a large collection of as we speak), He also has connections with many of the screen used prop owners themselves. Many of them might not want that info out though. He more than most would have that access though.

Yeah. I bought several items from him. But I think he's in other important projects for now. But, any case, contacts and connections are, for sure, a great value! In fact, I talked with Bryan about the props book, and he has the same view than you about a Coffe Table Art book about BR...

Quote:

I know the BR Partnership is a tough nut though, and they usually won't sign off on anything unless it is a million dollar idea. This potentially could be. The same people who bought the DVD sets, I think would buy this.

Count me! Very Happy

Quote:

Of course, at this point I am not trying to guess at how probable this thing is to get done, but trying to gauge interest, or at least build it.

Andy

I understand. Ok, ok... Perhaps a reedition of David Scroggy books will be welcomed for all of us... I don't know if Dolphin still exists, who owns the rights, or so.... but is a line to research, IMHO.

Joan
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely LOVE to see such a book become a reality !!!
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
I would definitely LOVE to see such a book become a reality !!!

A very difficult task Fred... you know that.... Very Happy

Let's do the first one.... (an easy one, I think).... then... who knows!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: