FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Blaster Building Contest! Win a PKD Magnum kit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner Blaster Building Contest! Win a PKD Magnum kit Reply with quote

CONTEST CLOSED

DEADLINE EXTENDED!

Entries must be in by:

11:59PM MAY 31st

You read the title right, we are hosting a Blade Runner Blaster Building contest! The winner will receive a Rick Ross PKD Magnum kit from his latest run that was offered here.

Also, Noeland is willing to do a custom illustration for the winner as well. (Thank you Noeland!)
Noeland wrote:
I will also commit to supply an original illustration as a prize. The kicker would be that the winner tells me what they'd like to see in the drawing, so it's a customized prize. I'll frame and send them the original once it's completed. The size would be 9"x12", and the illustration would be done in my high contrast black and white style (very much like the roy batty drawing I did for Rick)

See this thread for Noeland's illustration work: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=300

The rules are simple:

1. Must be a Blade Runner Blaster that is representative of the movie.

2. It can be an exact replica of the blaster or your own interpretation. Be as dedicated or as fanciful as you like!

3. You must post photos of the blaster. The more angles the better. (You can use our photo hosting service by clicking the Upload button on the upper right corner of your screen if you need a place to host pictures)

4. You must still own the blaster. We ask that one photo of the blaster include a hand written note with the date and your screen name written on it. No photoshopping See first picture below for example.

5. Because of the expense of building a Blade Runner Blaster, already built blasters are permitted to be entered.

6. This contest is open to members only. It is easy to become a member, just click register!

7. This contest will run for 45 days to give some a chance to do a new build.

8. Post all Entries in this thread.

9. Tell your friends! Then again, the more who enter, the harder it will be to win

Not really a rule, but part of the fun would be if people could post some shots of the build up process. This way it could be a learning experience for some.

The contest will run for 45 days. After that time voting will be done by a panel of judges.

Contest Judges: (Will be adding a couple more names soon)
Amish
Darkknight0667
Andy
Noeland

If you have any questions, please ask here and I will answer them. I will most likely add all questions and answers to this post in order to keep everything clean and tidy for those posting submissions.

Please know that these rules may change as questions come up. Please read this post to keep updated. Otherwise, things should be pretty straight forward.

Otherwise, good luck!!!!!!

Questions and Answers:

Birdie wrote:
BTW, are we talking scratch-building, or are buildups allowed?

Both are allowed!

Birdie wrote:
Can we make more than 1 entry?

I see no problem with people submitting more than 1 entry. Though, you can only win once

racprops wrote:
The first question is am I allowed to enter?

We see know problem with you submitting an entry.

Last edited by amish on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:59 am; edited 10 times in total
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: me too please! Reply with quote

well to compete with some of the allready spectacular blasters that I have seen here I will have to get back to the drawing board and add those touches that I meant to do ....what a cool contest !
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder, posts with questions in them will be answered at the bottom of the first post. So if you see your questions have been deleted, that is why

Good luck!

Tom
mspaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Blaster Reply with quote

Looks like i need to get busy! Anyone have any sugestions for a good place to aquire the mysterious left side screw that has been all the rage as of late?

-Michael
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it wrong that I dropped what I was doing when I read this thread and started drafting a custom BR pistol? Laughing
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethb6025 wrote:
Is it wrong that I dropped what I was doing when I read this thread and started drafting a custom BR pistol? Laughing

What could possibly be wrong about that? I'd say that it sounds like a very prudent thing to do.
Birdie
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll kick off Smile

This is my metal Sidkit that I put together just after the Worldcon pics first came out. I spent a long time getting the weathering how I liked it.

The black parts were sprayed with satin black, then misted with black barbecue paint to give it a kind of aged mottled look.

There was originally a home-made weaver knob on there, but I took it off when the info was reveaed, hopefully will replace it with the real deal.

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it begins! Thanks for the first submission!!
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh!! I'd like to submit my Coyle C&S for the contest. It's a v4.x with a new paintjob based on the Worldcon photos. I also reworked the butt plate to make it a little thicker and incorporate the curve.
Here she is. Very Happy

Thanks for looking!
Eric
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine entry!!! Keep them coming!
pulseriflefan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool contest

Here`s my scratch-built pop gun BR blaster :

and unplugged images :

airhead
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see how far I can get with one of these - I'm notoriously slow, maybe methodical sounds better - but I wanted to share the ideas. I hope that they aren't too far outside the rules Rolling Eyes .

I don't know if I'll have time to actually finish any of these, but the blaster contest sparked a couple of ideas. All are way-out interpretations:

- I was thinking of the John Dillinger wooden pistol that he used to break out of jail and thought about a carved soap, paper, wood, and scrap metal dummy, maybe dyed with shoe polish or soot, as an example of what a replicant might make to break out of an off-world jail.

- I am appreciative of both the original and current steampunk literature and some of the models folks have constructed. I thought about a retro-style blaster based on something like a Navy Colt, or maybe a Remington cap and ball revolver with the Styer replaced with a contemporary rifle part - maybe a Sharps or Henry. Lots of casehardened steel and brass. Sort of a Jules Verne version.

- And the only one that I actually might get something done on - an all wood presentation model, like something that Eldon Tyrell might have on display in his office. Walnut, oak, maple, and whatever else I have laying around. This one would be based on the movie prop style. If I don't get any further, at least I'll have some custom walnut grips for the CS&T.

We'll see.... If there were only more hours in a week....

David
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there were only more hours in a week....

I KNOW!! I've been working 12 and 14 hour days this week, and on Thursday I was at work for 17 frikin' hours!!!!

Quote:
an all wood presentation model

WELL?? Get crackin!!!

Quote:
Also, Noeland is willing to do a custom illustration for the winner as well. (Thank you Noeland!)

You're very welcome. My pleasure.

The illustration for the winner is custom, as amish stated, that means you're the boss. You tell me what you'd like to see in the illo, then I bring in some of my own ideas too. The original will be signed, framed, and then shipped to the winner.

It will be the same high contrast black and white style I used for the RR dedicated Roy Batty posted in the general forum, I work on 9X11 heavy paper.

All the entries thus far are great, keep them coming guys. Not that it isn't already tough enough, but we want to see more!!!! LOTS MORE!!

Quote:
The first question is am I allowed to enter?

Rich, I think we'd all enjoy seeing what you would do with a model that had some extra time, TLC, and maybe some custom work in it, and isn't "off the line" so to speak.

I hope to see that, as well as many, MANY other killer entries in the next few weeks.

COME ON!!!! Shocked
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My custom is almost done and it is killing me not to be sharing progress shots. Of course, I've failed to take any up until tonight so there wouldn't be much to show. Can't wait, I should have it up by the end of the week.
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slowly but surely working on mine.

Just won this auction to spruce up my model: Weaver scope

It's been pretty hard to find the Weaver 29S and 344 scopes lately, but I finally scored one for a decent price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the knobs are "good enough for government work". :lol

I hope I can finish it in time for the end of the contest. I know there are a couple of things I won't get around to doing like making a new buttplate, but it'll be as accurate as I can get it.

Pics forthcoming...

Bruce
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Come on guys, lets get some more entries posted!!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that there is only about 20 days left for this contest, does any feel an extension is warranted?

Please speak up.

Thanks,

Tom
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as of right now, I think the deadline is a great motivator for me to get off my butt and enjoy my hobby over the weekends!

I had a catastrophe with the paint finish of a few parts this week and am having to repaint them, but I think there is plenty of time before the deadline.

Maybe after this weekend I'll have changed my mind. It looks to be lovely beach weather down here and that may distract me... Razz

Bruce
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think an extra 10 days would hurt anything, but it might not help anything either. Confused
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hold off on extending it for now and check on progress with about a week to go. I think at that point, folks that are building entries will have a better idea as to whether they'll need any extra time or not.

Just my opinion, though (and we all know what those are worth), and I'm more than willing to go along with the concensus of the other judges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Propsummit Contests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: