FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blaster Dimensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boy-c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Blaster Dimensions Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm new to the world of prop collecting and building and Blade Runner just had to be the start of my education.

I've got a Sidkit blaster arriving in the near future (hopefully) and I've got a great idea to display and store the piece once its complete. As I have zero patience for waiting for the postman to finally deliver the kit itself I'm looking to start prep for the display. To do this I'm looking to get some basic dimensions and I was hoping someone may be able to help. What I need is the total length and height of the blaster (measured as if the blaster were held level)

I guess I've been inspired/pushed into Sci-Fi weapon replica's at this moment in time by our great government! I've always had an interest, but a new piece of UK legislation which comes into force in October 07 means (by my understanding) that importing anything which can be considered a replica gun will become illegal. This includes static models, built-ups, plastic kits and especially metal kits. Im their wisdom, they have not defined what a replica weapon is specifically so props and even Science Fiction replica guns are also included in this ludicrously over-complicated and ill-defined law! As you can imagine, I've now got quite a shopping list to work my way through in the next 5 months!!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Simon
stonedog7563
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not 100% sure on those measurements your looking for but theres one being sold on Ebay at the moment and the seller states it about 9 inches long, doesnt mention the height though.

Like you ive just ordered the Sidkit from Italy and am waiting very inpatiently from what i hear it should be worth the wait though

lets just hope our UK customs dont decide to keep them
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

While I do not own a Sidkit BR Blaster yet, I can say that you should have it in no time at all. I received a short time ago a Harlock Blaster from him (which is beautiful) and it arrived rather promptly!

Also, Siderio, who owns sidkits.com is a member here. Try shooting him a PM or he may even see this post.

Otherwise, welcome to our community of Blade Runner fanatics

Good luck!

Tom
boy-c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Basically what I'm planning is a wooden display case. I picked up a nice solid case/box from ebay in good condition so I probably won't do much with the outside but I do plan on replacing all the furnishings inside. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use cushioned leather to line the bed of the box, inside the lid as well as the sides, and I'm gonna have a half recessed portion where the gun will sit.

I'm also considering including an area for badges/id's etc as well as a removable stand.

What d'ya think? Any suggestions?

I should start making progress sometime next week, so I'll try to post some pictures.

Simon
mspaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Blaster Reply with quote

Mine arrived in little to no time. It really is quite nice. I have started working on it a bit but plenty more to go. I dont expect it will be done overnight. I also had some dumby rounds made up for it. Indestinguishable from the real thing other than they have no powder/primers. If you are interested i had about 30 made. plenty to go around.

-Michael
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a quck scale I did using a pic from Siderio's site..

Scale is in inches and approximate at ~9.75"x~6.125" taken from a real sidkit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: