FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
A new off-world blaster?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nexus 7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steevy wrote:
Does it come with the dummy rounds?I had to by them seperately last time,they help the weight issue alot.

Hi Steevy,

Just got mine yesterday, very happy with it overall Very Happy Definite improvement on the older model. Sadly though, it did not come with any dummy rounds! Sad I'm in the UK, so I couldn't honestly say if Off-World ship dummy ammo with it in the US. The 5 shot cylinder is, of course, still a .38 not a .44 special Rolling Eyes but that works out ok for me as I have some inert .38 rounds in need of a good home!!! Very Happy Hope that helps.

Have a better one,

Mike.
Nexus 7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLK wrote:
Did they fix the trigger guard/handle so you can hold it comfortably?

Hi SLK,

I'd have to say that the trigger gaurd is still something of a "pain" Mainly on the middle finger. Its not really too much of a problem for me, I've certainly had to use much less "ergonomic" weapons over the years, but for someone with larger hands/fatter fingers it could certainly be a serious issue. Also the trigger gaurd is ABS plastic, which just doesn't feel 'right' to me, and it is, ever so slightly, wobbly! The gun is going to be stripped down and fitted with Don Parker machined parts. After that, maybe I'll get around to doing something about that damned trigger gaurd!!! Mad

Have a better one,

Mike.
Nexus 7
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I think it certainly looks a lot better. I am curious to know how well the cylinder latch and release work this time around? The original spring in the cylinder was too weak and would just flop open at times.

Andy

Hi Andy,

The spring is still a bit on the weak side I'm afraid! It doesn't seem to be a problem when the cylinder is empty but when fully loaded with inert ammo, well, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence! Sad It is probably the same spring as they used on the older model. Also, the cylinder release is rather too loose for my liking, it is, in fact, the only part that rattles when the gun is handled!!! Mad

Have a better one,

Mike.
Valis
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I'm from the UK and I've ordered an Off-World blaster off of ebay (shortly after loosing an ebay battle for a Sidkit at £605) on the 2nd of feb. I know I'm being a bit impatient but how long did yours take to be delivered?
Cheers
Wes
Nexus 7
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valis wrote:
Hi Mike,
I'm from the UK and I've ordered an Off-World blaster off of ebay (shortly after loosing an ebay battle for a Sidkit at £605) on the 2nd of feb. I know I'm being a bit impatient but how long did yours take to be delivered?
Cheers
Wes

Hi Wes,

I saw the SidKit on ebay myself, beautiful, but I knew that it would end up going for BIG money, way out of my league unfortunetly!!! Sad

I ordered my Off-World by personal email before they appeared on ebay. I'd lost out before so I wasn't taking any chances this time!!! Ordered it on 24th Jan. it arrived on 2nd Feb. I had been tracking it online so I went and collected it from the Parcelforce depot myself, otherwise it would have taken a day or two longer, in my experience!!! Wink Remember that you will have to pay Customs Duty and a Parcelforce "Handling Fee!!!" Rolling Eyes About £21 in total! Mad You can pay this online, at the depot, or at the local Post Office, if you're lucky enough to still have a local Post Office that is!!! Confused

Have they given you a parcel/tracking number? If they have then you can track its progress with these websites. Don't be surprised if it takes longer to clear HM Customs at Coventry than it did to get all the way from LA Shocked

http://www.packagemapping.com

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/home

Hope that this helps Wes, need anymore advice just let me know.

Have a better one,

Mike.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus 7 wrote:
andy wrote:
I think it certainly looks a lot better. I am curious to know how well the cylinder latch and release work this time around? The original spring in the cylinder was too weak and would just flop open at times.

Andy

Hi Andy,

The spring is still a bit on the weak side I'm afraid! It doesn't seem to be a problem when the cylinder is empty but when fully loaded with inert ammo, well, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence! Sad It is probably the same spring as they used on the older model. Also, the cylinder release is rather too loose for my liking, it is, in fact, the only part that rattles when the gun is handled!!! Mad

Have a better one,

Mike.

Yep, I got some dummy rounds for mine and the cylinder will not stay closed with them in. Razz

Andy
Valis
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus 7 wrote:

Hi Wes,

I saw the SidKit on ebay myself, beautiful, but I knew that it would end up going for BIG money, way out of my league unfortunetly!!! Sad

I ordered my Off-World by personal email before they appeared on ebay. I'd lost out before so I wasn't taking any chances this time!!! Ordered it on 24th Jan. it arrived on 2nd Feb. I had been tracking it online so I went and collected it from the Parcelforce depot myself, otherwise it would have taken a day or two longer, in my experience!!! Wink Remember that you will have to pay Customs Duty and a Parcelforce "Handling Fee!!!" Rolling Eyes About £21 in total! Mad You can pay this online, at the depot, or at the local Post Office, if you're lucky enough to still have a local Post Office that is!!! Confused

Have they given you a parcel/tracking number? If they have then you can track its progress with these websites. Don't be surprised if it takes longer to clear HM Customs at Coventry than it did to get all the way from LA Shocked

http://www.packagemapping.com

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/home

Hope that this helps Wes, need anymore advice just let me know.

Have a better one,

Mike.

Cheers Mike for all the info, really apreciate it. I'm tracking it online now and I'll probably do the same as you and collect it myself.

Wes
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they went ahead to make the new ammo clips available...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220557822002

So much for $40 and free shipping for propsummit members only though. Looks like you can get the same deal here (in a way).

Andy
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great news that you have managed to get the Blaster through customs here in the UK. My last attempt was destroyed by customs. What's the secret?
Valis
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridleyville wrote:
It's great news that you have managed to get the Blaster through customs here in the UK. My last attempt was destroyed by customs. What's the secret?

Hey ridleyville, I think its all to do with luck. I'm from the UK and I ordered mine at the begining of the month with the reciever and got it 5 working days later with no custom problems.
Just noticed your from Billaricay, I'm from Leigh-On-Sea Essex, its a small (off) world. Oh and I've just ordered the LED pack from off world as well.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will these off-world ammo clips fit any other blasters beside the off-world ones?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might fit the Hartford with some modification. They are just a tad longer, and pretty much copied after the Hartford. It might fit an older Coyle too, but it is just a tad small for that, and would also need modification. It is way too small for a Sidkit, and completely the wrong shape for any Rick Ross PKD's.

Andy
gust242

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All
I got this one its in the pic its not bad not quite 1to1 at least I think so a 38 shell will only fit from the front not the back like normal tried 9mm 380 no luck the slide does not pull out far at all . over not bad for a finished kit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool that they offer upgrade parts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: