FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard clothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Deckard clothing Reply with quote

Need a little help. Could you let me know who other than Magnoli makes the Deckard Trenchcoat, blazer and shirt. Pants and tie as well.

I'm looking for best quality of course but hoping to find something cheaper than Magnoli
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper and best quality are strange words put together in my book Wink ...but to answer your question: Rachael was offering here a very good version of the coat (she was working on a jacket version also); you could try to find her e-mail adress here on the board (she`s been awol for some time now; it`s a long story).
Habyshott makes a coat (Canadian manufacturer) pretty good for the price. You still have to go through Magnoli for the shirt and tie. If I forgot something, I`m sure other people here will provide you with other info.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joberg, lest we steer anyone wrong here, the correct name for the company is Abbyshot, and here's a link to their coat.

http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-deckard-trench.php
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected Embarassed Thanks Bwood for the correction (don't know why my brain thought Abbyshot was with an H).
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Cheaper and best quality are strange words put together in my book Wink ...but to answer your question: Rachael was offering here a very good version of the coat (she was working on a jacket version also); you could try to find her e-mail adress here on the board (she`s been awol for some time now; it`s a long story).
Habyshott makes a coat (Canadian manufacturer) pretty good for the price. You still have to go through Magnoli for the shirt and tie. If I forgot something, I`m sure other people here will provide you with other info.

Notice I did not say cheap. I said cheaper. Very Happy Very Happy I love Magnoli. I was just hoping for a really good product a little less expensive.

I did the same thing for my Gladiator costume and I found a better product for $400 cheaper. $800 instead of $1,200

Thanks so much for the info guys. It really helps
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay just looked at the linked site and it looks like $500 for the Trench either way.

So in your guys' opinion who makes the best one????

Please PM me if you don't want to post it
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the top of my head I can't remember. Is he always wearing the blazer with the trench or is there some point when he is just wearing the Trench????
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that he's always wearing the jacket with the trench.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel handmakes her's and tries/strives to get the right fabrics, Mangnoli doesn't, he uses predominantly Indian and Aisian suit manufacturers to do his , so they need exact measurements and if you make a mistake - that's what you get back - so to ensure you can wear the trench over the jacket and have freedom of movement , you MUST allow for it in your trenchcoat measurements and the jacket and trench are made in two different continents - when you place your order -do this and you'll be fine although the only other comment I'd have is the jacket is not made of herringbone tweed, it is the right colour but not the right material and the trench is a much better match , but again no cigar !! IMHPO.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some pics of the two mentioned.

Thanks
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
Rachel handmakes her's and tries/strives to get the right fabrics, Mangnoli doesn't, he uses predominantly Indian and Aisian suit manufacturers to do his , so they need exact measurements and if you make a mistake - that's what you get back - so to ensure you can wear the trench over the jacket and have freedom of movement , you MUST allow for it in your trenchcoat measurements and the jacket and trench are made in two different continents - when you place your order -do this and you'll be fine although the only other comment I'd have is the jacket is not made of herringbone tweed, it is the right colour but not the right material and the trench is a much better match , but again no cigar !! IMHPO.

Excellent info. Thanks So it sounds like Rachael is the way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: