FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
This may sound crazy to you guys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]ttp://propsummit.com/upload/278/mannbreda2046.jpg[/img]Sorry for the repost,picture wasn't showing up on preview in the previous post.

Last edited by steevy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fast loading of weapon has always been something the engineers or gunsmiths have always tried (in Avatar the whole barrel is replaced with a fresh full of new ammo, but you have to lugg all those barrels) as for an electric motor (and I don't care how small it is) it is now taking room, adds weight and has a chance to stop the loading (how about water or sand or moisture, etc)...not an easy feast.
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,the motor feed is complex but it is a futuristic gun!Seriously,the motor only feeds the secondary magazine rounds.If it fails the cop still has his kinetic rounds available.That's why I kept it a simple revolver.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned up my article:

My design would draw from one of the earliest machine guns, the Gatling Gun. A muli-barrel auto loader that was clip fed, as it turned it presented a barrel for a round from the clip, then turned again and fired that round, turned again and dropped the spent cartage and then came around and presented itself to picked up a new round when it passed the clip again.

As you know a revolvers greatest plus is the fact that it almost never jams, and a dead round does not keep it out of action for a new round can be brought to fire in a split second with a simple pull of the trigger. It's flaw is the number of rounds in the chamber, six being the common number.

The Autoloader carried large amounts of ammo and some up to sixteen rounds. It's flaws are the problems with jamming, incompletely ejected rounds (a "stove pipe" is a name for a round caught within the ejector port) and a dead round mean's the shooter must cycle the action to remove it and re-chamber a new round, and a even worst problem is when the ejector fails to extract a spent or dead cartilages. In a gun battle this can be fatal.

And a stove pipe jam of a automatic can be caused by firing it with a unbraced or weak hand…which might happen in combat, a revolver does not need a good grip to operate, this is another plus for the revolver.

Now how about this, a clip fed caseless rocket round revolver?

When the cylinder is at the bottom of the rotation the clip rams a fresh round into the cylinder with a liner thrust reloader.

If there is an unfired round, it sensors this and does not try to load a full chamber. And simply waits for the next empty chamber to present it's self, thus would not jam the action.

This would be a electricity powered system thus the need for battery power, and the need for the LEDs as tell tails, to let you know it is powered up and ready for action. I think each clip would carry it's own battery, like Polaroid film packs do.

This power pack would provide power for the sensors in the clip, the loading system which might be magnetic driven, for the laser sight ( The rod on the side) and for firing the special caseless rocket round in the upper barrel.

This would be the greatest weapon ever for a fire fight, shoots like a double action revolver, get a dud and just a pull on the trigger passes it by and you shooting the next round, with the auto reloading you carry say twenty-twenty five rounds total with one special grenade.

I also suggest that when empty, it could just drop its self out of the holder…making room for the shooter to reload, and it would still have the ammo in the cylinder, or 5 rounds.

With the caseless rocket round, where the push is within the projectile, and it could have small fins that unfold when it leaves the barrel and then put on the spin and guild it, so the bore could be lose fitting. So even a weak dud that left a round within the barrel would not be a problem the next round could just push it out of the way, (In a normal hand gun this can cause the barrel to explode when a second slug rams into one stuck in the barrel) The only way this could ever jam would be if a round got stuck part way into the barrel and part way still in the chamber, this is the only way this model would jam:

The knob on the right side facing the front could be a safety, a knob used to recenter the cylinder to the barrel in case of a jam, it would center the cylinder so the operator could then fling the weapon in a hard ark to try to spin out a dead round causing a jam…(The rocket round are not a tight fit and could be flung out) all you would need to do is clear the cylinder/barrel junction, even a round in the barrel is no problem.

The idea is the upper section holds an extra special round with no propellant, it is all explosive…

It is like the ww2 rifle grenade, powered by a normal round.

When the bolt is unlocked and pulled back, it unlocks the barrel which then tips up and the pushing forward of the bolt loads the round into the barrel and then closes the barrel by pushing it back down.

The gun is then fired normally firing the two rounds at the same time, the normal round powering the special round.

Otherwise there would be no need for the cocking lever…

The knelled knob on the Laser rod is to switch the way it worked, say steady, flashing, and perhaps infer-red (Special glasses would be needed) and the rear LED would tell which your using.

What a gun, I want one.

Rich
bwade wanna
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
What a gun, I want one.

Rich

Put me down for a working replica!
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful what you wish for, I can do that, blanks or real ammo?

Rich
DannyinTexas
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I'd rip off that front trigger if this were real gun.
(I won't even use the magpul BAD lever)
I don't need anything that might bounce my finger out of the trigger guard if I needed to draw quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: