FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickdaring
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very sneaky way to discredit the competition.

Nick
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Rich can help himself.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO this is a real email asking me about shipping one of my models to Japan and he is afraid that he will get into trouble owning these models in Japan and he is a collector whom already owns the First Tomenosuke and fears losing it and I think he has a order to buy a Pro.

And he wanted to order one of mine.

Now he is afraid.

In this case I am hoping he is over reacting.

I copied the postive posts and sent them to him and asked him to check into it more deeply.

I figured if anyone can clear this up it was you guys.

This problem is only in Japan, it would not effect owners outside Japan.

We already know they had to use a plastic Bulldog to comply with Japan's toy gun laws, so how can this discredit them??

This is a problem all of us face, tighter gun laws and tighter toy laws.

Rich
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, certainly your Japanese customer can read these Japanese blog posts, find out about the Japanese laws, and tell you what the situation is...?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I thought, but he seems confused by all of this and perhaps in a bit of panic...

That was his email I posted, in his own words.

I did not make it up.

As people here have been translating these blogs and as my try with bing translating only makes a mess of it...

I came here looking for help.

IF this is happening as he seems to say, then all of us are affected, both you in buying these and me in selling mine to Japan.

Last year he seemed to think the police were going to raid homes, following the sales lists and import records.

I now can guess it was over the problem last year.

He has bought from me years past and I believe he has a fairly large collection, and thus fears the police raiding his home.

He does seems to be over reacting, so I am trying to find out what is happening.

To help him and others, and myself, I need to know if I can ship models into Japan as well.

IF I am knocking anything it is their stupid toy gun laws. (Like a lot of countries, it seems easiler to get a real gun, than a toy gun...)

Rich
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from my friend in Japan.

"It looks like tomenosuke caught the house investigation from special investigation in December, 2009.

It is the state that a problem does not still solve that passed more than one year.

If a barrel and a mainframe and a cylinder are metal, it seems to become the illegal gun.

As for PRO BLASTER, all these components are made by resin, but, as for OG BLASTER, only a barrel is made of metal.

Therefore, OG BLASTER becomes the violation gun in Japan.

tomenosuke prepares a barrel made by resin for a buyer of OG BLASTER now.

However, these measures are not official measures taught by the police.

This means that the list of the OG BLASTER buyer passed to the police.

Because I am an OG BLASTER buyer, I am very anxious."

As I guessed from earlier emails, he fears a visit from the police over his OG Blaster.

It looks like the Pro is OK.

And that tells me what I will need to do.

Rich
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your Japanese buyer can get ahold of the replacement barrel Tomenosuke is offering, and he won't have to worry about the police seizing his OG blaster.

Because as we all know, if you're not COP, you're little people. No choice, pal. Shocked
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this again:

"tomenosuke prepares a barrel made by resin for a buyer of OG BLASTER now.

However, these measures are not official measures taught by the police.

This means that the list of the OG BLASTER buyer passed to the police. "

I read it to say that He seems to think that the replacement barrel is not sanctioned by the police, and he fears he may still be subject to search and seizer of his props…

And that the list of buyers was given to the police… with his name and address on it, and even though it happen last year, it is not over.

Rich
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously Rich it sounds like the buyer should take up this issue directly with Tomenosuke.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I posted the last to show I was A) not making this up and B) see if I can learn how to help him.

As he has said they apparently have already gave him up to the police, so I can understand his not wanting to draw any more attention from with either

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your initial posts it sounded like you were just trying to cause trouble, which may not have been your intention, but that is how your wording, or lack of clarity made it sound. It wasn't totally clear that you were just trying to help a friend, or wanted advice on selling yours until later. The elements were there, but not made clear.

As far as the issues with the Tomenosuke OG and Pro in Japan, it sounds like they are cooperating with the police, and have submitted stuff to be analyzed, and the tests have been allowing them to avoid any future problems. The long lasting issue seems to be that one of the raids also turned up vintage fire arms in one persons house that is still being pursued legally. The Pro is clear from any problems because it was authorized and inspected before being sold.

Your guns however would be illegal in Japan, because of their metal parts. If you want to do a Japan legal one I would make sure you have someone in Japan help you get a clear description of their laws. Your resin versions may be okay as long as the barrel, bulldog receiver, and cylinder are plastic.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that...

I was touch tense posting in this thread.

Rich
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK . . . so . . . any new images of the blaster or anything?

Smile
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at how perfectly straight that safety switch is. that boy is almost too flawless...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand spanking new from the factory ...that's why I like both the Japanese and Rich guns: one is sharp (some love that look, and there's a market for it) and the other has that used weapon look (closer to the film look) Cool
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: First pro in the uk! :) Reply with quote

Hi all

Well after a nail biting fortnight my tomenosuke marushin pro arrived today. I had asked my friend who had made the purchase for me in japan to dismantle it so I had the task of reassembling it this afternoon.

I have to say the clean lines and crisp finish make it totally worth the money spent on it and it truly is a thing of beauty.

Good and bad points.

Good:

Sharp lines, perfect fit and function. Clever modifications to the assembly. The stamps on the upper receiver are fine and crisp, and although a little dark for my taste the receiver looks like a real gun blued piece.

The whisky coloured grips are lovely although mine had a very small amount of flash around one edge which was easily removed with a finger nail.

Bad:

The sight rod LEDs are not connected to the battery pack. How they missed something as important as this is beyond me.

The abs gun frame is really far too dark and offers little contrast with the upper receiver. I'm not sure why after so much research the various areas of the blaster are nearly all the same shade. Especially when in the fabulous scrap book of photos show distinct contrasts on the hero! I understand it is plastic but at least a metallic coating couldve been applied.

The butt plate and bolt are not shiny enough! Now I know this is personal preference but since these are both metal parts surely they couldve been supplied polished? ( the bolt is painted for some reason)

The binding post is too small as well

Overall the pro is a truly wonderful blaster. I do not regret for a second having this as a box fresh interpretation of our favorite prop. HOWEVER if you are looking for something that resembles the real deal that we see in the film, buy a Coyle. They take a lot of elbow grease to finish ( even the buildups need work afterwards) but overall they are a far more accurate representation.

This is not where it ends though. I shall be replacing all the plastic parts on the pro with metal over time. It won't be cheap or easy. Hell I may even strip the receiver and as propsjonnyb to parkerize it. Eventually I intend this to be epic Smile

I wouldn't say that the pro is better or worse than a Coyle. They both have flaws but are both beautiful works of art ( despite the pro being mass produced). All I can say is I'm pleased as punch that living in the UK I'm lucky enough to have both in my collection Smile

Hope that was useful

Pics to follow
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's the weight and the "real gun" feel?
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had that shipped to the UK? You've got balls!
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Pro in the uk :) Reply with quote

Well clutch, those who dares, wins as they say Wink

Seriously tho, it's all about research and understanding the law and having people who understand it better than you helping and explaining.

There are a couple of members of this forum who have been simply magnificent with their support and willingness to help.

The pro is obviously not as weighty as a Coyle or sidkit but it still has a decent heft to it and whilst the trigger action is light it feels far more reliable than a " cast" kit. I've just measured up a Mspaw barrel which I had ready for my sidkit and it looks like it will fit Very Happy. Although the Coyle frame looks like it won't without a lot of work. I will persevere! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: