FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Prop watches - i know, been done before....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Prop watches - i know, been done before.... Reply with quote

There are so many out there, and the research is fun, and it must be one of the few props that can be legitimately used every day.....so must be worth a re-visit!

Here is mine to kick things off, i have slowed down buying these now because things have suddenly got very serious £££

The Rolex isn’t quite right (too late and a Sea Dweller, not Submariner) neither is the two button Seiko (wrong strap and it is missing the line on the screen)
I have recently got a NOS film correct strap for the moonraker Seiko and i have another non mint one to wear.
I was just saying over on the current Microma thread that no-one has noticed the link to films or Bond or whatever once when i have been wearing them, has anyone else had there watches pointed out?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good collection...only ''crazies'' like us will notice the watches. Lots to collect (Alien has a few as well as BR of course).
moonraker
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i too love the Aliens seikos. I did once havw a seiko pulsmeter but it was the the metal case one, not the correct plastic one, in the end i swaped it for the microma i showed in the other thread.

I also love the fact the Ripley/Bishop seikos where designed by the guy who desighned the Lotus esprit- tenuous bond link.....!

I seam to rember the alien Casio was up for sale recently (the one actuelly used inthe film)?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that one member of the RPF did a Alien watch (Ripley's) with the Casio...think he modded the plastic backing. It was well made and looked genuine Cool
moonraker
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked that up, you are right a realy nice job.

The casio f-100 is an annoying watch in that it was dirt cheep in its day and you very rarly see on for sale and when you do its usually well beaten up.

The watch collectors like it too becouse i think i am right in saying it was the first plastic watch Casio did?

all of which hikes the price up of a firly cheep watch, still if it was easy it wouldent be fun would it!?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens all the time: when a product is mass produced and is cheap nobody cares about said product; heck, if it brakes, you can buy another easily. Now back to our day: this same product is rare now since thousands ended up into the trash-bin...no luck for us buyers trying to find it at a reasonable price Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: