FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: TOMENOSUKE PRO was featured by Japanese GUN magazine Reply with quote

Here is the article of TOMENOSUKE PRO in this month. Hope you guys like it.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/sovjapan/folder/1503870.html
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TOMENOSUKE PRO was featured by Japanese GUN magazine Reply with quote

munegumi@event.co.jp wrote:
Here is the article of TOMENOSUKE PRO in this month. Hope you guys like it.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/sovjapan/folder/1503870.html

This is STILL the most gorgeous replica out there in my opinion..

Many thanks for sharing the new article and pictures.

Kind regards

MARK

hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar,

I have to agree with you. It's the only one I've seen so far that feels like a real solid weapon.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeffrey…

Post some pictures when you can mate!!

Best

MARK

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eager to see the pics Jeffrey!
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case of glass, break blaster.

http://img.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/e1/3d/sovjapan/folder/1503870/img_1503870_60814550_0?1298198277
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are professionally taken detailed pictures of TOMENOSUKE BLASTER:

https://picasaweb.google.com/mmunegumi/TOMEBLA#
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an owner of one of these, I'd have to say that pretty much covers it. Nice pics!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics...thanks for sharing! Cool
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Excellent pics...thanks for sharing! Cool

Agreed… Splendid shots!!

Kind regards

MARK

Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are nits we could pick about this blaster in terms of screen accuracy or materials, but overall, it is the very best of the breed currently available IMHO.
skullsoldier
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my Tomenosuke last week. Really digging it. I was going to mod it with real Bulldog, but I've decided instead to have Rich do one for me. His Blaster has a more "lived with", worn look that I want to emulate. I guess I can deal with owning two pieces of art;)

S
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Skullsoldier. Yes, by all means, a Coyle is a "must'' addition in terms of BR gun. Btw, on the RPF, one of our member (Doc) has a Youtube vid of him firing a Coyle with live ammo Shocked Cool
skullsoldier
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Congrats Skullsoldier. Yes, by all means, a Coyle is a "must'' addition in terms of BR gun. Btw, on the RPF, one of our member (Doc) has a Youtube vid of him firing a Coyle with live ammo Shocked Cool

Even though I plan on going the full "Monty" with the custom, including adding the bulldog and a custom .44 barrel, I really have no intention of ever firing the blaster - it's more an effort to make the most true-to-life replica. Also, I think it's pretty dangerous to fire that think without a working knowledge of gas expansion and metallurgy. Though it can obviously be done, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right you are...
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but the "Tomenosuke PRO" is just another piece of overpriced geek plastic.

Listen, it's time to quit striving for perfection. Just make a really good gun, to the best of your ability, but make it one that shoots. Unlike Star Trek, it's impossible to make a Phaser that fires gigawatt up laser beams. However, you can build a working Blaster. Just needs some caliber .44 special bullets, and a Charter Arms Bulldog pistol. Starting with a Richard Coyle shell, it can be done without spending $8k like Phil did (though I must admit, his gun is a true work of art).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOeqD80gzY

Plus a bonus short subject: my son Matt and his girlfriend Justine firing the Blaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvbOAekr_4&feature=related

And here's a recent pic of the one, the only, Doc3d, with a Richard Coyle/Doc3d absolutely functional blaster... Got your licenses in order, pal? 'Cause if you ain't cop, you're little people... Wink :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85452191@N00/5644108176/in/photostream
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to disagree with your assessment of the Tomenosuke as "Geek Plastic", but we do need to discourage people from trying to make shooting versions of these replicas with real guns for both safety and legal sakes. Making a replica working version of this gun should only be done by those that are already very familiar with fire arms, and under close supervision of a licensed and trained gunsmith. Also many state laws as well as national laws may prohibit the conversion of real guns. The board can not in any way endorse the making of these type of working replicas. It is way too dangerous.

Good to see you back Doc Very Happy

Andy
skullsoldier
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc3d wrote:
Sorry guys, but the "Tomenosuke PRO" is just another piece of overpriced geek plastic.

Listen, it's time to quit striving for perfection. Just make a really good gun, to the best of your ability, but make it one that shoots. Unlike Star Trek, it's impossible to make a Phaser that fires gigawatt up laser beams. However, you can build a working Blaster. Just needs some caliber .44 special bullets, and a Charter Arms Bulldog pistol. Starting with a Richard Coyle shell, it can be done without spending $8k like Phil did (though I must admit, his gun is a true work of art).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOeqD80gzY

Plus a bonus short subject: my son Matt and his girlfriend Justine firing the Blaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvbOAekr_4&feature=related

And here's a recent pic of the one, the only, Doc3d, with a Richard Coyle/Doc3d absolutely functional blaster... Got your licenses in order, pal? 'Cause if you ain't cop, you're little people... Wink :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85452191@N00/5644108176/in/photostream

Doc - with all due respect, flatly calling what has obviously been hailed as the most accurate representation of the BR blaster (at least as accurate as Rich's model) a piece of crap isn't helpful or constructive; rather, you seem to be going out of your way to insult those of us that are passionately trying to achieve accuracy in our collections. While your contributions are no doubt impressive, I think the verbiage you're using should be reconsidered.

For the record, I have the Tomen and am currently working with Rich on planning a custom blaster. However, I'm lucky enough to be able to have both. For those fellow collectors who only want one blaster in their collection, for whatever reason, could do far worse than buying the Tomenosuke.

S
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't calling it a piece of crap, just calling it a toy by comparison to a real gun. Doc has a sense of humor that can take some time to get used to. Nothing to get upset over.

Andy
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy is bang on, pun intended... Wink It it 99% sense of humor, and it's a little dark-- influence from the times, I guess-- and the older I get, the more I find myself turning into a Hunter S. Thompson clone, or something similar.

In earlier posts, I've frequently stressed safety. Still do.

But when the price of a plastic model is nearly the equivalent of the real thing, I start to drink heavily and think, hey, let's cogitate on this a bit.

I've been making models for years. My original model of The Man From Planet X is even in Terry Webb's book Son of the Garage Kit That Ate My wallet (issued under the name Brennschluss Group, and done by me and others. One of the best parts of the kit was the Crinon base...)

Accuracy is cool, but there's that fine line of obscession. Also, for the first time ever, I found an actual working prop that performs just as it did in the movie within my skills and means. Even if one gets a Coyle gun with the fake Bulldog, one still knows that there is *always* the ability, at some later date, to make a functional gun. I'm still working on mine, and plan to add an internal laser under the top shroud.

I just received some of Coyle's new run of spuncast metal parts to compare to earlier work, and the upgrade is incredible. I just flat love the Coyle gun, and I love the potential to make it real. And I *have* gone through the Japanese Blade Runner gun mania stage-- I've owned at least three different versions. Sold 'em all now that I have my current, somewhat inaccurate version (Coyle's latest guns are much better, and I couldn't afford a custom made 4.5 inch barrel so I had to mod Coyle's work to accommodate a replacement 4 inch Charter Arms barrel). Whatever... it's the one I've always wanted.

Like Andy says, if you aren't a gunsmith don't convert a gun. (I've rebuilt everything from Civil War era Sharps carbines to modern weapons, and am self taught, but I've read dozens of books and spent a fair amount of time getting critiques from mojo gunsmiths). I had to innovate a fair number of design features to build the Coyle Blaster into a working firearm. Daunting, but fun. At least for me.

I'd have loved to have sat on Hunter S. Thompson's back porch shooting propane tanks with a .44 magnum. So you see, despite my gunsmithing skills and about 20 years as a licensed pyrotechnician, I'm probably certifiable.

Yet... we are each responsible for our own actions. We can take risks or just live in a padded room and watch TV. I prefer the former path.

Be sure to look me up at this year's Burning Man. Although the "Drive By Shooting Range" is no longer there, it's still one hell of a party... >Smile

Doc
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 22 of 30

Jump to: