FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any other versions of the blaster have this "loose bolt" problem?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, almost all.

Rich
Vader
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest fix that I am aware of to the loose bolt phenomenon is to make a circa 3/5 circle washer of appropriate dimensions out of something like soft rubber or stiff urethane foam, about 3mm thick, and stick it onto the inside of the part that plugs the front end of the Steyr receiver.

The part needs to have a low friction surface, so sticking something like Mylar or graphite film on it is a good idea.

This will provide spring tension against the front of the bolt when the cocking handle is folded down, locking it in place, and effectively killing any rattle or looseness in the bolt.

Having a low friction surface is necessary to enable the bolt to rotate against the washer without tugging at it even when the tension builds.

The net effect is sort of a small-scale version of how the bolt tenses against the mainspring when you cock a real bolt action rifle.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound like a good idea.

Rich
Major
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish there was a way to get a hold of one of those in the US, they look amazing......
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major wrote:
Wish there was a way to get a hold of one of those in the US, they look amazing......

There is! Just email them that you want one, they'll email back a Paypal invoice, pay it and they'll ship. It was easy and fast. Took less than a week to get from Japan to Atlanta.

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what kind of battery the Pro uses?

Thanks

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Got my Tomensuke Pro today! Reply with quote

There are some left in California. If anybody considers to purchase it, please send an e-mail to:

info@hollywood-japan.jp

We will respond to you with the detail information how to purchase and deliver.

Mune

DaveG wrote:
I had thought the Tomensuke Pro was sold out, as that's what their website says, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check. So I had a Japanese friend of mine living here in the States contact them to find out. Turned out all I had to do was Paypal the money and they'd ship me a blaster! Four days later I have the blaster in hand!

I'd say the pictures don't do it justice, but they really do. What pictures don't convey is what it feels like to hold. Like a real firearm. They did an great job creating this replica. I know some of the details may not be 100 percent screen accurate but the fit and finish are exceptional. It would be nice if the frame, cylinder and barrel were metal, but I understand the legal restrictions and even made of plastic, they look really good.

I did ask about the black grips and was told they are prototypes for an upcoming blaster.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Got my Tomensuke Pro today! Reply with quote

munegumi@event.co.jp wrote:
There are some left in California. If anybody considers to purchase it, please send an e-mail to:

info@hollywood-japan.jp

We will respond to you with the detail information how to purchase and deliver.

Mune

A pity there aren't some of these hanging about in Australia!

M

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that these are still hanging around. I just saw that one of our favorite online stores has them in stock now too. At a hefty mark up of course. Hopefully I can turn my financial situation around at some point so I can purchase one of these before they are gone completely, or at least double the cost.

Staar, I am afraid with Australia's laws though, the only way to get one of these in would be to smuggle it in by boat Wink.

Thank you Mune for keeping us informed, it really does mean a lot to us.

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I will help:

You can get these models into Australia by ASKING the police to OK it.

I have already shipped a couple of my models down under as the buyer went to his local Police dept and ask to be allowed to import one.

There is some paper work and not every request will be oked, but try and you may be given permission to order and receive one.

Rich.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Got my Tomensuke Pro today! Reply with quote

Staar wrote:

M

Hey Staar.... You can get the Coyle Blaster and the Tomenosuke Blasters into some states in Australia. Depending on which State you reside in of course. All you need is a B709A permit (no gun licence) or in some cases a gun licence or gun collector's licence etc. If you have any of these, Customs Australia will allow them through.
The Tomenosuke Pro (2010 model) is at about 700 total built so far, but they are not announced as limited or end of production (yet?).

cratercritter Cool

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on their all black "Stunt" parts...

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/12955169/

Andy
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: All Black Tomenosuke Blaster Reply with quote

Looks cool so far..... All Black "Police Blaster" limited to 300 pcs.... probably (?) going to be more expensive than the Pro. Interested to see how it all works out... final spec's will be pretty cool I am sure.
Cool
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't appear to be any led's on this clip. Explanation? Confused
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cop guns were stunt models and those did not have any LEDs.

Rich
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh.... wassup!....no LEDs. Different for sure, but a cool mean & clean look. Cool
Maybe issued for the "Standard" LAPD cops... Only Blade Runners get the 'big puncher' with the LEDs. Twisted Evil
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Got my Tomensuke Pro today! Reply with quote

cratercritter wrote:
Staar wrote:

M

Hey Staar.... You can get the Coyle Blaster and the Tomenosuke Blasters into some states in Australia. Depending on which State you reside in of course. All you need is a B709A permit (no gun licence) or in some cases a gun licence or gun collector's licence etc. If you have any of these, Customs Australia will allow them through.
The Tomenosuke Pro (2010 model) is at about 700 total built so far, but they are not announced as limited or end of production (yet?).

cratercritter Cool

Cheers for the feedback guys. Yep, I'm well aware of the issues of getting a blaster into Aus and what's involved (after all, I already own an all metal BR blaster that I had to import). You are also quite correct regarding the forms and the various States and yes, it IS possible, but these days there seems to be more and more risk involved which, considering price of one of these (and I must say I'm more than happy to invest the money), makes the idea of importing less and less attractive.

Remember too that as far as importing goes, a Customs official has the right to seize and destroy any item he/she deems to be undesirable without Police involvement and I had a past import of mine nearly popped into the furnace even though I was in possession of a B709A permit.

Generally the best (and safest) way is if one of the accredited importers have already brought the blasters into the country because that way there are generally no hoops to jump through.

This is what I was trying to say when I expressed my wish.

Thanks again...

Regards

MARK

cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my Tomensuke Pro today! Reply with quote

Staar wrote:

Generally the best (and safest) way is if one of the accredited importers have already brought the blasters into the country because that way there are generally no hoops to jump through.

This is what I was trying to say when I expressed my wish.
Thanks again...

Regards

MARK

I see what u r getting at now. Shocked
I agree and hate "hoop jumping" also. I have not had any problems with Aussie customs so far.... and as long as the police issue the B709A, customs are happy. That's why I get the police permit and try to check with customs first before importing a replica gun. 'Risk management'.

Last edited by cratercritter on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a roll of the dice, and at that price, I wouldn't be willing to take a chance either.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: