FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Sold

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Sold Reply with quote

This is up for sale guys, a 2019 Offworld Metal/plastic blaster, with 5 inert rounds in the chamber.

I bought this off this forum about a year ago. The chamber release is broken, sadly. It doesn't really affect the overall model, it just means you cant push the release and have the chamber swing out, you have to do this manually and open the chamber with a finger.

That's the bad stuff out the way, now onto the model, it has been completely stripped, repainted, and made to look a little more "Worldcon"...the grips have been toned down by applying Tamiya smoke to the inside of the amber, looks a lot better.

The receiver has been stripped to bare metal, and faux alloy parts shot with Aclad, the box is also included and all LED's are working fine although a new battery is probably needed as the LED's are getting a bit dim.

This will only be sold in the UK I'm afraid, and as for price, I'm thinking around £200 would be about fair.

stage1411

Last edited by StageSummit on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price drop and bump. £180 posted to UK Mainland.
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Offworld BR blaster for sale Reply with quote

[quote="stage1411"]This is up for sale guys, a 2019 Offworld Metal/plastic blaster, with 5 inert rounds in the chamber.

I bought this off this forum about a year ago. The chamber release is broken, sadly. It doesn't really affect the overall model, it just means you cant push the release and have the chamber swing out, you have to do this manually and open the chamber with a finger.

That's the bad stuff out the way, now onto the model, it has been completely stripped, repainted, and made to look a little more "Worldcon"...the grips have been toned down by applying Tamiya smoke to the inside of the amber, looks a lot better.

The receiver has been stripped to bare metal, and faux alloy parts shot with Aclad, the box is also included and all LED's are working fine although a new battery is probably needed as the LED's are getting a bit dim.

This will only be sold in the UK I'm afraid, and as for price, I'm thinking around £200 would be about fair.

stage1411

=====

Greetings ~

OOOHHHH RATS!

Would be grand to if you could possibly ship to the US, but I can see and understand the reasons why not..

Thanks for the opportunity...

Looks great!!
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could possibly post to the US but I have no idea what the law is in the US regarding the importing of replica / prop firearms and if this will have any problems clearing US customs.

Also the cost of shipping maybe prohibitive as well as the possibility that the recipient may need to pay some type of import duty. If there is anyone on the forum that might know the answers to the points raised above maybe they will reply to this post.
OUTLAW
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stage1411,
I´ve posted stuff all over the world and as yet without issue. Best option is to send via regular post or 1st class in your case. I always send certified so the buyer has to sign for the item on delivery.

Don´t send with a courier like Fedex or Parcel Force though as it seems all their cargo goes through customs checks. Regular post seems to be fine but always state on the box what the item is i.e "Toy replica blaster" or you can include some printed pages inside, images from the movie etc incase the box is inspected.

I´ve heard that France can be bad but I´ve sent plastic toy blasters there without issue.

At the end of the day it is just a replica movie blaster so there should be no problems.

Best of luck with your sale.
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price drop and bump. £170 posted to UK Mainland.
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could I be a dullard and ask a couple of questions? I'm interested in this lovely looking fella.

do you think the chamber release is fixable?

which parts are plastic?

Does the cocking lever pull back the chamber/move?

and

Does the bottom of the mag housing have the red LED and logo or is it just flat? (looks that way in the pics)

Thanks

Respect
P.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think shipping these in and out of the UK has been a roll of the dice. I believe propsjohnnyb might have a special permit or something that has helped him with it, and he has also had to have them all shipped as raw parts unbuilt too. Still I have heard quite a few of these stopped at customs, and then just plain disappearing. Selling within the UK is certainly the best bet and a great opportunity for someone inside to get a hold of one, that would be impossible otherwise. I would say put it in your title that this blaster is UK based. I have no idea of course of the issues with shipping to Ireland of course, any restrictions should be made a footnote in the first post.

Andy
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the chamber release is fixable?

You would have to take the gun apart to get to the chamber release from what I can tell. I assume it would be fixable judging from what some people can do to their blasters on this forum but I don't really have the time to look into in. If by some fluke of the way it works it was impossible to fix I don't want to held responsible for that and that's why it is being advertised as it is.

Which parts are plastic?

It's mostly plastic except for the top metal "slide." I am not sure about any internal parts.

Does the cocking lever pull back the chamber/move?

I am not sure what you are asking. If you are asking if the bolt can be moved, the answer is yes. If you are asking does the cylinder rotate, the answer is yes. If you are asking if the cylinder rotates when the trigger is pulled, the answer is no.

Does the bottom of the mag housing have the red LED and logo or is it just flat?

This particular "mag" does not have the red LED at the bottom. It does however have some markings on it. How original are the markings to the real thing? I don't know. I know that offworld sell an updated "mag" with the extra LED at the bottom that you can swap this one out for if you so wished.
DonParker
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to just pull the screw out for the chamber
release and then pull the release out itself. Just pull back and lift.
It's pretty easy.

Don
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price drop and bump. £160 posted to UK Mainland.
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price drop and bump. £150 posted to UK Mainland
Belmekor
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm sent Smile
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Belmekor, PM sent back. No idea if they are getting through as they are not in my sent items and your pm to me also disappeared from my inbox. Hope you got the PM/s. Regards
Belmekor
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted Smile
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Offworld BR blaster for sale Reply with quote

stage1411 wrote:
This is up for sale guys, a 2019 Offworld Metal/plastic blaster, with 5 inert rounds in the chamber.

stage1411

Is this still for sale I'm in the UK
Thanks.
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Offworld BR blaster for sale Reply with quote

stage1411 wrote:

stage1411

Thanks.
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Offworld BR blaster for sale Reply with quote

stage1411 wrote:

stage1411

Thanks.
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Offworld BR blaster for sale Reply with quote

stage1411 wrote:

stage1411

Thanks.
StageSummit
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, now sold. Best of luck finding one in the UK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: