FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Rolling Eyes now I'll have nightmares about blasters melting into a furnace Sad The problem with people is that they never go by the book or apply due process Confused That's why it's dicey! Some official will accept the gun into the country, another will not. It's a frustrating game Evil or Very Mad
To every officials out there: please be on the same page for Pete's sake: you either accept entry for that particular weapon, or not at all.
But don't tell me that Monday it was fine to get it, and on Thursday it's not anymore...I hate it when a clear procedure becomes a whim!

My rant is over Wink
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Sheesh Joberg...take a sedative or whisky or sumtin'
You used five emoticons in one string.
It's only Customs laws Cool
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems customs is the same everywhere - there is no consistent interpretation of the rules. Canada customs is as arbitrary as the equivalent in any other country. I had them turn back a Logan's Run gun at the border twice, despite the fact that it is not a replica of an existing gun and does not violate any customs policies. They let it through the third time, although they did mess up the packaging pretty badly.

They let a Racprops blaster and an airsoft Thompson through without any issues...
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you have visited customs offices and -seen- these guys, but basically they're bureaucrats with guns. Worst sort of combination I can think of. And if you ever try to clear a shipment yourself, rather than paying a customs broker to clear it for you, at least the San Diego customs agents treat you like a criminal. Frankly it's bullshit and I really hate dealing with customs. An incredibly and unnecesarily complex system run by gun-toting thugs with an attitude. Lovely.

Brokers on the other hand are very nice, but they're making a lot of cash on the deal, so they have every reason to smile.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Tomenosuke Pro Blasters are still selling from the japan website www.hollywood-japan.jp about US$1075 plus shipping at the moment.

There is also a seller on ebay, tonycheung1965 selling these from Hong Kong. He has sold two so far this week and there is another one up for sale. His asking
'Buy-It-Now' price is higher than the Japan site though, US$1300 to US$1400 plus shipping.

Cool
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know Crattercrutter, it's only Customs (guess the proper place should've been the Pit for my rant)...and as you can see, others on the board (and any other board dealing with gun prop/replica) have their own horror/frustrating stories about them (I had many times) but when you end up loosing money and your prop at the same time despite having jumped through all the hoops and the paper work it can be a very frustrating exercice Confused

See, I'm calmer now: just two emoticons
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you are calm now Mr. Joberg. Agree with you about getting all fired up when one hears of a blaster dangling over a taxpayer-funded "furnace" ... creepy and nail biting indeed. Evil or Very Mad Customs officers aren't cops (although some think they are).... they're just like some of us out there... "the little people".
Hope these last half a dozen or so posts here aren't a bad omen for me. As I write this, I have a Tomenosuke Pro on hold in Customs at the moment.... yikes Confused
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: TOMENOSUKE ”POLICE MODEL!?” Reply with quote

Tomenosuke Owner's blog just announced the debut of PLICE MODEL in black.

Here is his wild guess how the blaster was made. It is a good story telling even though nobody can prove it. But it is the reason we begins Police model project:

Leaving only a few days till the movie shooting, the design team was restless having no alternative plan to replace the futuristic gun for the hero designed by Sid Mead, which was turned down.

Then, a staff from the prop department came in with a big steampunk-looking handgun.
The gun was one of a kind – built up with care using aluminum and plastic hand-made parts as well as stamping tools used for leather crafts, terminal screws of communication instruments, parts from Steyr Mannlicher Rifle, and placing the Charter Arms Bulldog at the core so that it would blow fire.

This futuristic custom gun would never have been, if it was not for a skilled gunsmith bearing a SciFi oriented vision. The staffs had, at last, found this gun while searching through TV-usage firearms renting companies that are scattered in Hollywood.

Seeing the gun, director Ridley Scott had happily accepted to use it in the film and bought it in order to place futuristic lighting gimmicks. The prop department was given the assignment of decorating the gun with LED.

However, above all is a wild dream of the shop owner.

This is because the line in the book “Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner” written by Paul M. Sammon, mentioning that the prop master Terry Luis had manufactured the Blaster and a Mexican craftsman did the actual hand-work, sounded far-fetched at first.

Luis had been working in the field of movie prop during 1970’s to 90’s, but referring to his career, it doesn’t seem that he has a peculiar taste towards guns, and moreover, it is hardly believable that a Blaster with that much detail could be produced in a very limited time right before the shooting.

It is more natural to view of Luis as the head of the prop division, who was responsible of modifying the custom gun into a hero blaster and maintaining it.
The Mexican craftsman was probably in charge of placing the LED gimmicks afterwards.

The first thing that the prop division did to the custom gun that they have just bought, was to moulage the gun and make several dummy for the police to carry, or to use for long shots and action cuts. The Blasters that were made at that timing were the so-called “dumping prop” which were all in black, and without any moving gimmicks. Those “dumping” models were the ones using Mannlicher’s original magazine before the five LED were added, and also had a metallic bar similar to a stamping tool (the part that were later called by the fans as a “laser-site”) above its left cover before LED bulbs were placed on both ends. This is also the version that has a flat grip end – the grip end before the top part got trimmed to fit Harrison Ford’s big hand.

Currently we are planning to replicate this “dumping” model with Tomenosuke Blaster Pro.
Referring to the previous Tomenosuke Blaster as a “hero” model, this version could be called as a “police” model. This model would be a Ver. 1.5 of the Blasters, and among ourselves, we call this model as the “black-model”.

UNQUTE

Do you like this story? Welcome everybody's professional view about this.

Here is TOMONEOSUKE owners' blog-site:

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/13047797/
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing...good story indeed; saw the Police Black Gun and it's very beautiful indeed Cool
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly sounds like a little bit of speculation sprinkled with the few facts, and rumours we have heard about this gun. As good as any other speculation so far. It does seem to add more added on detail to the just plain "They made Dummy casts from the Hero before it was finished, for filming and extras" too. A standard practice in Hollywood films, and nothing new, and still done today. Did anyone get to talk to Terry Lewis yet? I have tried to get in touch with him and Art Shippee Jr. as well.

Has anyone confirmed the use of the leather punch for green LED sight yet? This is one of the things I have looked at extensively and haven't found much of a close match yet.

I also see another company is making an upgrade kit to make conversion kit to make a standard Tomenosuke Pro, more police/stunt like, thanks to Macky's blog...

http://macky2019.exblog.jp/15094552/

I kind of like the idea of just conversion parts for sure, but it does look like New all black version of the Tomenosuke Pro really gets the look of the stunts down perfect. All they need now is the wood grain looking (painted) grips too Wink

Thanks for keeping us updated Mune,
Andy
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone swapped out the Worldcon screw with the slot head replacement that accompanied the gun? I don't want to damage it, but I'd prefer to display it with the slot head screw.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the swap, it's pretty straightforward. Use the Allen wrench to remove the front part in order to get the WC screw out (don't just twist it! Shocked ).

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah Cool ...thanks for the pic Karl.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

You will have to remove the "ammo clip" housing using allen wrenches and then you can take the screw out.

Photos by Nobutaka Toku, showing the process.

K
Lanboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks Karl!

The shape of the slot-head replacement suggested to me that it might be a bad idea to twist it - before randomly removing components I decided to post here. I've developed an unhealthy degree of affection for this prop...
CessnaDriver
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall, you'll need a metric set.
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the article about POLICE MODEL by a magazine called "GUN".
This limited blaster is available from 3rd of September.

http://www.exblog.jp/blog_logo.asp?slt=1&imgsrc=201108/27/42/a0077842_11154088.jpg[/url]
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, TOMENOSUKE "Police Edition" have been launched.
Within this month, this version also available for the US buyers at US$900.00 + S&H $30.00, total $930.00. Only 300pcs made.
Price for buyera in other countries will quoted separately.

If you are interested in this model, please send an e-mail to:

info@hollywood-japan.jp

Please make sure the tilte should be TOMENOSUKE POLICE VERSION or BLACK VERSION.

If you want the regular version, just say REGULAR TOMENOSUKE Blaster.

Thanks.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the updates Mune.

Andy
munegumi@event.co.jp
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munegumi@event.co.jp wrote:
Last week, TOMENOSUKE "Police Edition" have been launched.
Within this month, this version also available for the US buyers at US$900.00 + S&H $30.00, total $930.00. Only 300pcs made.
Price for buyera in other countries will quoted separately.

If you are interested in this model, please send an e-mail to:

info@hollywood-japan.jp or the following URL:

http://redmonkeydesigns-japan.com/index-slyde.html

Please make sure the tilte should be TOMENOSUKE POLICE VERSION or BLACK VERSION.

If you want the regular version, just say REGULAR TOMENOSUKE Blaster.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 26 of 30

Jump to: