FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Rick Ross PKD III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words and continued support of my work. I'm glad you like it.

Sincerely,
Rick

www.reddragonkipplecompany.com
www.pflagerkatsumata.com
www.ricklross.com
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very exciting times!

Thanks for the pics!
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my technical post to include Mr.Ross's original PKD name.I tried to explain markings on various versions of the PKD.The fact is,the same pistol may well appear in licensed and unlicensed versions so the fact that PKD's appear with so many markings is easily explained.I plan in the future to do technical posts on the Enforcer model and it's silencer(suppressor).
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The fact is,the same pistol may well appear in licensed and unlicensed versions

Man, you lost me with this. Do you mean versions Rick put out, and those that were recast after he stopped producing them and EDC started?

There is no licensed version of a BR blaster replica. Sad
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still got my original PK1 kit, which is assembled but awaiting a good paint job.

I'm amazed by thise pic! How do you get the grips to look that dark? Can anyone elaborate on the paint job process?

cool stuff!! Smile

steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn't clear.I mean in the BR universe the blaster would probably be pirated.Say we consider the Hartford,Coyle,Ross,Sidkit,and Offworld "authorized".I'm trying to reconcile all the markings found on various blasters by explaining that they were built by a variety of licensee's.Steyr,Smith&Wesson,PKD and Shimata-Dominguez.S&W doesn't appear on any blasters but I saw it in the manual for the Hartford cap version.The real world parallel would be that various knock offs would also be built and of course custom jobs.With all that considered we can explain virtually any variation .
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most gun companies do not allow 'unlicensed' versions. Most of the name changes on real guns are because the company was bought out or was a government contract made by multiple factories. Many gun styles are copied though such as the parabellum and colt style revolvers.

I prefer the real world reasons for the marking differences, because I don't want to confuse the uninformed with made up information. If your interested in those I might be able to help you, as could Rick Ross and Rich Coyle, both members here.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steevy wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear.I mean in the BR universe the blaster would probably be pirated.

Well, that doesn't clarify a darn thing for me! Shocked hahahaha. Why would it be pirated? What draws you to that conclusion? The real world parts?

I'm assuming that in the film it's supposed to be manufactured by 1 company as 1 gun. It's not supposed to be a "franekstein gun" as Karl has called it.

The gun in the film is police issue, and only has 1 variant: Deckard has amber grips. Everyone else we see with blasters, the patrolmen, Bryant and Holden, all have blasters with black grips (the rubber stunt guns). So that would make me assume it's not pirated at all, but made under contract for the LAPD.

I guess we'll get to see what Gaff carries as in his "I spit on metaphysicsaaaaahh" scene in the new teaser for the final cut his jacket is off, and you can see his shoulder holster. I'm betting he just has an all black stunt blaster on. Heck, it's probably the same shoulder holster Bryant wears.

Quote:
I don't want to confuse the uninformed with made up information.

Well crap Andy, that's all we've had with Blade Runner for so long though!! Smile Made up information! It's mixed in with the real information for all time now!!

I'm kidding. And I agree 100%. The fun thing about fandom though is that we tend to be creative.

Maybe one day a wiley clever artist type will submit a "Blade Runner Technical Manual" to Warners Brothers and have the chance to establish some of the made up information as canon.

Njc-------------
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilice in NY choose,and purchase,one of several approved designs.I believe Glock 17,Sig 228 or Ruger,all 9mm double action automatics with similar dimensions ,magazine capacity etc.What kind of grips an officer wants are up to him,though they probably have some limits.Plain clothes officers and detectives probably have more options.Deckard presumably chose the grips he liked the feel of and since he carried concealed there were no rules against it.Other officers might choose bare bones features.I think eltee is a police officer maybe he can clear that up.The thing is,criminals and illegals might have to buy copies off the street.They might carry cheap knock off copies of a pricey weapon with restrictions on it such as the blaster,just a supposition.Heres a quote from a modern day firearms guide to give an example."The Walther PP impressed most people who came in contact with it.......so much so that many nations produced copies,with or without the benefit of a license.The Soviets were among the latter".This in reference to the Soviet Makarov which is basically an enlarged PP.I did give real world reasons for the name change such as Steyr being a PK subsidiary anfd the pistol being license built by others such as Shimata-Dominguez which I believe appears on some Rick Ross works.I recentl got everyones name in my technical post or at least everyone I know of.Ross,Coyle,Steinshneider even Noeland.I'm trying to tie it all in in a realistic manner,of course it is ultimately made up.....
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snagged these images off a current auction on that one website who's name begins with the fifth letter of the alphabet. Nice pictures of the original PKD kit before assembly.

Regards,
oldzey
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: