FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthwolf7
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of Michael Bay remaking Blade Runner almost just made me throw up in my mouth a little!?!? That would be Horrible! As a fan that saw its theatrical release as a kid...I would be extremely disappointed to see anyone but Rudley directing this film...and if I see Sheila LeBouf ANYWHERE bear this film...I'm going to freak outl!!! He...SUCKS! All in all as the movie that made me a sci fiI fan I have always feared someone would ruin it....let's hope not!???
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the site that the Michael Bay rumour came from. It's a spoof site. Look at the technical quotes :

"2.1:1 aspect ratio to allow an extra 2' to accomodate explosions!"

"500% more blades! 300% more running!"

and other comedy things in the side bar.

I can breathe again after checking it out. Phew, don't scare me like that!
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: NEVER TRUST THE INTERNET Reply with quote

As Jimmy Kimmel recently proved, you can never trust what you see on YouTube, and so it goes with the rest of the internet.

I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that the reference to the wider screen and the higher percentages was a jab at Michael Bay rather that a hint that the whole article was a ruse. Forgive the panic, but to paraphrase Roy "Barry" , I've seen things I would rather not believe.

As there has been little real news since 2012 regarding any progress on the project, it is anyone's guess what or who might eventually become involved.

So if this is in fact a spoof, my apologies.

Have A Better One - R13
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no apology required Smile

After some perusal it became clear that the shoe horn is all about taking the p*** so we should all rest easy for now.

Del Toro shelved "in the mountains of madness" when the production company demanded a love interest and a happy ending and I can't help but feel Ridley wouldn't allow something like Michael Bay directing to happen to our favorite film Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God I read the entire thread before I start shooting at anything that moved in my peripheral vision Very Happy

If it was true, I would personally picket M.Bay's house Evil or Very Mad
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! Almost lost my breakfast on that one. A flood of over done CGI waves of vandalism went racing through my head.

TFS though R13, it has been too quiet on the new BR front and that stirred my tanks nicely. Very Happy
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: MY FAUX PAS Reply with quote

I was a bit curious when I read the article initially, but my first thought was that, while Ridley was the originator of this vision of our upcoming future, unlike Lucas, he does not own the rights.

That falls to the Blade Runner Partnership and Yorkin, whose failure to "get it" from the beginning seems only outweighed by his apparent bitterness at losing his financial bet after the initial release. An attitude I would hope he has put behind him.

And there are always the studios to contend with.

- R13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't the bet the farm on Yorkin having had forgotten that one Confused
It seems that the new studio might be better, but as you said I don't know if Yorkin an Co has any say on the screenplay or other details.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: DÉJÁ VIEW Reply with quote

I have been hearing rumors now that the "Blade Runner" pre-sequel is finally moving forward, but have yet to discover much discussion here. In late August, THE VERGE reported online that Sir Scott confirmed that it will happen - that the script was finish and was, in his words, "Damn good!"

Although I must admit I enjoyed "Prometheus" - if only to experience that universe again through the eyes of the talented Mr. Ridley - it's flawed screenplay has many leery of what direction his return to Ridleyville might take.

RINSE & REPEAT
In an earlier interview Ridley had outlined a new opening sequence that many here recognized as the opening sequence storyboarded by Sherman Labby over three decades ago for the original film.

While it might be interesting to see elements of that unused sequence, I only hope that this film will explore more than just those themes touched on in the original.

As with the upcoming "Star Wars" sequel, Ford will reportedly reprise his role. We were all left questioning whether Deckard was originally meant to be a replicant, and if so, whether he, like Rachel, was of a new, experimental model. Ridley is obviously moving forward under that premise.

So, as with his return to alien worlds, I will again eagerly visit Ridley's newest vision, hoping to be as amazed as I was over 30 years ago when flying cars seemed possible in the distant future of 2019.

Have A Better One! - R13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wait is killing me Dave, killing me!
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/618083-ridley-scott-teases-more-blade-runner-sequels-plot-details-for-alien-paradise-lost
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: ONE THING AT A TIME Reply with quote

Promises. Promises. Promises . . .

While it seems that there may well (eventually) be sequels to both Blade Runner and Prometheus/ALIEN, I for one tire of the dangled carrots.

Granted, these things take time, and money, but with Ridley taking on so much, with so many interruptions along the way, I would be happy just to see one sequel in my lifetime. Never mind the proposed multiples.

The practice now seems to be announcing Parts II & II & TV spinoffs, so far ahead of the scheduled release, that whether or not they materialize does not matter.

And there remains SO much good — no — GREAT science fiction out there that remains untapped, that (properly translated) could supply both theaters and television with enough material to last decades. The sad rehashing of past series and movies is so trite. Granted, there are those that could use an updated look, but few reboots have exceeded or even met the quality of the originals in content and story.

That said, thanks for the link, Mr. Webber. I only wish the carrots were a bit more tangible. - R13
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Art Deckard on Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

////

Last edited by Art Deckard on Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: BLURRED VISION Reply with quote

Ah yes, commerce.

In spite of our shared infatuation with this telling of PKD's story, in the end, it is "only a movie". - R13
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ONE THING AT A TIME Reply with quote

Replicant 13 wrote:
Promises. Promises. Promises . . .

While it seems that there may well (eventually) be sequels to both Blade Runner and Prometheus/ALIEN, I for one tire of the dangled carrots.

Granted, these things take time, and money, but with Ridley taking on so much, with so many interruptions along the way, I would be happy just to see one sequel in my lifetime. Never mind the proposed multiples.

The practice now seems to be announcing Parts II & II & TV spinoffs, so far ahead of the scheduled release, that whether or not they materialize does not matter.

And there remains SO much good — no — GREAT science fiction out there that remains untapped, that (properly translated) could supply both theaters and television with enough material to last decades. The sad rehashing of past series and movies is so trite. Granted, there are those that could use an updated look, but few reboots have exceeded or even met the quality of the originals in content and story.

That said, thanks for the link, Mr. Webber. I only wish the carrots were a bit more tangible. - R13

I totally get your trepidation on future projects R13, I only posted the link for its interesting sub text from SRS. The "competitive" comments are directed fairly and squarely at the good ship Cameron and his upcoming Avatar movies if I'm not mistaken. How the whole merging of the three "Scott" universes plays out is utterly fascinating to me. Also think George Miller has really put a rocket up most of our Rock Star Directors as well.
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: SEQUELITIS Reply with quote

Agreed.

Ridley will do what Ridley will do, whatever the motivation. These remain his universes - his babies to toy with and plot points aside, it cannot be argued (IMO) that his visions are breathtaking.

We are left to play the distant observers, but with opinions, invited or not, right or wrong. One can hardly fault him for creating these amazing worlds that we have adopted, and so hunger to revisit, time and again.

But the mix of expanding timelines, the changing schedules, and our impatience only increases the frustration in waiting for SRS sequel.

No doubt the logic of making more than one film, back-to-back has it's financial benefits, but just cranking out sequels reduces the outcome to something akin to bad TV, losing any integrity it may have had in its hope for a quick profit. And the term "oversaturated" comes to mind as we look forward to the Avatar and superhero movies, and the upcoming Star Wars onslaught, as well.

I'll take quality over quantity any day. One helping ay a time.

- R13
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Art Deckard on Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you guys...Villeneuve has said that he certainly doesn't want to change the ambiance and the look of BR.
As for Leon, Tyrell was just testing his security protocol (a few heads rolled after that Rep Detect was shot)
Nexus7
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“The thing I must say is that I love mystery. I love shadows. I love doubts. I would just want to say to the fans that we will take care of that mystery. I will take care of it.”

-Denis Villeneuve
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: