FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Buying a blaster in the UK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Buying a blaster in the UK. Reply with quote

Hi there I'm new here and new to collecting blasters.

I live in the UK and found a blaster made by Elfin knights in china and was wondering if it would be safe to send to the UK ?

Not sure if this would be classed as a movie prop replica or a RIF ?

Also interested in any blasters in the UK for sale.

Also is the Elfin knights blaster any good or should I go for something else ?
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know getting blasters into the UK is a pain in the **** as long as they have any resemblance to a gun. There are UK members here, so perhaps some of them will chime in Very Happy
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buch wrote:
As far as I know getting blasters into the UK is a pain in the **** as long as they have any resemblance to a gun. There are UK members here, so perhaps some of them will chime in Very Happy

Iv ordered one from China but yet to pay for it but iv got a funny feeling that customs will take it ?
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I heard is that UK customs does NOT like replica guns... This is the one, right?

racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have posted in your Prop Shop I have a special person whom will import my models into the UK.

Without him it is very hard to get them in.

Rich
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voila Very Happy
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buch wrote:
All I heard is that UK customs does NOT like replica guns... This is the one, right?

Yes that's the one I'm looking to get.
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
As I have posted in your Prop Shop I have a special person whom will import my models into the UK.

Without him it is very hard to get them in.

Rich

I'll take a look as I'm very interested in owning one.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also be talking directly to your Customs people and, if relevant to your Police for info on how to get them into your country, and ask what is required to obtain the required import permit for the actual replica you are interested in.
I'm in Australia... I go through the correct channels via the Customs officials and my local police Authority each time I wan to import a replica gun, rifle or pistol.
Rules and procedures in the UK obviously will be different.
Getting one in via a "middle man" would be pretty cool if you could.
All the best with that.
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cratercritter wrote:
You should also be talking directly to your Customs people and, if relevant to your Police for info on how to get them into your country, and ask what is required to obtain the required import permit for the actual replica you are interested in.
I'm in Australia... I go through the correct channels via the Customs officials and my local police Authority each time I wan to import a replica gun, rifle or pistol.
Rules and procedures in the UK obviously will be different.
Getting one in via a "middle man" would be pretty cool if you could.
All the best with that.

There's no problem with me owning a blaster or the import of it but it could be mistaken for what's called a RIF (real imitation firearm) to someone in customs that doesn't have much firearms knowledge.

A retailer in the UK would make a mint selling these.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is it is a NO GO for any importing, even air soft and paint ballers have had trouble with customs...

Funny as there is no problem INSIDE the UK, just getting them in.

Japan is even worst one guy's shipment was stopped and they then VISITED his home and took props.

Down under if you can get a police permit then your golden, but some places still would not issue the permits...

Rich

Last edited by racprops on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
My understanding is it is a NO GO for any importing, even air soft and paint ballers have had trouble with customs...

Funny as there is no problem INSIDE the UK, just getting them in.

Japan is even worst one guy's shipment was stopped and they then VISITED his home and took props.

Down under if you can get a police permit then your olden, but some places still would not issue the permits...

Rich

I bought an airsoft gun from over seas once and it didn't arrive so I contacted customs and had to talk to a guy who had the gun in front of him and explane how it worked before they sent it to me.
stonedog7563
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on the RPF from the U.K. has just received the latest Tomenosuke direct from Japan with no issues, apparently it stated on the parcel that it was a "no gas, no gunpowder toy gun" and flew through customs with no problems.

Not sure I would chance it myself but you know the old saying "no pressure no diamonds"
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be because it is from Japan with tighter gun laws, it might because it is a big company, or it just might be luck.

Customs people can be good and bad.

Some don't care, some don't check and some will kick back anything they don't like.

Yours pays your dime and yours take your Chances.

As far as I know policy is NO!
stonedog7563
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% problem here is, too many jumped up little tin gods sitting in warm and cozy offices sipping tea telling themselves they just saved the world by seizing toy guns Laughing
Trickshot72

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonedog7563 wrote:
Someone on the RPF from the U.K. has just received the latest Tomenosuke direct from Japan with no issues, apparently it stated on the parcel that it was a "no gas, no gunpowder toy gun" and flew through customs with no problems.

Not sure I would chance it myself but you know the old saying "no pressure no diamonds"
Dear sir, That was my post. Please let me give you the benefit of my experience in this matter. It will come down to luck. Customs cannot physically X-ray every package that comes into the country. They choose random packages. If your package were to be X-rayed the viewer would likely have a fit when he saw the gun and .44 cartridges. I know of one UK buyer who had his seized, at a total loss, and another who, after more stress and paperwork than a bad divorce got his through, although grubby and mauled. But then I have had a Tomenosuke kit and Takagi blaster fly through with no problems at all. As Mr Coyle suggests, I think that buying from Japan helps, as their replica gun laws are even more strict than ours. Also, I think that buying from a retailor helps as the packages and labeling tend to look better, more professional. I cannot say for certain that this helps, but I think so. These do occasionally come up for sale on Ebay from UK sellers, in fact there is one on Ebay right now. This would, of course, solve all your problems. I have recently been discussing this issue with a fellow Brit on the RPF. He contacted HMRC to ask about this and was greeted with surprising hostility. They even threatened him with the possibility of five years in jail. You will just have to hope that yours slips in under the radar, as did mine. Best of luck, pal.

Last edited by Trickshot72 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Trickshot72

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a blaster in the UK. Reply with quote

Rambo_troop wrote:
Hi there I'm new here and new to collecting blasters.

I live in the UK and found a blaster made by Elfin knights in china and was wondering if it would be safe to send to the UK ?

Not sure if this would be classed as a movie prop replica or a RIF ?

Also interested in any blasters in the UK for sale.

Also is the Elfin knights blaster any good or should I go for something else ?
The Takagi blaster in the picture on this thread is the solid "stunt" version. It is cheaper, plastic, and will not satisfy your craving. Their premier model, the M2019 cap firer, will. I have recently acquired one, and it is exquisite. I was concerned that the plastic receiver would let it down, but it does not. The plastic is mixed with metal powder and it has very nearly the weight, feel and finish of the Tome retailors. In some area's it is even superior to the Tome, particularly the gorgeous finish on the metal parts, and cycling of the cylinder. The Tome pushes out the cylinder cover on cycling. And of course, it fires. I love it, and I'm sure you would too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: