FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Still looking to buy blaster in the UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambo_troop
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Still looking to buy blaster in the UK Reply with quote

Anyone got a blade runner blaster for sale in the UK ?
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all saw your first thread and you got a 14 answers, if anyone has a Blaster to sell you they will see it and tell you.

I know the answers were not what you wanted..but it is the best we can do.

Most whom have a blaster paid dearly and fought hard to get it and only a real major problem may cause them to resell it.

So stand by, one might pop up,

Of course it may not one of the best models..

Rich
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
We all saw your first thread and you got a 14 answers, if anyone has a Blaster to sell you they will see it and tell you.

I know the answers were not what you wanted..but it is the best we can do.

Most whom have a blaster paid dearly and fought hard to get it and only a real major problem may cause them to resell it.

So stand by, one might pop up,

Of course it may not one of the best models..

Rich

Nicely put indeed Rich.

Rambo_troop, this is a challenge in any country with strict rules regarding importing guns/blasters.

You'll need lots of patience mate, check with your local authorities and keep your eye's peeled. It will happen...

Best

MARK

Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2957
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:

Not to rain on your party BUT Sid was a known recaster, and in fact RIPPED me off with this model taken off my early Plastic model and all SidKits Blade Runner are 90% rip off recasting.

Other than that I have no problem with you getting it if that does not bother you.

Also it is a poor copy, grips don't fit right, and that safety is way off...

My 2 cents.

Rich
Buch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Rich, I didn't mean any disrespect. I fully understand your critique on the Sid.

I posted the link because it looked like the blaster was in the UK and would be easy for our new member to get a hold on... In fact I didn't read the description very carefully, I thought it was an Off World with a new paint job and not a Sid...
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem considering how hard and costly it is for him to get a Blaster I have no problem with his getting it.

Just felt he might not know its history and thought he might want to know...

Gods Speed..

Rich
Belmekor
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what I'm doing, im in the UK too and have put myself down for one of Richs' kits. I don't mind the wait or the finishing work as I've seen the end results and talked to people who have done the kits. Smile
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I have one of Rich's kits I'd like to turn over, and I'll be going to the UK on Nov 5. If you're interested and can give me your price range in a PM, perhaps others could give us hints about how I might bring it over?

I don't want to risk a baggage review, but seems like since I'll be bringing other metal bits and have often come over with metal pieces in our bags, it shouldn't raise too many red flags. If I feel safe bringing it over and you're are interested, we could have a deal.

My kit's from the last 3 years or so, and I've done a fair bit of good quality finish work on it, just haven't taken the plunge of assembling it. Now I'd like to turn it around to get some Napoleonic reenactment gear. Don't want to take work away from Rich, but it's one of his, so it's quality. Let me know by PM if you're interested.
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
FYI:

Not to rain on your party BUT Sid was a known recaster, and in fact RIPPED me off with this model taken off my early Plastic model and all SidKits Blade Runner are 90% rip off recasting.

Other than that I have no problem with you getting it if that does not bother you.

Also it is a poor copy, grips don't fit right, and that safety is way off...

My 2 cents.

Rich
Rich, it seems you often get some criticism for bringing this up in every thread that mentions Siderio's kit. I for one can understand where you're coming from. I really think you're obliged to set the record straight every time otherwise there will likely be a body of folks who will perpetuate the notion that the Sidkit is an entirely original product when it's not.

I purchased a Sidkit in 2007 and only learned about the recasting years later. I talked with you last year expressing my regret in possessing a Sidkit and you were gracious enough to not hold it against me.

That being said I still left my kit unbuilt and opted to purchase a Tomenosuke kit instead. (yours are still forbiddingly $$$ for my wallet).

Bottom line is I still have my 2007 Sidkit (with recast parts) that I posted for sale. I have been approached by one other member from the UK and I have contemplated selling but I'm a little fearful of the kit, even in two parts, being intercepted by customs. Especially the bulldog frame looks just like a revolver butt.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.

As in your case, knowing something was recast can be important to you as you do not want to support it.

And in your case it took a couple of years to learn about its back ground.

This is the very fact why I will post that information when the subject comes up specially with a new member.

I am trying to do it is a less angry voice and more as a For Your Information...

As I said I just wanted him to know BUT as it is so hard to get these into the UK I felt no anger if he did get it and in fact wished him well.

And here again I will wish you well and if you take the risk I would make sure the buyer understands the risk and is willing to take that risk PERSONALLY..after all it is THEIR country that may stop the shipment.

Also I would take the grip frame off the Bulldog and ship them in different boxes, not that is a sure thing but may help.

Rich
Belmekor
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hold my hands up to that one I did want a metal kit and did appraoch you for it but having read more into the history of the Sidkit kit I have approached Rich about buying one of his kits, sorry for any trouble or inconvenience caused
Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apologies necessary. It doesn't get much more authentic than Coyle's blaster. Good luck,.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: