FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Design Thread: Nostromo interiors and deck configurations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really went for broke with the details in this game.
In one of the missions, you have to use a hoist to raise a wheeled vehicle off the floor of a garage....beside that vehicle is one of the small ships from the movie.
If I can recall the mission, I'll redo it and take caps or video of the scene....hopefully before I get reamed by an android, of course :-]
FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Jockey wrote:
Anyways, I'll be sure to post a better message over the weekend and will answer Fengiddle's questions.

Welcome back to the land of the living! Very Happy
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blech!
There is so much in-game, ambient smoke and lens flare that getting a decent image of any of the accessory craft is difficult.

When I get a moment later, I can try and turn off all the bells and whistles that make such FX a factor.

Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FenGiddel86 wrote:
Space Jockey wrote:
...feel free to ask questions.

Yes, please!

1. I like the detail you've started in the engine space. The trapezoid(?) pattern matches the model, I believe.

2. Interesting that Level C would have less space than an upper deck area. However, maybe the spaces are deeper/taller and multi- or split-level?

3. The space on the starboard side of the forward hull (the 'head')...looks to be good sized. And the slender rectangle alongside it. What's your idea there?

4. The smaller squares (look like Space: 1999 Eagle pods Smile ), of which I count 5. What are they?

5. I like the idea of several garages and that we may have actually seen into them during the initial hunt for the alien.

6. Internal symmetry is balanced so far and I'm sure you've got your hands full finding room and relationships for all those spaces.

7. I think I see the personnel lift by the landing claw chamber. Seems to roughly match the position on your exterior blueprints, not sure though.

Looks like you've got a lot of 'good cooking' going on here, bud!

1. That's right. I've loosely blocked it in for the moment. Right now I'm not too worried about details, just thinking about spaces and how they all interconnect. That is indeed the Reactor Chamber (they called a similar space that in Alien Isolation - I like the name, works well.

2. I've come to the conclusion that C Deck is multi-level too. Especially when it concerns the Engine Room that Brett / Parker hang out in. When you see the scene of it looking out over the Reactor Chamber, there is quite alot of space vertically above it and below, which if you drew a section of the ship, means it probably is more level with B Deck than C. But aesthetically, it definitely belongs to C Deck. So the only logical conclusion I could come to is that one has to go up somehow to get to it.
We already think of C Deck as being multi-level to some extent, with Ash's Observation Blister needing a ladder or stair to get to it.

3. When Dallas et al go down to see where the acid is going after trying to remove the facehugger, beyond on C-Deck we see a garage. Trouble is it has to be smaller because of where it is located on the ship (smaller space to work with, and the landing leg is in the way); I also had to take into account the orientation of that and the storage room in relation to the Infirmary location up on A Deck. So it had to be there. This garage though may morph a little, as below this area on the underside there are rocket nozzles, so nothing can likely be accessed from underneath. Still up for investigation.

4. Storage Rooms. The pattern you see if I zoom in on the drawing are just ceiling outlines I used to determine room shape.

5. In filming, they likely only used one garage and one store room opposite. But when I really looked at the different scenes a garage appears, yeah, walls move, vehicle locations are in different places...interesting stuff. The Aliens: Tech Manual mentions a few garages too so having more than one wasn't a problem and I try to keep with other previously printed stuff out there as best I can.

6. Yeah, it's tricky. It'll work out, though.

7. You are correct.

Best wishes! Will post more very soon, I'll work more on this level this week.
Space Jockey
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Canuck wrote:
Blech!
There is so much in-game, ambient smoke and lens flare that getting a decent image of any of the accessory craft is difficult.

When I get a moment later, I can try and turn off all the bells and whistles that make such FX a factor.

]

It is superb, isn't it! Love this game. Thanks for posting the pics. I may need to get this on PC....way easier with being able to get screenshots in-game.
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my third time through the game, but this time I'm playing on novice, so I can take a little more time to stop and smell the carnage *lol*

BTW....before I forget, yet again....has anyone discussed where those large, circular landing lights stow away to?
I looked at every image I could find, but am clueless (no jokes please).
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lights were an afterthought in the movie...with their sizes (on the Nostromo model) they're bigger than the landing gear Confused

Good luck trying to make them fit inside Very Happy
FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Canuck wrote:
BTW....before I forget, yet again....has anyone discussed where those large, circular landing lights stow away to?
I looked at every image I could find, but am clueless (no jokes please).

If you haven't already seen it, there's a photo on Dennis Lowe's website, of the Nostromo and those pesky BIG landing lights. It's the top photo, showing the model in the background, but the lights are seen below the engine nozzles.

http://www.zen171398.zen.co.uk/Alien%20(page7).html

(Sorry, but I couldn't make the link active...)
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this and almost didn't get a chance to take a screen shot or three, was being chased by a thoroughly PO'd 7 foot alien at the time Shocked Laughing

Some elements are obviously missing, and I'll try to get better SS next time....perhaps Mr. Alien would be so kind as stop trying to rip me apart for a moment or ten :-]

BTW....on the topic of Ash, has anyone seen one of the Seegson androids do that little running-in-place scene?
I almost coughed up my drink when this lone android did it twice

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Cold Canuck! Good stuff indeed (I'm almost tempted to buy the game, but then my space station will never be finished Crying or Very sad )
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but in the game, you get to walk around the outside of this station Very Happy
kepi13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame the game doesn't have a free roam/sandbox mode, would allow for us to be able to explore the lower decks more freely without being eviscerated every so often!
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but having to keep your ears open and your head on a swivel, makes for some interesting screen shot attempts :-]
kepi13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been taking several screenshots of the interiors, and can get more of specific locations if interested.

FenGiddel
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kepi13!

Thanks for the pics. If you're ever in what might be passing for the crew quarters and showers, snap some grab some grabs? I always wondered if the design team picked up on Lambert's post-shower towel-off...
kepi13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Canuck wrote:
Saw this and almost didn't get a chance to take a screen shot or three, was being chased by a thoroughly PO'd 7 foot alien at the time Shocked Laughing

Whoa, did you find Ash's science blister? I still can't find it, must just be my luck.

Also I've had a good look around for anything that could be construed as crews quarters, FenGiddel, but unfortunately everything seems to be maintenance or storage-related! There were plenty of locked doors, however, so maybe the devs want us to think the rest of the ship IS there, we're just limited to certain areas due to the "security systems locking a lot of doors" according to Ash Laughing
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS those screen grabs with us Cold Canuck The details in that video game are something else for sure!
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kepi13 wrote:
Whoa, did you find Ash's science blister? I still can't find it, must just be my luck.

My apologies for giving you the wrong impression.
The image I posted is from a scene in the campaign, approx two thirds of the way through. During the scene where Amanda Ripley and friends, are attempting to jettison the alien off of the Sevastopol space station, they bait it into a section that has a couple of view ports like that one I posted.

BTW...I and many others like me, have been plagued with game crashing that has become quite the issue with this game.
After playing with different video settings and drivers, I think I may have blindly stumbled upon a partial fix.
I found that by setting SATA mode switches to IDE instead of AHCI as well as allowing Winblows to auto-load the video card driver instead of doing a manual download and install has reduced my crashes to almost nil. Just uninstall the display adapter driver, reboot, then allow windoze to look for and install the driver by itself.
UNFORTUNATELY, this means using an older driver which doesn't have the beta video recording app (Shadow play), but as soon as I can remedy that, I'll try and post some YouTube links showing details of anything that would appear to be relevant or desirable.

Cheers, eh.
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
TFS those screen grabs with us Cold Canuck The details in that video game are something else for sure!

I actually find myself wandering off the beaten path during the game, to daydream and dawdle....it's fun until the big guy drops down in front of your face then rips it off for you Laughing
Cold Canuck
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FenGiddel86 wrote:
Hey, kepi13!

Thanks for the pics. If you're ever in what might be passing for the crew quarters and showers, snap some grab some grabs? I always wondered if the design team picked up on Lambert's post-shower towel-off...

There is a crew shower/locker area off the sleep chamber of the "USCSS Torrens", a ship that is claimed to be a relative of the tug that the Nostromo is based on.
I'll take at least some screen grabs, maybe video later, then post it for you.
I can't guarantee the accuracy to that of the Nostromo, but....who knows, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Discussion related to Alien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 11 of 27

Jump to: