FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
R.I.P. Jerry Prenchio

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Jerry Prenchio Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-me-andrew-jerrold-perenchio-snap-20170524-story.html

The last of the Blade Runner partnership has passed. A very interesting man and early promoter of niche sporting "Events" including Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier, and Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King. He also headed Univision, and so an incredible number of things in the Entertainment field.

With the new Blade Runner coming out this year, and the Partnership no longer helmed by it's two owners, what will become of the Blade Runner, now franchise. It is going to get interesting for sure.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS with us Andy...yes, one of the major player in Hollywood. Hopefully, it will liberate the BR franchise once and for all. Wink
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though their interference would have appeared to almost ruin the film I can't help but think they had a part to play in shaping it and making the history a bit more interesting.

I could never understand what the motivation was to not merchandise the film? Surely it's a win win for them as it only means more money coming in? Though in a way I respect them for it as now any BR merc official or bootleg seems more special.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: