FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Spinner that came with Box set

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsgfan12
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Spinner that came with Box set Reply with quote

So in true ebay fashion, somebody is selling the neat spinner that came with the box set. Nothing wrong with that, but the bidding is up to 41 dollars. Another ten and they can just buy the whole box set. What is up with people? I'm tempted to sell mine and buy a blu ray set with the proceeds for when I get a player.

I know this will probably only happen for the first guy to sell his spinner, but I'm always amazed at how some items just get into crazy bidding wars.
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER

Last edited by bsgfan12 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same thing as the fools that buy DVD's from an ebayer called Lone sniper - he's been selling badly ripped laserdisc bootlegs of the original theatrical cut for years.

He's still selling them now by saying that you can only get the theatrical cut if you buy the 'expensive' four disc set.
He sells his bootlegs for $20 using this hook.
People still buy 'em!

As far as I'm concerned if you're too lazy or dumb to do your research before bidding on items like the Spinner or the DVD's you deserve to be out of pocket.
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone successfully sold off a FC Spinner for $80 some weeks ago.

LOL
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People know they can get more money parting out their box set than just for the box set alone. I admit that I encouraged this a little by buying an extra briefcase for my Bento project, but at least I did that for a reason.

It's sad, but it's just the way it is.
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I initially bought the blu-ray complete collector's edition for $25 on Amazon and then regretted not buying the Ultimate edition so I bought a DVD briefcase with all its contents (minus movies) from someone on eBay for $40 shipped.

I ended up spending $65 for both after all was said and done which is how much I would have spent on the Ultimate had I purchased it from the get-go.

I still don't understand how the toys are fetching that much on eBay - I think some auctions are a little misleading and don't clearly state that the toys are the ones from the briefcase edition; I can't find any other explanation as to why someone would spend that much on a single piece if they can buy them all for sometimes less...
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of that price hike is sellers bidding on their own auctions to stimulate bidding. The other half of that could be people see what spinner models have gone for in the past, and unknowing that these are from the boxed set, they start bidding heavily because the opening bid is low.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: