FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Change the color of Tomenosuke blaster LEDs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Change the color of Tomenosuke blaster LEDs? Reply with quote

I was simply wondering if anyone here has managed to swap out the red LEDs on a Tomenosuke blaster for a different color? I plan on constructing a "ghost" edition of the blaster, and I'd love to swap the red LEDs for some white LEDs. I suspect it may be more trouble than it's worth, however, I'd love to give it a shot provided it's been done before. Thank you to any who respond.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be cool to have the white LEDs on that ghost...saying that, I don't know of anyone who tried before. Confused
eethan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen at least 2 Tomens and 1 Sidkit with blue leds on
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then...it's possible. Wink As I'm stupid with electronics and electricity in general; I'm afraid that I cannot help you at all. Maybe on the RPF since you're also there.
stussy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl skin job did it on his ghost build. http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=5822&highlight=ghost+blaster heres the link. get in touch with him.he's a nice guy. Very Happy
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
That would be cool to have the white LEDs on that ghost...saying that, I don't know of anyone who tried before. Confused

Yes, that certainly would be cool. I'd love to give it a shot, but I don't want to mess up a rather expense assembly kit without some precedence.
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eethan wrote:
I have seen at least 2 Tomens and 1 Sidkit with blue leds on

I've seen a Sidkit with blue LEDs, but I haven't personally seen a Tomen. Thanks for letting me know it's at least possible.
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stussy wrote:
karl skin job did it on his ghost build. http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=5822&highlight=ghost+blaster heres the link. get in touch with him.he's a nice guy. Very Happy

Thank you very much for pointing that out to me. I'll certainly reach out to him. Thank you again.
stussy
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also,if you ever want a holster for you blaster.he is the man for that. Very Happy
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stussy wrote:
also,if you ever want a holster for you blaster.he is the man for that. Very Happy

Thanks, I've been thinking about picking up a holster, so I really appreciate the tip. Thanks again for chiming in.
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I?ve done it to a Tomen. You have to take out the existing LEDs and the little circuit board, cut the red and black wires to the on/off switch but try and leave as much wire to still be able to solder the new Battery Wires to it. I used a 3.6v battery like in the Coyle Blasters and soldered the same way he does. It?s a bit of a challenge, bit not too difficult. Good luck!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Tomen LEDs Reply with quote

I?ve done it to a Tomen. You have to take out the existing LEDs and the little circuit board, cut the red and black wires to the on/off switch but try and leave as much wire to still be able to solder the new Battery Wires to it. I used a 3.6v battery like in the Coyle Blasters and soldered the same way he does. It?s a bit of a challenge, bit not too difficult. Good luck!
ogrotesque1
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the double post, my bad!
Lasagna Smoothie
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomen LEDs Reply with quote

ogrotesque1 wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply - it's hugely appreciated. Sorry about the slow response on my end, I just got back to checking the thread today.

I'm happy to hear a color swap is possible. Provided you still have the Tomen in your possession, would you by any chance be willing to take a picture of your handiwork and send it my way? It would be a great help to have a visual reference to draw upon. No worries if you'd rather not, as I appreciate your feedback either way. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: