FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
new and need information on the blaster please

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmutt26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: new and need information on the blaster please Reply with quote

Hi All

I have the opportunity to pre order a new re released 2019 retailer edition tomenosuke blaster in the UK.

my main question is can anyone give me a time frame of the released versions of the blaster?
i know there is an OG and a 2049 and the pro but in regards to the best finish, look ect would the retailer 2019 be that?

the 2nd question is do you ever see these loosing value?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw the Tome lose value...on the contrary. Very good investment for the future (in case you have to sell it later on).
You could go directly to the Web page for any additional infos.
Witchking73
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GMutt26,

Welcome to the forum. I'm by no means an expert on the Tomenosuke blasters and to be frank, I don't visit this forum very much more than a couple times a year anymore. Also, I don't have all the answers to your questions, but maybe I can help a little.

I believe the 2019 Pro Retailer Edition first came out in 2014. I bought one for $900 (US), owned it for a couple years and liked it fine. The main issue for me was the flat black "matte" look to the barrel & bolt that didn't seem to match the metallic nature of the other pieces, cylinder, etc. Overall, was okay with it, but eventually sold it for twice its' value 2 years later for the following version:

In 2016 they next offered a different one, referred to as the HCG Exclusive version in the US, 150 units sold here, 150+ sold internationally, not sure what it was called abroad. Ultimate Evolution, maybe? Not sure on that. Anywho...I bought this one too (for same price as the Retailer), mainly b/c on this release they had "blued" the barrel (not really, since it's not made of steel, that's just meant as a description as it appears "glossy", like a real gun barrel does). Now the barrel was shiny and IMHO, matched the rest of the blaster better. For me, this truly made it the prop piece I will be happy to live with forever.

I can't speak to which one is a better, more accurate replica of the original Hero version or not, or comment on any of the various 2049 releases, the 2019 re-release, the Kit version, the OG version, the Harrison Ford Signature one or any other than the two I have owned. Also, I don't know how hard either one of these are to purchase these days or what they cost now. I think they at least hold their value & a quick check on ebay looks like the HCG goes for a pretty penny now.

There are a lot of great threads in here which probably can answer your questions better. Also, the RPF forum is a great resource too, and is frequented by a lot more folks than in here.

HCG Website:
https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/home.php?cat=336

Best of luck on your prop search! I sure had a lot fun on my journey several years ago and learned a lot in process. Cheers & good luck to you!
Pierre990429
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome.
There are tons of versions.

I have a "Pro" (and like it : the blaster has a "classy" look even if some details were changed afterwards, and the box was designed by "Lady Aiko"), a "2019 retailer", a "Toku-San special" - means blued and "custom ordered" - (you had to ask "Mune" - before they - sort of - serialized it a bit), and was lucky to get the Harrison Ford (JP version ) signature version & Box - "artistically distressed".
There are also stunt kits (got a V2, without the spring of the V3) and rubber stunt versions (got one, still in its bag). And an elusive "Police version".

And I don't mention the "fantasy" (mustard, tomato, steampunk) and mini & magnet ones.

I could get a sighting rod with green working LEDs too (easily adaptable because of a very smart on-off system ). (Since them, they again changed the system, and, I think, offered it differently)

Oh, there were 5 specimens of a $5000 metal chromed version (not the chromed stunt ones).

You are never finished with Tomenosuke.
To be 100% honest, I think at a certain point people got "tired" because despite the "it's the definitive version, we swear", they kept doing new ones.

Since a certain time, they stopped refreshing the "official site".
http://www.tomenosuke.com/blaster/

But there is this one:
https://tomenosuke.stores.jp/

Outside Tome, I got a Takagi one (not bad) and a Takagi Water-pistol version (colored one).

... and one Silver Ghost of Richard Coyle (but I have troubles with the LEDs/wiring)

I forgot the airsoft HWS "Chifs Special Blaster" with the cute spelling error. (never used, don't even know how it works)

Not to boast, but to indicate that you have really the choice!

You should - imho - buy the version THAT YOU LIKE, even if it's not 100% accurate, because such a thing doesn't exist. (Tomenosuke always give you the choice between weaver knob & slotted screw)
As always, value depends on the condition : I have barely touched some of mine.....

Also, the matt parts of the 2019 disappointed me a bit (even though it's the one with the green LEDs now).

So, make your choice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: