FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Johnnie Walker Bottle Arrived
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pics! Awesome collections!

Pris Panty Pack????? Wow. What more???? Razz
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:
Pris Panty Pack????? Wow. What more???? Razz

Leon Boxer Shorts LE.

Sweet collection, lethal1973!
megamicrofish
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus6 wrote:
Why are the labels on the JWB bottle UPSIDE-DOWN?

P.S. ?????? Shocked

Perhaps an Optic bottle ?????
lethal1973
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, my label sheet came printed upside down! Did anyone else have this problem? I guess I should have turned the bottle upside down before applying...too late now! Paul, any chance of getting a replacement set? Sorry for the BIG picture.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lethal1973 wrote:
As mentioned, my label sheet came printed upside down! Did anyone else have this problem? I guess I should have turned the bottle upside down before applying...too late now! Paul, any chance of getting a replacement set? Sorry for the BIG picture.

mmmm..... I think all you want is to have a very rare and unique bottle! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lethal1973 wrote:
As mentioned, my label sheet came printed upside down! Did anyone else have this problem?

What part of the world are you in? If memory serves, OB had all labels destined for the southern hemisphere printed in that orientation.
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lethal1973 wrote:

Not such a bad thing, from an investment standpoint...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_Jenny

Quote:
The (C3a) Inverted Jenny (or Jenny Invert) is a United States postage stamp first issued on May 10 1918 in which the image of the Curtiss JN-4 airplane in the center of the design was accidentally printed upside-down; it is probably the most famous error in American philately. Only one pane of 100 of the invert stamps was ever found, making this error one of the most prized in all philately; an inverted Jenny was sold at a Robert A. Siegel auction in November 2007 for US $977,500.[1] In December 2007 a mint, never hinged example (one not previously affixed to a stamp album), was sold for $825,000.[2] The broker of the sale said the buyer was a Wall Street executive who lost the auction the previous month. A block of four inverted Jennys was sold at a Robert A. Siegel auction in October 2005 for US$2.7 million
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lethal1973 wrote:

I hope your kidding Smile Reminds me of the people that are all upset they sent a fax page upside down. You do know you can just flip it afterwards right? I would have to have seen what you would have done with the stickers printed sideways(like the 12 year old sticker). Smile You weren't by any chance drinking any of the scotch before putting the labels on? Laughing

On a good note if you are thinking about fixing them you should be able to bring them into a warm and steamy bathroom to get them to release to reposition them. A hairdryer could help too. I still think you did it on purpose though. Razz Maybe for one of the upside down liquor decanters?

Very eclectic collection. You have some very unique stuff.

Andy
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photek wrote:
repdetect - ces't magnifique!!!!
sorry buddy - i am diving/filming old shipwrecks on the great lakes here and have limited email, but i am too stuck on the summit to not use 2 of my daily 5 minutes online ...
soooo ..... just foo-khin bee-yoo-tee-ful! you have done a man's job sir!
so happy to see your collection so nicely displayed. well done my friend!

lethal1973 ... pris panties? you sir, need to go to church, then give yourself a high-five! AWESOME! what kinda fetish freakie-deakie BR memorabilia is that? just unreal. also, u must be a very interesting cat - the upside down labels are a most interesting touch. cheers on your layout!

Thanks guys for the nice words !!....Paulie buddy ! can't wait for your photos too, i love your BR dedicated cabinet ! i will send you new photos soon, ...have a nice time diving there and take care,

Phil
lethal1973
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy-I just taped some color copies to the bottle for the picture...shhh...don't tell anyone...I'm hoping Paul will send a replacement set.
Bob
Mr Hyde
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: practical jokes Reply with quote

Hey Bob - you strike me as a real practical joker with the upside down labels and the Pris Panties - I like that! Smile

(Or, like with an upside down American flag, were you making some kind of protest statement?)

Just out of curiosity - what's the significance of the Mirage 3D Hologram Generator to the film? I get the eyes... although you need to add slimy optic nerves and muscles for added realism Wink

I really like the Tyrell paperweight - did you make that yourself using the Police Spinner Font?

Finally, your snubbies - I'm tempted to ask if you have a double shoulder holster for them, Brendan "The Mummy" Fraser style...

Can somebody tell me where to get those White Dragon chopsticks?
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:

I totaly agree with Joan !!!

Phil, could you please tell us more about the 2 tiny "spinners under glass" we can see in one of your pics ???
(I love the YUKON card... Where did you get this one ?)

lethal1973
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hyde! No political statement intended by the upside down label. The Mirage display was actually on top of Deckard's refrigerator so could not be seen. Actually, just used it to hold the eyes...no significance at all. The Tyrell paperweight is actually an award clock from work that has a spot for a picture. It has kind of a gyroscope movement.
No holsters for the snubbies, but that's a great idea. The Pris Panties were actually Paul's idea.
Just testing for sense of humor...is this the test now?
Thanks for the kind words awhile back!
Bob
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about upside down things... I bought a Blade Runner comic printed in this manner! Interior pages inverted at all... Razz
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
jfuste wrote:

I totaly agree with Joan !!!

Phil, could you please tell us more about the 2 tiny "spinners under glass" we can see in one of your pics ???
(I love the YUKON card... Where did you get this one ?)

Fred ! what a sharp eye you have ! Very Happy those two little dioramas were made by a guy who sold them on Ebay where i could grab them for peanuts !
You can see photos there :

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/galleries/modeler/vehicles/modeler_vehicles2.php
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect wrote:

Fred ! what a sharp eye you have ! Very Happy those two little dioramas were made by a guy who sold them on Ebay where i could grab them for peanuts !
You can see photos there :

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/galleries/modeler/vehicles/modeler_vehicles2.php

WAOOW !!!
Great !!! (and I don't talk about the Lego cars... I love Legos !!!)

BTW, I must admit I quite never visit Bladezone anymore, mainly because it's quite never updated... Everything looks like old news in this place, IMHO... What do you think ?

Confused
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check out Bladezone almost every day. It does seem a bit dead or trite there at times. I do wish they would update more often. Even the Alt.fan.bladerunner news group is pretty slow. I think we are all suffering from BR overdose perhaps after the release of the DVD's Too much to digest all at once. Of course we are still getting out fix here I guess Wink

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I still check out Bladezone almost every day. It does seem a bit dead or trite there at times. I do wish they would update more often. Even the Alt.fan.bladerunner news group is pretty slow. I think we are all suffering from BR overdose perhaps after the release of the DVD's Too much to digest all at once. Of course we are still getting out fix here I guess Wink

Andy

Yeah Andy.... alt.fan is a very slooooooow group.... Well, you know that. And, more on, when some wanna say something is suspicious of delurking and so on...!!!! Very Happy Weird...

BladeZone is updated regularly since some weeks ago... Nice. Will be desirable that all the BR lists, forums and sites do the same. But... overdose, lack of time, and so on... Not so people are so addicted.... Razz

Joan
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt.Fan is an old group and the only people still on there have been on there for about 10 years or more, so they are a bit weird when new people show up they do not know and start talking. Very clicky(sp?). It took a while before they talked back to me and part of that was because of a brief invasion around the time of the DVD set announcement. An influx of trolls also showed up at the same time. Most all the newbies gave up as a result and it is just the old timers it seems left. almost all of which have their own BR website dedicated to BR.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Alt.Fan is an old group and the only people still on there have been on there for about 10 years or more, so they are a bit weird when new people show up they do not know and start talking. Very clicky(sp?). It took a while before they talked back to me and part of that was because of a brief invasion around the time of the DVD set announcement. An influx of trolls also showed up at the same time. Most all the newbies gave up as a result and it is just the old timers it seems left. almost all of which have their own BR website dedicated to BR.

Andy

Nice explanation Andy! as ever... Very Happy

But, well, no only trolls are camping in Usenet newsgroups... and the worse part is that newsgroups are a very old tool and nowadays perhaps young people don't know at all... I use them a little, perhaps by the rising of forums, list, blogs an other new technologies more rich. Still remember the very old Goffer services... Razz WoooOOOOowwww....!!! too many years wired!!! Smile

The main matter with newsgroups is: no moderation, better, impossible moderation. This is the worse part of them.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: