FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enero
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helder22 wrote:
That would be great. Please do.

PM me with your details and how you would preferred it to be shipped to you, and I will email him in the morning.
Helder22
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enero,
A member here from Japan who has offered to help me out with this issue so it seems we might not need to bother your friend with this after all. Ill keep everyone posted.

Helder
enero
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helder22 wrote:
Enero,
A member here from Japan who has offered to help me out with this issue so it seems we might not need to bother your friend with this after all. Ill keep everyone posted.

Helder

ok, no problem, let me know if you do. Good luck!
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Get the seller to check Japan's official laws on exporting replica guns. It may well be legal to send a replica gun to the USA. Could be that EMS shippers have the jitters on this and/or they have their own policy on guns which may be at odds with Japan's export laws.
Ask the seller to try another carrier like Fedex etc. Don't call it just a toy on the declaration. Say... fake gun, replica gun... non-firing for display/collector grade etc. etc.
Good luck with this.

PS .... In 2009 I tried to post a '2009 edition' CS&T Coyle Metal Worldcon blaster with holster & gun-case (I sold it for about US$2300). I sent it via Australia post using EMS express mail to USA. A few days later, Australia post phoned me and told me to pick up the parcel, that they do not ship guns. That was their own policy. I checked with Australian Customs and they said there are no controls in shipping 'replica guns' out of Australia (OK to export), only restricted & controlled when importing them to Australia. Anyway, I did not give up. EMS -AustPost would not budge.

Other carriers... let me see.....I tried UPS. They said yes they will post the gun to USA for me, then they sounded a bit hesitant, but they were expensive. I then tried DHL. They processed the parcel, no worries.... then a few days later they sent the parcel back to me saying they changed their mind on it...did not wish to send a gun overseas to the USA, their policy even though Australian customs has no problem with it going off shore. Bunch of clowns...they even went through the contents of the parcel...messing it up a bit, they weren't allowed to do this. Far out brussel sprout....How annoying for me.... back to the drawing board, still I have the gun in hand... the buyer was unaware what was going on as it was still only about 5 days since auction ended. I did not inform the buyer yet of anything until I tried all avenues first. Anyway I tried Fedex. No worries... they took the parcel with declaration ...fake gun, replica, hi quality for display etc.

So FedEx was the third carrier and off the gun went. About two days later Fedex tells me the gun is still in Australia somewhere but it has gone missing in another port city during the customs check hold etc. .... Yikes!... gone missing...?.... I contacted Fedex and told them to do a thorough search for the parcel (I gave them a detailed description of what the parcel looked like including the color of the fragile stickers aound it). Well... by this time I told the buyer the gun has gone missing and Fedex were looking for it. Fedex were talking about claiming insurance procedure (it was insured).... I said no way... keep looking for it. The parcel was located three days later in the fedex storage/hold facility near the Sydney airport..... Cool..... Off it went to the USA.
Phew... what a head-ache and a relief.... but it was worth pushing the carriers and FedEx and finding out the Customs laws. Also, two weeks after the gun landed in the USA, FedEx sent me a check in the mail, was a full refund (US$270) of the shipping fees. Gee that was pretty cool of them... I didn't even even ask for a refund.
Anyway sorry to rabble on about my experience.... hope yours works out.

Helder22
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm sure they will come in very handy. It's good to know Fedex will ship the blasters.
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: a very exciting delivery of my own Reply with quote

Thanks to a very kind and patient Japanese member of our community (you know who you are and THANKYOU!!) i have tomenosuke pro heading my way as we speak.

It was purchased on the 26th (that queue was crazy!) and since then it has been carefully dismantled and packaged in three seperate parcels, then sent via EMS (which i am currently tracking as we speak).

I plan to replace the barrel with a machined steel barrel, the bulldog frame with one of Rich's, and all the bulldog greeblies with real parts ordered from Charter Arms (i was astounded to find this was possible- but it really is! Aside from the frame and barrel, for which a permit is needed.) these parts include the Cylinder assembly ( which will need some modification) and release switch amongst other parts.

I refrained from having the fake bullets included in the packages as i'm sure that would not pass customs, however buying deactivated 44 rounds from a dealer in the UK is TOTALLY LEGAL even without a permit. So problem solved.

i do need to find some real s&w triggers to adapt tho if anyone can help?

when they arrive i will post images of the parts and the reassembly, then finally the replacement of parts with real steel and metal parts. As many good detailed pics as i can manage

this has been the most exciting Christmas for a long time Smile

I have my RAC props 2010 weathered buildup as my ultimate aged and cherished blaster and now the Tomenosuke with steel hybrid will be my ultimate shiny "box fresh" blaster. m-mmm Very Happy

THANK YOU once again to my friend in Tokyo!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! Of course, as you mentioned, pics needed to see the various add-ons and mods...can hardly wait.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! Of course, as you mentioned, pics needed to see the various add-ons and mods...can hardly wait.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looking forward to this. Cool
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Japanese blog with PRO pics.

—¯ƒuƒ‰PRO | jun2‚̃tƒBƒMƒƒì»“ú‹L

And this blog shows comparison shots with the PRO next to the OG (original Tomenosuke)

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/memocomomoco/34056000.html
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: The eagle has landed! Reply with quote

All three boxes are in the country at the sorting office and should be in my possession by the weekend with any luck ( just in time for my birthday, how perfect!). I will try and post pictures as soon as I have them. Very excited! Smile
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, phase pistol. Both remarkable re-creations.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
Another Japanese blog with PRO pics.

—¯ƒuƒ‰PRO | jun2‚̃tƒBƒMƒƒì»“ú‹L

And this blog shows comparison shots with the PRO next to the OG (original Tomenosuke)

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/memocomomoco/34056000.html

I think I'm turning Japanese. It is great to see other obessesed fans out there.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Karl...it's a beauty!
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear this may be bad news someone needs to traslate this correctly:

I got this from a friend in Japan:

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/i17/

"OG BLASTER which tomenosuke released before PRO BLASTER caught the appointment of the imitation handgun formally by the police.

It looks like tomenosuke caught the house investigation by the police.

The situation is very severe. "

Rich
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was some sort of incident where they were "turned in" by somebody and there was an investigation a year ago... there's another post about it here

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/11832254/

Apparently some kind of technical violation of the "replica gun" code over in Japan?

Karl
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this "rumour management" of the incident that happened 12/9/09?

Translating a bit at a time, it seems there were searches and investigations, materials testing etc of the OG version.

Are they referencing those incidences relative to the PRO version?

Seems like a long and involved story, but it happened a year ago, like Karl said.

Do we have any idea if this will affect release of the second production run of the PRO?
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it has any impact for the PRO, since that version has been approved by the Safety Toy Gun Association and carries their "STGA" mark (it's stamped on the Bulldog grip at the bottom).

This post seems to be offering replacement barrels for those with the OG and AP versions which were released in 2008 and 2009. But somebody who can read Japanese will be able to further clarify.

Karl
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
I doubt it has any impact for the PRO, since that version has been approved by the Safety Toy Gun Association and carries their "STGA" mark (it's stamped on the Bulldog grip at the bottom).

That's what I thought. Thanks for your assessment.

Quote:
This post seems to be offering replacement barrels for those with the OG and AP versions which were released in 2008 and 2009. But somebody who can read Japanese will be able to further clarify.

Karl

That also what I derived from it.

Fingers crossed for the next run of the PRO.

Keeping an ear to the ground for news.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked as my customer is concerned about getting any model and getting himself in trouble for buying one.

So I too am watching for follow up.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 15 of 30

Jump to: