FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Serial Number On Worldcon Hero Prop?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Serial Number On Worldcon Hero Prop? Reply with quote

Hello,

My next quest for a custom add on to a already being built metal replica kit is the little serial number as seen on the Worldcon hero prop. I am posting two photos,

1) Shows the first four digits. The last digit, the fourth in the photo is a "4".
2) Next photo begins to show a fifth digit after the "4", i can only guess at what it is, yet gueesing is not knowing for sure.

Any help or another photo that is being missed would be of great help! Also i would guess that the serial number is only on one side of the heroprop not both sides?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by panzerrune on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Second Photo. Reply with quote

Second photo.

Thanks again!

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that is another #? I always thought the complete# was 6084. What are Bulldog serial #s usually from then?

Andy
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every bulldog I've ever seen in person has a 6 digit serial # on it. Including a few vintage ones.

I've always taken note of this, because the number is stamped in such an obvious place.

I've seen a few NIB versions on the web with 5 digits, and also 7 digits, or what looked like 7 digits, it's hard to tell online some times.

I suppose that means we can't rule out a 4 digit serial #, and can't confirm it.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at all the pictures from Karl's set, and in all the different shots even from different angles it doesn't seem like there is any more # there. Of course it seems right at the very edge and does not seem to continue past the grips. The problem is exacerbated by the lens effect of the clear grips.

The only guess I can give is from the second shot is a #3,8, or 2. I suppose it could be a partial # as well, not fully stamped in.

Andy
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Serial Number On. Reply with quote

I cut in vinyl with the plotter at work as small as i could possibly get the numbers and still be able to work with them to adjust and lay them onto the BD frame. Engraving was not a option as i would have to dismantle part of the gun and it would be somewhat spendy, PLUS if the engraver messes up it would be permanent!

I used a somewhat flat/dull silver vinyl and did a guess as to what the number after the first four digits was, which i guessed a "8". If i need to move or adjust the serial number or change anything, the vinyl will lift off with the tip of a x-acto blade. I layed transfer tape onto the BD frame so i had a reference line. With the x-acto blade i layed each number separately in place. With the amber grip back on, i am very pleased with how it came out. Those grips do wonders at hiding any flaws or such. The numbers do have a engraved appearance while looking through the grip. I off centered the serial number enough to where it "warps" the last digit as it does on the WC heroprop photos.

I also got the "kidney shaped" hole behind the finger grooves on the outer grip frame that Andy said needed to be filled and painted done. I also mimicked best i could the glued on chip/crack on the opposite side grip at the top corner. I will get those photos posted once i get the camera back.

Thanks.

clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hole shouldn't be in the outer grip frame? Really?
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number appears to be 60848

phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine you're not talking about the hole in the back of the frame, which is quite definitely there.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are talking about the kidney shaped cut out of the front part of the external gripframe on the Sidkit (probably for weight). From these two pics of Karl's, it does not look like it is there....

Karl, the one showing the last serial number I can not find from my selection of the download. Either that or I am blind Wink. Thank you again for sharing these pictures, we really can not thank you enough.

It also looks like the eight is the last number in the serial number for sure. I wonder if the current version of charter arms would still have info on the company from the 70's and before? The company is a whole new company than it was before, and may not have all records of the old company, unless they had a code built in. It is worth a shot to call for sure. I say leave no stone left unturned.

Andy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Japanese managed to get the number right.

The closeup was pulled from this shot.

- k
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I am blind, I have that shot. The 8 becomes pretty clear when it is zoomed in.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzerrune, you did a great job!...and yes it's an 8.
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
The serial number appears to be 60848

Thanks so much for posting the photo. I missed that one entirely! Now i know for sure my guess was correct, it is truly an "8"!
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I think they are talking about the kidney shaped cut out of the front part of the external gripframe on the Sidkit (probably for weight). From these two pics of Karl's, it does not look like it is there....

Andy

Thanks for posting the photos! I am happy i filled in the "kidney hole". Wink
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Panzerrune, you did a great job!...and yes it's an 8.

Thanks! Smile
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. More I have to do. I don't suppose you'd make some serial numbers for us less technically inclined??
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clutch wrote:
Crap. More I have to do. I don't suppose you'd make some serial numbers for us less technically inclined??

I can cut them in vinyl as i have them saved and sized in the computer. The numbers are so very small, any smaller and the plotter cuts them up. They are so small that it is like doing micro surgery removing the insides of the numbers to prep them for applying to the BD frame. I used an x-acto blade on everything.

If anyone is interested i can cut a pair (two complete serial numbers) for $10 shipped. I will have them ready to apply. All one will need to do is lift them off the wax paper backing and lay them on the BD frame. I will also give a small piece of transfer tape to lay on the BD frame so one has a reference for a straight line (as seen in my posted photo). I will give two five digit serial numbers in case a number is lost when the individual is applying one.

If interested please PM me.

Thanks.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and emailed Charter Arms to ask if they can ID the pistol based on that serial number. I'll report back if they reply.

- k
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
I went ahead and emailed Charter Arms to ask if they can ID the pistol based on that serial number. I'll report back if they reply.

- k

That is great! Thanks!

I know from working with Glock that one can go online and type in the serial number that is on the frame and it gives you the production date down to the exact month within any given year. Glock going back to at least 1987, that is pretty good organization!

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: