FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Spinner Floor windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djrees56
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Spinner Floor windows Reply with quote

Hello. I'm new to this page and I'm having a great time exploring all these topics about my favorite film.I'm discovering a lot of things I didn't know about the film and some creative stuff that should or could have been in the film(e.g stylized weapons etc..).
Awhile back I purchased the original floor windows that where used in the Spinner police car.It went in for a restoration a few years back.The windows went to The Prop Shop of London(who I purchased them from).The windows are damaged cause it fell off a truck in the early 90's on its way to a film site.Its been used in several different films since Blade Runner(Back to the Future part 2...parked in the town square painted black.. and it was in Marty McFly's driveway painted yellow).
Why did I buy them?? Well,Blade Runner props with any screen time are very hard to come by.The guys at The Prop Store of London assured me that these where the ones used in the lift-off scene.So I figured if I'm ever gonna get a piece of the Spinner,this would be it.
The original(refurbished)spinner is owned by a restaurant owner in Japan.He has it hanging from a ceiling(according to the Bladezone site).
Heres a few pics of them,and where there displayed on top of my kitchen cupboards.The Tyrell building panels are standing in front of them(please see my other post...Tyrell Building panels).Hopefully Nexus 6 will come to the rescue with posting them..."I need the old Nexus..I need your magic, pal",as Bryant would say.

[/img]

edited to embed your photos. dk0667
Mr Hyde
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now that's cool!!! Very nice effect to have them backlit, too!

By the way - Leia's robe is pretty sheer - nice gams!

I also like your Beatles Yellow Submarine figure - even though it's off-topic, care to post a close-up? They showed A Hard Day's Night on cable earlier this week - always heard of it, never seen it, so I DVRed it and wow, what a time warp it was to watch it... My parents were still dating in 1964, lol!!! Cool

Thanks!
djrees56
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Yellow Submarine Reply with quote

Here ya go buddy!!There sculpted by an artist named Andrea Workman.There distributed by a company called Gartlan U.S.A.This is number "230" of "1,968".
Mr Hyde
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy, baby!!!

Very Happy Man, how they looked different in the 70's (psychedelic) compared to 60's (beatnik) …

Now back to Blade Runner, lol!
djrees56
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding!! I appologize for this brief disruption in programing...now back to more Blade Runner.
Gee Dub
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yes those panels are from the flying spinner. Jay Ohrberg bought the Spinner as we know after it fell off the flat bed.. Jay fiberglassed the bits back together and painted it blue and it went on tour till it was offered for sale at profiles in history. Bryan Ebenhoch and I did an article on the spinner at Profiles.. Paul Allen won the Spinner for the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame. It was then trucked to Gene Winfiled's shop in the Mojave and Syd Mead , Bryan and I did another article on the resortation of the spinner. It indeed hangs on display but in the sci-fi museum..

As far as I know the Japanese spinner that was in an auction there is still MIA I would really like to know where the only missing spinner is located in Japan.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary for the additional info
Gee Dub
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping I crafted the blog so I didn't sound like a know it all... I AM so looking forward to the day SOMEONE finds the Japanese spinner and we can shout about it on Prop Summit and BladeZone. All my best to all the readers of Prop Summit!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with you on that one...no news doesn't mean bad news concerning the Japanese Spinner, but as the years go by the mystery deepens Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Studio Scale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: