FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
You gotta be kidding me??

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: You gotta be kidding me?? Reply with quote

Blade Runner sketchbook on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-1982-BLADE-RUNNER-SKETCHBOOK-FIRST-EDITION_W0QQitemZ300263892205QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300263892205&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A3|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

now I paid £70 for mine which is in good condition, but surely £350 is just a wee bit overpriced? If anyone here disagrees than I guess it's my lucky day! Smile
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

£350. Lol
Finbladerunner
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same seller has The Illustrated Blade Runner for £120. I had the same book on my hands some 2-3 weeks ago, as local antiquarian asked 100 euros. Mint condition. Didn't know it's that valuable book and passed the offer.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the ones on ABE for over $300, that are still on their years later. Most of the Ebay ones sell for between $75 and $200. I guess the dealers that list them that high are counting on the person that is not patient enough to get one on Ebay.

It took me several years to get one for a price that felt good to me. The one thing that I noticed after getting it was that there weren't too many surprises in it. Much of the stuff has been posted online in the past. It is a pretty rare book as is it's companion the "Blade Runner Illustrated" book, but the value seems to be overrated none the less, especially since the Sketchbook can now be downloaded as a torrent.

Also remember that the print run of these was still in the thousands, and unless they were destroyed, there is a stockpile somewhere. I am still waiting for a new "Art Of.." book to come out. That is something I would not have a problem paying over $100 for.

Andy
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a nice book, but as you said there's not much other than what is already published on the net. so I'd be a bit disapointed after shelling out $650 for it

I've been meaning to get the illustrated book for a while. do you know if this has been digitized and made available online?
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy was a lucky shot. A newbie ebayer sold out brother's collection. Intersting travel of the book was.... From US to Singapore to Spain... byt error! More than 7 weeks to arrive, but well.

Price? Price was low for what is currently for this book. Around $75 or $100, I don't remember. Previous copies were sold for 200, 250, 300, 450.... I cannot pay such amount for a book like this (thousands published? we must wait for one....). The $650 "offer" quoted is absolutely out of order. Like many other last months. Braun 50 anniversary book, for example. $AU 85, when Amazon.de sell it brand new for 18€. And so on...

The collector eye must train everyday and have patience enough to avoid money losing.

I remember my first copy of Blade Runner Official Magazine. I payed around $65. Now, I have 4 copies... the last three costs around $15 e/o. Well... now my 4 copies are $35 value e/o....!!!! Very Happy

Illustrated BR is also a great book. Not difficult to get a copy for aroun $50 - $75. And the end of "trilogy" from Dolphin, the Portfolio, is also easy to get one for $25 more or less.

Will be interesting to have a Reference List to check it from time to time, to know the "correct" prices of these continuosly "rarities" offered at eBay.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: