FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Blaster Comparison. Add your pics...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CENOBITE
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm finally piecing together the info. Richard Coyle is the master who made the model CS&T Worldcon. Apparently there are only 1,000 made (from looking at the plaq in the photo). I found one for $1,599 on Ebay... are they usually so expensive?

Yah, I finally found the Monsters in Motion M2019 Blaster that looks to be readily available for $200. (and the same gun a bit more expensive at Steelhawk).

Question: *Is it worth it?

Question : * Which one is the M2019 on the first post of this thread or is it not shown? EDIT: It's the MIM, correct?

( I also found in my lookings... Steelhawk guns making a working bbgun version of the Monsters in Moton gun. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/articles/editorial/october04.htm )

It's too bad there isnt a STICKY thread listing all the different versions, specifics of the different guns and their price/availability to keep all this hunting in one convenient spot to help spare you guys questions and us newbs all this searching! I'm piecing it together slooooly but surely. I'd love to see a SID updated kit, but reading elsewhere looks like it's not happening now due to, well, heck if I know.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one they are talking about is the old resin kit from MiM that is no longer available. The supposed "Airsoft" version is the new MiM Offworld gun that is non-firing if you follow the link.

The only Airsoft version I know of is the Hartford from Japan. That is what the MiM kits and guns are based on. These are also no longer available and when found on eBay they often fetch around a grand.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted this over on the rpf, but I'll share a little more here.

Conety Kato let me know that the snubby versions of the blaster will be available soon. and all the versions, full or snubby, pfc or airsoft, will be sold in the USA this time. I don't know who the distributors are just yet though, but I'll know soon, and prices too.

I'm getting my new snubby in a few weeks, and will post a full review, and also include a detailed review of the full size as well.

TEASER: I'll be creating some live action advertisements for the blasters. Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahooo Very Happy
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!....Now I'll have more blasters to buy. Very Happy
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Just posted this over on the rpf, but I'll share a little more here.

Conety Kato let me know that the snubby versions of the blaster will be available soon. and all the versions, full or snubby, pfc or airsoft, will be sold in the USA this time. I don't know who the distributors are just yet though, but I'll know soon, and prices too.

I'm getting my new snubby in a few weeks, and will post a full review, and also include a detailed review of the full size as well.

TEASER: I'll be creating some live action advertisements for the blasters. Smile

Whoa... I guess I'll wait to buy mine until these come out to check them out.

Is this 100% certain then?
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 100% certain as far as I know, yes.

I don't know the street date yet.
Blade Runner IV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I love IGNITERS' blaster. Very nice job.

I've bought myself an Offworld, it's my first blaster.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Coyle here:

Yes the plaque is numbered to 1000, I have not made hardly any so far so lots of head room, I don't think I will ever get there.

Still getting them all figured out and in production.

The ones on ebay are the sound and light model of a couple of years ago.

Please email me at racprops@cox.net for more info.

Rich

CENOBITE wrote:
Ok, I'm finally piecing together the info. Richard Coyle is the master who made the model CS&T Worldcon. Apparently there are only 1,000 made (from looking at the plaq in the photo). I found one for $1,599 on Ebay... are they usually so expensive?

Yah, I finally found the Monsters in Motion M2019 Blaster that looks to be readily available for $200. (and the same gun a bit more expensive at Steelhawk).

Question: *Is it worth it?

Question : * Which one is the M2019 on the first post of this thread or is it not shown? EDIT: It's the MIM, correct?

( I also found in my lookings... Steelhawk guns making a working bbgun version of the Monsters in Moton gun. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/articles/editorial/october04.htm )

It's too bad there isnt a STICKY thread listing all the different versions, specifics of the different guns and their price/availability to keep all this hunting in one convenient spot to help spare you guys questions and us newbs all this searching! I'm piecing it together slooooly but surely. I'd love to see a SID updated kit, but reading elsewhere looks like it's not happening now due to, well, heck if I know.

Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Kato got back to me today folks. This is the photo he sent me.

My snubby is in transit, the moment I have it I will post my own pictures and review of it, along with my review of the fullsize blasters.

Snubby: $500
Fullsize: $540

Shipping for these in the US, barring any distribution complications is projected for April.

Working on the distro now (you might be able to get them directly from me) and I'm also trying to get an "early bird special" kind of pricing setup.

There is a language barrier, though I have resolved to learn Japanese! It's language I've always wanted to learn, why not now?

More soon!
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they make any changes to the full size?The price is also closer than I would have thought between versions,only $40.00.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the look of that Snubby!
Me want...
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got the snubby in finally, and yeah, it's badass. It's different than the prototype pictured above in only a few small ways.

I am about to begin taking pics of this sucker, and will post them up post haste once I'm done.

I'll be doing a full review short of firing it, and I'll create a new thread for that.

I'll do a firing report later on in the thread.

I'll say this much now. It's more of a "compact" model than a true snubby. It's still pretty damn big.

Njc------------
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your write-up...
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland, if only I could see what you've seen... with your eyes. Shocked
moogybaby
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few of mine.

Ham Salad
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
OK, Kato got back to me today folks. This is the photo he sent me.

More soon!

Is there something special about this model, is it all metal or an airsoft or something?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes both Airsoft and Cap firing versions.
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: My SidKit Reply with quote

I picked up from the Post Office on Tuesday the the all metal version of the SidKit "Blaster" that I just purchased on eBay and I just finished putting it together last night (Thursday.) I still have a little bit of minor cleanup to do, and a few tweaks I want to make, but here's a couple of screenshots of the finished product. Unfortunately they are not the greatest, as my indoor lighting sucks, taking pics with direct flash sucks too, and when I tried taking pics outdoors with natural lighting it had started to snow so I didn't stay out very long... can you believe it, snow and it's almost April? I'm up in WA state near the Idaho border, and we've had snow the past few days... it would snow, then all melt off by the afternoon/early evening...but tonight it's supposed to snow all night long! Anyway, I digress... here's the pics:

No flash:

With flash:

With flash - a bit better detail on the contrast between the barrel/frame color and the cylinder housing & ammo clip.

First off, this is the first type of kit I've ever put together like this. I used to build models a lot when I was a kid, but I haven't put together a kit in YEARS... so don't be too critical! Very Happy

After looking at all of Igniters' pics, I was thinking of trying to go for the authentic look of the "WorldCon" version, but then I thought I might be biting off more than I could chew... but I still wanted to put together a replica that looked real.

So here's how I achieved the look that I did... and I hope that you guys think that it looks pretty realistic....it's natural patina actually. I decided that on the barrel, bolt and frame assembly to try for something other than the 'all black spray paint' look. A lot of the pics I've seen of the finished SidKit are either the plain silver-grey of the bare metal, or a black finish with contrasting chrome polish...which to me just doesn't look very realistic. What I did instead was to oxidize the barrel, bolt and gun frame. I didn't use gun blue, special paints or any sort of exotic chemicals. Since the SidKit appeared to be cast from pewter it was a realtively simple matter to oxidize it... all you need is a bottle of Ferric Chloride. Ok, I know what you're thinking... didn't he just say he didn't use any exotic chemicals? Well, Ferric Chloride is better know as PCB (Printed Circuit Board) etchant and is available from your local Radio Shack for $4.49. It's normally used to create homemade circuit boards, but works great to acid etch copper, brass, bronze as well as tin (the primary ingredient of pewter) and zinc.

After cleaning all the gun pieces (I just ran them through my dishwasher) I buffed them using a brass wire wheel on my Dremel tool (OK... actually it was a cheap Chicago Rotary Tool I bought at Harbor Freight for like $10.00 because I loaned my real Dremel tool with the flex cable to my mom and she stripped out the threads on it. Evil or Very Mad ) The brass wire wheel does a great job on not only cleaning the metal, but giving it a nice subtle texture without damaging fine details. After the brushing, I simply dipped each peice in the ferric chloride for about 10-20 seconds, then rinsed it with water. It turns the parts instantly black, but after a bit of polishing with a soft cloth you end up with a finish that is a dark silvery-grey/light brown/bronze finish. My pictures don't do it justice and it doesn't look as dark as it does in the pics. After assembly all I then did was to apply a bit of gun oil and buff the parts a bit more... so not only does it look like a real weapon, it smells like one too. Smile

One of the interesting side-effects of this technique is that due to the irregularities of cast metal is that you get a "weathered" effect... it is not a uniform finish, which I think just adds to the realism of the peice as it looks like normal wear and tear, rust, etc. Also, another benefit is that if you scratch the finish it is easily fixed... just rub the scratch with a Q-tip dipped in the solution, rinse with water and buff it... no need to tear down, sand or strip coatings/paint. And if you don't like the look of the finish, all you have to do is lightly sand it or brush it again with a brass wire wheel to remove it.

For the cylinder covers and ammo clip I obviously used black spray paint... I first painted the parts (again after buffing with the wire wheel) with black automotive primer, and then semi-flat black enamel. And I discovered that even using a primer designed for metal, that's supposed to bond to even rust and oxide, it doesn't like to stick to pewter! You can see in the pics scratches in the paint just from fitting the parts together for the final assembly... it's not that big of a deal to me however, as I've been thinking of roughing up the painted sections with some fine steel wool just to give it a bit more of a well-used looked.

For the rest of the parts I just polished them and left them that way. This included the grip frame (I wanted the parts under the grips to still look "new"... they wouldn't be subject to as much oxidation), the triggers and trigger guard, grip butt plate, all interior parts (hammer, cylinder pivot, etc.) and exterior buttons. I did this mainly for contrast... as I think an all totally black & grey weapon would look pretty boring... besides, if I change my mind all I have to do is get out the PCB etchant and some Q-tips. Wink

So overall am I pretty pleased with the way the gun turned out. There are a few minor issues with the kit I have to work out (the cylinder doesn't spin as freely as it should...just need to do some more sanding I think, but it also isn't quite centered in the cover - have to do some more tweaking there; the hammer sticks on the cylinder release button... just have to sand it down a bit, etc.) The only thing I'm not really happy with is the knob on the right-hand side cylinder cover which you can see in the photos... when I glued it to the cover, it looked like it was lined up with it OK, but when the cover to attached to the rest of the gun, you can easily see it is not parallel to the barrel... it looks bent down. Guess I'll just have to chalk it up to heavy use and handling... parts get bent and abused on real guns, don't they? Laughing

One final note; I did do a small amount of modification to the gun; on the bottom of the ammo clip I drilled out a 1/4" hole to mount a 5mm LED as seen in the hero version... I used a snap-in panel mount LED holder from Radio Shack to hold the LED. I am planning on adding the green LED's to the ends of the 'rod' (precision screwdriver ) on the left-hand cylinder as well... I just figured I would be better off getting the whole thing together and looking mostly like I wanted it to before I mucked it up with too many custom modifications.

Anyway, sorry for this post turning out so long but I thought I'd give you guys as much info as I could as to what I did and why I did it with my particular build. I am seriously thinking of buying another kit when Siderio comes out with the World Con edition and trying my hand at what Igniters did... that is an awesome peice of work!! I hope you liked what I did with my first effort!
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: