FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
PKD-1 Rick Ross kit. Unbuilt. Any Metal Parts Available ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: PKD-1 Rick Ross kit. Unbuilt. Any Metal Parts Available ?? Reply with quote

Hi.

This is my first BR blaster in my hand. About to start building it.
PKD-1 1997 ,unbuilt in box. Looks pretty cool. Very Happy
Would not mind some metal triggers and metal trigger guard, butt plate etc. Anyone know where I can purchase metal parts that fit the PKD-1
I am not much of a model builder, but I thought the only way to get one into Australia was to buy a plastic kit.
The metal/plastic Off-World blaster I bought a few years back was seized in customs, due to tight gun laws here. (I was allowed as an option to have the gun provided a gunsmith certified it and welded/glued it as required. Evil or Very Mad Sad I decided not to pursue that option...In hindsight, maybe I should have paid the extra $US150 Shocked to get it certified, but I was pretty cheesed off after 3 months of mucking around with the customs/police over just a "fake gun"....oh well doesn't matter)

Anyway I now have this cool PKD-1 to build. Any metal anyone can point me somewhere metallic? Triggers mainly, if possible...the rest plastic OK.

Cheers.
cratercritter

Last edited by cratercritter on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome CraterCritter! Always glad to have new members joining this great group of people I'm sure a lot of people here can guide you toward acquiring metal pieces for your PKD. Good luck on your build and send us pics soon.
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm not much of a model builder...but I will try.
Prefer some metal parts....not too many. The PKD-1 kit is pretty good as is.....wouldn't mind some metal triggers though. May try to cut some out of brass or aluminium, if I can't find some already made.
If Australian customs/police laws weren't so silly (and...they make up the flimsy rules as they go)...I would likely buy a completed metal BRBlaster.
Cheers
Confused Very Happy Wink
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Cratercritter Smile
Like Joberg said, i'm sure someone will be able to help you and answer your questions. Smile
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to propsummit.

I don't know of anyone making aftermarket parts for Rick's kits, but some folks have certainly made parts for themselves.

I have cut my own triggers and bent my own guard for these blasters too, with aluminum for one, and copper for a steampunk blaster.

You may want to try airsoft triggers. You can pick up a cheapo airsoft for $5. I've used them many times for triggers.

But for the guard, you really do have to cut it and bend it yourself.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome cratercritter.

I have a few of Rick's original metal parts, but unfortunately no extras. I don't think he is planning on making any more either. I have actually looked at toy guns for metal parts and some do have the metal triggers made of pot metal, but they tend to be pretty small. Real gun triggers are a bit too big, and I am sure even harder to come by in Australia.

Cutting down pipe to make a barrel is also pretty easy, as well as bending some aluminium strip for the guard. The best thing to do would find someone who makes pewter miniatures and get them to cast up some of the detail parts in pewter for you. Rick has given permission for those that wish to do that for themselves without problem.

I wish I could help you more. Good luck with your build, I hope you post some progress pics here as you go along.

Andy
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...Thanks you guys for the hints.
megamicrofish
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will a Coyle trigger set fit ?
If so I'm sure Rich could sort you out a spare set
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coyle triggers could fit if you cut out a bit of the inside of the gun, and moved the pin holes. They are also just a bit narrow. But, Rich had stated he only orders enough metal parts to make guns he has orders for. He would need a bunch of people to make up enough of a list to get an order together.

Andy
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your assistance Blade Runners ..... yep I will do that.
Will chaseup metal triggers through modellers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: