FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
MIM blaster is in stock!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFair assessment.

I also find the fact that one has to remove the Steyr clip, switch on the LEDs, and replace clip almost a non-functional feature. I always felt flicking a switch on my blasters and watching the LEDs kick in was like charging the blaster up. Smile
jhyphen
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of beauty shots of my MiM:

http://www.jhyphen.com/collection/view_details.asp?id=20000136
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a little bit of work this could become a nice gun. It is fine for those who don't want to do their own build too. I do like the fact that it comes completely apart so you can paint individual parts easily. I will post a full teardown parts photo soon. I only wish it had more metal and a better paint job. The other stuff I can live with.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get sick of seeing pictures of a good blade runner collection!!

I have to admit that I too HATE that glossy paint job. It's off putting, and it looks like it messes with the stamped copy too, but that could be a trick of the light.

One of my favorite things about the hartford models is that they are not painted. They are done in black plastic, silver plastic, orange plastic, the bolt is metal, the bolt handle is metal, all the stuff that Andy wants to be metal pretty much is, the trigger guard and grip frame is metal and it looks and feels terriffic.

I know if I ever buy one of these (and I'm likely too) I will be modifiying the crap out of it. Mind you I am rebuilding a coyle right now, and repainting two of my solid resin models, no 3 of them, sorry, so I've got plenty to do, and no money right now anyway!!

But keep the pictures coming! And John thanks for the link on the pistol stand. COOL.
jhyphen
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those stands are surprisingly versatile, albeit not perfect for every situation. Regarding the lighting in my pictures, I can tell you that it pretty much recreates what the pistol looks like in natural daylight on a clear day....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anybody is working on this gun I have a few extra 2.5 mm allen head screw drivers...yes screw divers, not wrenches. They have a traditional screw driver grip that makes them much easier to use then the wrenches. They fit most of the basic cap screws on the gun. I don't think I am going to sell them. would rather trade for small things or a really good post with pics on this board. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the disassembled gun myself. I keep getting distracted with other stuff. I will have to do it this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: