FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Pics of Hero Spinner Studio model
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but not sure if it was completely intentional. You can tell by quite a few of the costumes and the sets when you see them in the behind the scenes docs lit by the sun, that they are all very colorful. Ridley was going for a bright colorful Moebeus comic looking film, but the darker cinematography and lighting subdued all the colors. I find it ironic that so many films that people say are inspired by the look of BR are filmed in a monochromatic hue.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film Noir Andy I mean if you want to film a "black and white" movie, your choice of colours (costumes, props, sets, etc) will be difficult to achieve since now a red=grey...green=darker shade of grey, etc.
You're right when you said that most of the colours in BR were bright (under natural lights) but, as you know, every director wants to have total control over his set, including the weather, the lighting, etc There's so many looks in BR: the set at Tyrell's: gold/sepia, the streets, raw blue/dark, Deck's apt: sepia/gold/blue/dark, Sebastian: dark/dark blue/gold, etc...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons I like the remastered Directors Cut is that it seems brighter to a degree. Just enough to see things you don't normally notice when watching it otherwise. Ridley said he darkened down the the Final Cut because he wanted it to much what people were used to from the VHS tapes. Even still the subtle dark colors add to the richness of the movie and make it so much more watchable after the 100th time than say a Minority Report or other more monochromatic "noir" film. Those later films seem almost too arty for me. Even though BR is set in a fantastic world, it still seems very real, rather than just stylish.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Studio Scale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: