FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Need help with a Sidkit question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Need help with a Sidkit question. Reply with quote

I scored 3/4's of a Sidkit for 75 dollars.
See here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150377898761&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

And yes I was as Shocked as you! LOL! Im glad I actually had enuff siting in my paypal account.
Weeks earlier I scored this.
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/141056000/141056963/pix1309076468.jpg

So My big Issue is the barrel to the PKD and what the hammer looks like on the Sidkit so I can cut the bulldog hammer to match. BUT thats not why Im posting this. My question is the sidkit I won is a 2006. So the ammo clip is held in with a screw. I was thinking of filling the whole with some metal. However whats keeping the clip in on the sidkit worldcon version? And is it possible to mod the 2006 to work the same way as the worldcon? I also hope beastmaster still posts around here because what he did with his 2006 is AMAZING!!!! and I would love to pick his brain!
Thanks for letting me ramble.

P.S. You guys have no clue how happy I was to be able to score this kit. I actually jumped up and down. Alot of POO has hit my life as of late and this was shining moment, because I thought I would never be able to get one of these. Ever!
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's to less POO and more proppin'. Mr. Green
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with a Sidkit question. Reply with quote

LOL.. Damn, but it looks like you scored the luck with your various bits and pieces. $75 for the Sid parts is simply a steal!

As for the POO.....? May the light continue to shine instead!

A quick thought on the magazine.. Since the real magazine is actually plastic, have you thought of contacting Michele for one of the resin worldcon mags? I'm not sure how different the 2006 and the WorldCon mags are in size, but I'm sure it would be a lot easier modifying the WorldCon to fit (and it closes) instead of splicing metal and trying to get the old 2006 one to close another way..

Let us know how you get on. It sounds like an exciting project!

ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had figured I would have to get both the clip and housing if I was going to do that. With money being tight right now I was going to see if some modding and melting metal could fit the bill. Im also going to need to get the measurements of a correct length barrel (I think the sidkit was a pinch short) and try to get someone to turn me one on a lathe or some thing? Also if someone has an unbuilt kit if they could snap a quick picture of the hammer for me that would be awesome.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironfist wrote:
I had figured I would have to get both the clip and housing if I was going to do that. With money being tight right now I was going to see if some modding and melting metal could fit the bill. Im also going to need to get the measurements of a correct length barrel (I think the sidkit was a pinch short) and try to get someone to turn me one on a lathe or some thing? Also if someone has an unbuilt kit if they could snap a quick picture of the hammer for me that would be awesome.

The Sid barrel is a bit short. Beast is certainly the best person to speak to in this regard because in my opinion, his build is the quintessential Sidkit replica build - even if it was an upgrade from a 2006 model. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there was someone turning barrels but I'm not sure it was was specifically for a Sid. I don't remember exactly where I read it - maybe Andy's formidable brain storage vault will remember..?

If you don't hear through the boards, maybe PM Beast for his thoughts..
Good luck.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff man! A Sidkit for $75 Shocked See; after the poo, the sunshine is suppose to follow Yes, Beast is the guy for the brain picking part of your build...good luck and many pics to follow.
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my 44 parts showed up. The hammer is already shaved and the trigger has no grooves. But all else looks good.
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? Hello?
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rich is back and has already stepped up to the plate to help me out with parts I am missing!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: