FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Looking for a BR Blaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for a BR Blaster Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a decent blaster they're looking (or be willing) to sell? Unfortunately, I can't break the bank on this, so I'm interested in something nice but affordable. While metal (or partial metal) is always preferable, it can be a resin version, an unfinished kit, something that needs a bit of work, etc. Moving parts and lights would be nice, but are not necessarily required. I'm just looking for something to get started with.

Also, I don't if anyone would be interested, but before I moved into other interests, I was really into Indiana Jones props. If you'd be interested, I could offer/include a handwritten/drawn, hero-style Grail Diary in trade for a blaster. More info available if interested.

Please let me know, via PM or here. Smile

-Charlie

Last edited by Charlie on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Charlie, welcome. You need to know that there really is no middle of the road blaster right now. The off-world blaster is no longer being produced and when one does pop up on ebay it goes from 350 to 600. The Sidkit is no longer being made because the creator died. and unmade kit goes for 400 to 600 on ebay and a complete painted version has hit as much as 850. Rich's blaster I think is going for just over a grand and as much as 1600 on ebay.

here are my suggestions for you.
This looks like a good kit and as soon as he sells one he posts another.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-PKD-Blaster-Prop-Kit-Deckard_W0QQitemZ120487105174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0d975296#ht_500wt_1182

Now there is this one.
http://myworld.ebay.com/cosefx/
this is the partner of Sid from sidkits. He sells a metal and resin version of the kit. He puts one up a month. Some times they go kinda cheap some times they sky rocket. Shipping is from italy so its always high.

Best of luck man. Hope this helps.
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one looks good to at only 60 bucks, but I dont know if you would be able to put in lights or make the trigger move?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-Prop-Blaster-Gun-kit-Resin-Model-movie-gun_W0QQitemZ250521624494QQcategoryZ1193QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D12%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54
Charlie
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. I have done quite a bit of research (ie: lurking) already and saw the kits you showed me. I wasn't sure of how good the unfinished versions were though or if they were recasts. I'm already familiar with Sidkit's work too; at one point, I had a Serenity pistol made by him.

How about one of the older Rick Ross kits? What might they go for? I'm trying to avoid auction sites because I'd rather deal with someone who might be a bit more trustworthy...
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironfist wrote:
this one looks good to at only 60 bucks, but I dont know if you would be able to put in lights or make the trigger move?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-Prop-Blaster-Gun-kit-Resin-Model-movie-gun_W0QQitemZ250521624494QQcategoryZ1193QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D12%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

Trigger guard looks broken in that second pic. As for wiring it, I remember seeing someone who wired a solid stunt cast with leds, but they had to do alot of careful dremel work and some real shoe horning to make it work.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does, but it also says he has 4 of them.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Charlie...yes, you're on the right board for the blasters; good luck in your endeavour
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rich is offering his stunt kits still, they are a good affordable kits, but need a bit more clean up compared to a Rick Ross kit. Ricks Kits usually sell in the $100-$200 range, but are no longer being made.

The offworld was at one time going for around $200, but will occasionally sell for up to 2 or 3 times as much, but usually only a fluke. On average they still can be had at their original price of $250. They need a repaint, and the grip is sized about the same as a vintage coyle, but they make a good usable costuming prop without fear of damage. They are not being made right now, but a lot of them were made and they are still showing up all the time.

There are a lot of guns on ebay and most of them are recasts. As a general rule I stay away from anything made with white or very light colored resin on ebay. Light grey colored is okay though. Not a perfect rule, but it usually means cheap resin and therefore cheap...everything else.

Andy
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Doppleganger Productions (Rick Ross) BR Blaster FS:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73359

If I didn't already own one built by the man himself, this one would already be gone. Wink
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldzey wrote:
Original Doppleganger Productions (Rick Ross) BR Blaster FS:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73359

If I didn't already own one built by the man himself, this one would already be gone. Wink

Quick.
Don't let Andy see that link Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, you're killing me
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its already gone. At least I now know what a real rick ross kit looks like.
Cottonball
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one identify a real Rick Ross kit? I ask because a while back I purchased what I was told is a real RR. But now I wonder.... The kit in today's RPF post is black resin, but mine is white. But it's an incredibly clean casting, so if it's a fake, the recaster did a superb job. Heck, even the box it came in looks legit. Any way to know for sure? Any tells?

Thanks,
Eric
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did them in Black and Grey, and some of the PKD-2's were in *off white/tan. You can often tell Rick's kits because he would fill and sand any bubbles so the builder wouldn't have to. Also his sealed baggies with the small parts in a row, exactly as seen in the RPF post. I am pretty sure this was one of his kits, and since I already have 2 of them it would have to be a bigger steal before I bought another one Very Happy

*Some of his kits sold by Monsters in Motion may have been recast by MiM, and Rick isn't sure how many he made and cast himself that could have been in other resin colors, but since he was working in a studio with other model garage kit makers, he would often use resin that was available. Rick hopefully will be able to be more specific.

Andy
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Double post - edited***

Last edited by oldzey on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Sidkit Worldcon Version done in resin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-Blaster-Worldcon-Movie-Prop-Resin-Kit_W0QQitemZ140356757002QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH?hash=item20adea260a
Cottonball
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
He did them in Black and Grey, and some of the PKD-2's were in *off white/tan. You can often tell Rick's kits because he would fill and sand any bubbles so the builder wouldn't have to. Also his sealed baggies with the small parts in a row, exactly as seen in the RPF post. I am pretty sure this was one of his kits, and since I already have 2 of them it would have to be a bigger steal before I bought another one Very Happy

*Some of his kits sold by Monsters in Motion may have been recast by MiM, and Rick isn't sure how many he made and cast himself that could have been in other resin colors, but since he was working in a studio with other model garage kit makers, he would often use resin that was available. Rick hopefully will be able to be more specific.

Andy

Thanks Andy! Yes, I'd characterize mine as off white/tan. Also, what you've said about RR's pre-filling might explain why a few parts of mine look to have sanded filler. When I get a chance I'll take a couple quick pics to share.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: