FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
WTB (desperate!) B.B. World airsoft "Vektor CP-1&am

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTranc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: WTB (desperate!) B.B. World airsoft "Vektor CP-1&am Reply with quote

Dearest gentlemen,

My name is PIERANGELO TENDAS, and I am writing you from Italy. I am a contributor for the Italian gun magazine ARMI E MUNIZIONI (www.armimunizioni.com). I am also an airsoft collector (that's how my passion for firearms has started, when I was just a very, VERY little kid), and I am about to be appointed as the responsible for the upcoming airsoft section on my magazine.

I have been longtime searching for the B.B. World "Vektor CP1" airsoft replica. This is a 6mm BB pellet, spring-operated replica of a rare semi-automatic, gas-brake-operated, stryker-fired, polymer-framed pistol manufactured in South Africa from the year 1996 to the year 2001 by VEKTOR Pty-Ltd (now DENEL - Land Systems Division). It was dropped from production and whitdrawn from the market out of lawsuits fear, when it was found out that a small percentage of CP1s could discharge if dropped or violently hit. The manufacturer urged owners to turn them in; some, mainly in South Africa itself, were securized and returned to owners; the ones coming from outside South Africa were repaid and never returned, as VEKTOR was at the time about to be absorbed by DENEL and had no longer the capabilities to securize all the firearms that were turned in. This makes the CP-1 an extremely rare pistol.
Due to its futuristic appearence, the Vektor CP1 was widely used in SciFi TV shows like Serenity/Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1, as well as in movies such as The Transporter 2, Mission Impossible 2, XxX and Babylon A.D.

The replica I have been DESPERATELY trying to find out to buy is even rarer than the original handgun; it was manufactured in Korea, and is exactly this one:

I am at this point EXTREMELY interested, if not DESPERATE, to purchase it at a fair price (i.e., a member of this board that owns one has paid it 75US$, I offered 200US$ but he wouldn't sell no matter the price! Sad ). Of course I'll pay in advance (preferably through PayPal or another electronic method, but any other method at your convenience will be evaluated), with shipment through express courier at my own expenses. In case you need to know, the laws in my Country do NOT regulate Airsoft replicas as items requiring license for purchase or possession.

I am aware of the fact that somebody is offering original Battlestar Galactica rubber inert Vektor CP1 props on E-Bay for about 500 US$. I am not interested in these; at that price, with my gun license, I have an armourer that can find me out a REAL Vektor CP1 (which I am not going to buy anyway until I have got my hands on a Caracal; I have my priorities, thank you very much!). I am not going to spend 500 US$ for something that doesn't even operates, while I am definitely going to spend a fair, reasonable price for something that works and that I can display in my collection and use from time to time.

All offers will be evaluated. I am also in possession of an unpainted/unfinished Aliens Vp70 pistol resin (inert) replica that I might be willing/interested in trading as part of the payment for the Vektor CP1 airsoft replica.

If you possess one Vektor CP1 airsoft replica and are intersted/willing to sell, or if you know where I can find one, please, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me via private message. I will be checking them out basically every day. This is painstakingly important for me.

I will be looking forward to hear from you. In the meanwhile, please accept my best regards.

PIERANGELO TENDAS
Sardinia, Italy
________
Motorcycle tires

Last edited by TheTranc on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joatrash
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if you have a real gun permit, why not get one of these:
http://www.afg.sk/shop/guns-rohm-new/rohm-vektor-cp1-nickel-9mm-knall/

A link to some of my stuff
TheTranc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joatrash wrote:
So, if you have a real gun permit, why not get one of these:
http://www.afg.sk/shop/guns-rohm-new/rohm-vektor-cp1-nickel-9mm-knall/

I have evaluated the possibility to get a Rohm 9mm-Knall (blank-firing) replica of the Vektor CP1. The answer is a "No, thanks". First of all, because... I do not want a blank firer! I just don't care about a blank, I want the airsoft for my collection; if I want a real one, I just get -THE- real one, at the very convenient price of 350 ?.

Second, paradoxally the Rohm replica is even less faithful to the original than the Airsoft (it is slightly longer, and even has an EXTERNAL HAMMER, which the Vektor CP1 hasn't!). I've handled it (read it down), and I can say it's just not satisfactory.

Third, importing the blank firer in Italy is impossible for me.

Just like Airsofts, Blank pistols do NOT require a gun license to be purchased or detained in Italy.
Yet, au contraire of Airsofts, all blank firing replicas imported in Italy must be certified by the Ministry of Interior as being near impossible to be converted to fire real ammunition. This certification can be obtained only if blank firing replicas are manufactured with a special metal alloy called ZAMA, also known as "Zamak" or "Zamac": it's a Zinc alloy amalgamated with aluminium, magnesium and copper, and won't whitstand the stress of firing a real ammunition (giving you a 50/50 chance to have the gun exploding in your hand if you try to). I have examinated the Rohm Vektor CP1 blank firing replica at the last IWA firearms expo in Nuremberg (Germany), and it's not made out of ZAMA, it's made out of real steel. That makes the Rohm Vektor CP1 replica illegal to own in Italy, gun license or not; in fact, Rohm's blank-firers are NOT imported in Italy, even through official channels.
The only blank firers sold in Italy are manufactured here, by a company called VALTRO, which makes its blank guns totally in ZAMA (or in plastic, if them are cap-firing toys for kids, but that's more matter for EDISON than for VALTRO).

This said, let me repeat my call: if you have an AIRSOFT Vektor CP1 and are willing to sell, or if you know where I can find one, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me through PM!

Regards!
________
LEXUS RX HYBRID HISTORY

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salve Pierangelo! I wish you luck in your quest, seems quite the challenge indeed...ZAMAC brings memories, since I'm originally from Brussels, I had a few guns made out of that material in the '70s (easy to get in Europe, but not in Canada where I reside now...gun laws are very strict here as you might know).
TheTranc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... yeah, ZAMAC can be good for making "Zip-Guns" in extremely small calibers (.25-Acp, .22-Lr, .22-Short)... that's what those cheapo "Saturday Night Special" pistols were made in the 1960s on... and that's also why them were so prone to break away.

BTW, I have found a website where the gun SEEMS to be available:
http://www.vvmarket.co.kr/front/php/product.php?product_no=311&main_cate_no=46&display_group=1

Unfortunately the page is in Korean, and obviously I don't understand it. I have tried to send them an E-Mail at the address found under the page; never had a response. Can anybody help me?
________
Box Vaporizers

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a few people that had been looking for that airsoft for years in order to make a replica of the Fifth Element Korben Dallas gun. They had no luck either. I wish you better luck.

Andy
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you used to be able to pick that up on modelmarts.com, but that site has been down for a few years now.

The closest you're going to find these days is a cheap electric version for $8.99

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricJamesBondAirsoftGunBC2030B.html

I own one of these, and they are actually pretty sturdy for the price.

Njc--------
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried to PM but cannot for some reason.

I do not have the air softpistol but I do have a casting off of a real Vector.

And it is in three parts a slide, pistol body and a butt plate/cap.

If you into making a model of something this could fill the bill.

I too hunted high and low for a Vector before finaly getting these castings only to see someone else do the Korbin Gun before I could tool up.

Email me at racprops@cox.net if this can be any help.

Rich
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should think about doing a run of castings Rich. I'd be interested, I think a lot of folks might be. The gun was used as is in BSG, as well as Firefly.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and was trying to build it so I could add sound and light...

I have a few of them.

I will look into getting them out.

Rich
reynaldx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Yeah, you used to be able to pick that up on modelmarts.com, but that site has been down for a few years now.

The closest you're going to find these days is a cheap electric version for $8.99

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricJamesBondAirsoftGunBC2030B.html

I own one of these, and they are actually pretty sturdy for the price.

Njc--------

It's a great price for this one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: