FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good point, but there is clearly a market for that level of accuracy and precision because they're sold out even before they get a chance to breathe..

Maybe you should consider an ultimate model yourself.

Regards

MARK

racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power of a good advertising campaign!!!

Any idea what that run was??

I read somewhere it was something like 1000 or 1500 kits and 100 to 500 buildups?

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racprops wrote:
I know I may get blasted for this:

But: are they STILL making the Bulldog in two parts, and in Plastic?

And are the side covers still Plastic??

And are they still inserting nuts into the model? (My metal is hard enought to be drilled and threaded as was the real prop)

All the new details are nice, details I just added or corrected on my model making it the propsummet limited version and all models to follow the 2010 version.

I personally feel that as I mold off the real guns, and use a one piece Bulldog frame, ETC. my model it more accurate and at a much lower price.

Rich

I think you may have it confused with the Elfin Knights Project blaster. But even still if you can't tell how beautiful this blaster looks over all others, it may explain a lot. As an artist I know you can still get all the details of a persons face right, but that doesn't mean it will end up actually looking like the person. You have to see the relationship of the whole, and know what details to focus on, and which are not as important. I think these guys got it down pat. These guys are artists as well as skilled craftsmen.

I also don't remember the final number of these, but I know it was less than 200 total IIRC, and only a handful of built ups including the artist proof versions which had upgraded machined aluminum parts and were weathered as well. Sure it isn't 100% accurate to the worldcon photos and hero gun, but it is like the better looking twin brother to the real gun. A little better aligned and better complexion. Any good artist knows that when you do a portrait, you have to downplay the flaws (unless you are El Greco).

Andy
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No both models had the two part Bulldog pistol frame.

And yes I can see how nice it is, as I can with most of the models done over there, even MR's models had great fit and finish, as they all should considering the level of machines used.

I am aware my model is a little less perfict, but I also think it makes it up being slightly more accurate.

And as they are getting a higher price I am spending more time making them better, as in: Now they come with real set screws in the Strye Receiver and I have new improved tooling and molds thanks partly to the propsummit run.

I also make more efford in my fit and finish too.

Rich

andy wrote:
racprops wrote:
I know I may get blasted for this:

But: are they STILL making the Bulldog in two parts, and in Plastic?

And are the side covers still Plastic??

And are they still inserting nuts into the model? (My metal is hard enought to be drilled and threaded as was the real prop)

All the new details are nice, details I just added or corrected on my model making it the propsummet limited version and all models to follow the 2010 version.

I personally feel that as I mold off the real guns, and use a one piece Bulldog frame, ETC. my model it more accurate and at a much lower price.

Rich

I think you may have it confused with the Elfin Knights Project blaster. But even still if you can't tell how beautiful this blaster looks over all others, it may explain a lot. As an artist I know you can still get all the details of a persons face right, but that doesn't mean it will end up actually looking like the person. You have to see the relationship of the whole, and know what details to focus on, and which are not as important. I think these guys got it down pat. These guys are artists as well as skilled craftsmen.

I also don't remember the final number of these, but I know it was less than 200 total IIRC, and only a handful of built ups including the artist proof versions which had upgraded machined aluminum parts and were weathered as well. Sure it isn't 100% accurate to the worldcon photos and hero gun, but it is like the better looking twin brother to the real gun. A little better aligned and better complexion. Any good artist knows that when you do a portrait, you have to downplay the flaws (unless you are El Greco).

Andy

propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to stick my twopennywoth in here, I think with the Propsummit LE kit Rich has produced the best effort "base" kit for anyone to work their magic on , I to believed it was a very ' raw ' cast and even complained to Rich that some parts were unworkable , he sent me new parts and told me to keep the other's, so I tried one , I have to say that I was completely surprised when after processing - it came up really well and when I polished it - I was really impressed !! , so it just needs a different mind set - Yes it's a kit - but it's not a Revell or an Airfix , it has to be built from the ground up properly ! - given we have a great deal of talented builders on this forum - you are going to see some fantasticly realistic 'hero's emerging over the next few months - that IMHO will surpass even the Tomenosuke ! So I for one will be saying great work Rich !! and you can call me biased if you want .
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsjonnyb wrote:
you are going to see some fantasticly realistic 'hero's emerging over the next few months - that IMHO will surpass even the Tomenosuke ! So I for one will be saying great work Rich !! and you can call me biased if you want .

That is exactly what I am hoping to "see".

Andy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, regarding the upcoming Tomenosuke PRO, I have the clarification from Nobu-san that this will be a "blank gun" and not an "airsoft". Cool

- Karl
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Cool Not that I will ever be able to afford it mind you Sad

Andy
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

booo I was really looking forward to a mass production marushin airsoft. one that we could afford.

for shame Japan, for shame.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well once the blank gun version is out, maybe we can ask them nicely if they'd consider an airsoft version.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am building a model with a real Bulldog inside it.

So I will then have a real shooter, one that can fire blanks or Real ammo. I can’t wait until I can take it to the shooting range to fire it.

This is only adds about $500.00 to $600.00 the cost of one of my models. $350.00 for the Bulldog and a estimated $100.00 for a machined custom barrel, and the extra labor of drilling and taping the steel and fitting it.

And don’t they make paintball ammo to fit real guns? That could be a fun way to use it.

Rich
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol:

I'm pretty certain that the airsoft mechanism has to be designed in to the body of the gun. All of my airsoft guns keep the air in the clip or grip frame. Obviously this would be impossible here. I was imagining them to use the led clip as the pressurized air reserve.

on a side note I highly recommend picking up one of Marushin's Ghost in shell revolvers. They are modeled after an Italian Mateba revolver. And they are awesome.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points about Airsoft vs blank gun.

I suppose that since the blank gun is built more like a "real" gun it is a good choice!

k
megagreg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's more…
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/10528841/

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftenshu53.exblog.jp%2F10528841%2F&sl=ja&tl=en
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the Blaster Gods! Shocked Thanks for sharing Megagreg! Now I'll go back to my room, curl up and cry Crying or Very sad
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The machine translation to English is hard for me to decipher! Shocked

I think they're saying something about the pitfalls of trying to modify the design of something that was originally handmade (the hero prop) into something that has to be manufactured (the Marushin).

Looks like they're doing a pretty good job of it!

k
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more from Japan
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/tags/%E7%95%99%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9PRO/

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy...for the life of me, I cannot stop staring Shocked
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humorously, my google translation says the article is about a "Bra clasp PRO"

HA!!

Love the photos though. Just never get sick of looking at this gun. I so wish we knew who sculpted those side panels and the grips and grip frame!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Yahoo translator used to call it a "Cancer gun". I am guessing words based on phonetics or multiple meanings, like "fly" being used as pants zipper.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: