FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Offworld blaster Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Combaticus
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Offworld blaster Q Reply with quote

Working on my resin PKD has convinced me that I want something sturdier in case I ever get a costume together. REdYOdA's Offworld is awesome, so I think that would be a satisfactory model (at least until I win the lottery and buy a new Worldcon).

Offworld is selling their blaster on eBay for $275. Is that a good price?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to be a fair price. They originally went for $250.

Andy
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with Andy , it's a good price taking into account it's shortcumings in terms of accuracy in detail , it would certainly fit the bill, especially if you were intending to using it as a starting point
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, cannot go wrong with $275
Combaticus
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after days of hemming and hawing, I finally pulled the trigger on one of these today. (Figuratively speaking.) I signed up for "Bill Me Later" and got 10% off, so that took care of shipping and sales tax. (I'm considering selling off my Mad Max blower pulley to offset the cost.) Sad

It's advertised as an upgrade (M2019C) to their previous model. When I get it, I'll post some pictures. Meanwhile, I'm still Bondo-ing and sanding my resin PKD...
REdYOdA
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you order the upgraded 'slide' too?
Congrats on deciding to get the Offworld...
I'm really pleased with it after refinishing. I hope to be able to get some of the other blaster versions too down the road.

Anxious to see pics of your resin PKD!
Combaticus
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't order the new upper receiver, but the day after I got mine in the mail, they listed for $299 an M2019C with the new slide. Can you tell me the difference, besides the wording and proof marks?

I'll post a more in-depth review on the gun soon; I've been handling it and wondering whether it was worth the price. Safe to say, though, that the Blaster Bug has bit me hard. Smile
REdYOdA
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No difference other than the proofs and wording (which includes a misspelling) but still much closer to the original.
Totally up to you though as to how close you want it to be to the original/Worldcon.
Of course there are many other little things that are different than the WC but the most glaring is the upper receiver marks. To the average person it will look spot on...just not to us BR blaster freaks.
Wink
REdYOdA
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and one more thing to add:

The Offworld does feel a little bit cheaper quality when you first get it. That's why it was all about getting some added weight on it for me...besides the refinishing.
Butt plate from Don P. and adding some lead inside the grips. Also real lead tippped ammo. With the added weight it feels much more like a real weapon and quality prop.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also believe the ejector port opening is more square and less round than the first version. Also the right cylinder cover has the cut out behind the bolt lever, but this is also be on the version before they changed the Steyr receiver completely, when they did their first "Worldcon" version. They also changed the clip/magazine to have the fifth LED in the base.

Andy
jasonw2112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! This will be my first post (question wise!) after many months of research working on my recast pkd resin blaster. I did not know it was recast until I purchased it, so I'm not happy with recasting, to say the least! So! I decided to go ahead and build the gun the best I could. I'll post some pics, after I finish the display. I have got a lot of paper props from the site, but I would like to get some more movie accurate stuff if anyone still has any?
I've been looking at the m2019c offworld blaster, cause I can't afford a Sidkit, plus its hard for me to spend that much on a gun prop. Not that they are not choice! But I don't have that kinda money. Anyways, I will be thinking the next few days over my next purchase. I also have some screen grabed items I have worked on that I haven't seen posted here in the near future. I've noticed alot of stuff is no longer availible in the threads, so if you have any stuff I could use for my display, I would appreicate it!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eager to see pics of your project of course and good luck
jasonw2112

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did it! I bought the M2019c from OffWorld! My wife is gonna
kill me! Maybe not, but she will still give me that crazy look! I'm sure some of you know it very well! Rolling Eyes
Memories of Green
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I mentioned in another section that I had the Sidkit, which is an amazing prop, the sheer weight of it is the thing that strikes you immediately. I also bought Offworlds' latest offering earlier in the year, and you're 100% right of course. If you're going to use it for cosplay, it will suffice. Non Officionados of Blade Runner aren't going to stop you and ask you pertinent questions on detail. And I also was a little disappointed in the weight of the thing, it IS almost like a toy with all that plastic, the small amount of metal in the upper reciever area gives you a tantalising glimpse into how a BR blaster could and should feel like to some of us. I thought I was going to just stick to the one collectible, but it's frightening, it is indeed a bug I'm beginning to catch as regards the many versions there are out there. Better not tell the wife though! Cheers, John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: