FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Funksimile AKA stuff by Rachael

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachael
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Funksimile AKA stuff by Rachael Reply with quote

I just caught wind that I have been declared a missing person on PropSummit, so thought I would pop in to explain my sudden and lingering absence.

About a year ago, I was offered a 'real job' which I could not in good conscience turn down. Life as a freelancer is not easy these days, and bills required paying. Good side is, I have a steady paycheck. Bad side is, I have no time since I am what they like to call 'indispensable' and 'salaried'.

My initial thought of being able to accept commissions on the side simply has not worked out and I have literally closed up my studio. Every now and then I think it would be a good idea to just publish the patterns I developed but honestly I have no idea how soon I could make that happen.

Please accept my sincerest apology for having dropped the ball on this one- life has simply taken over and my brain is now dedicated to numbers and figures and accounts payable. While I do have a few sample pieces left in my closet, I prefer to keep these on hand for reference should I attempt a pattern line in the future.

Until that time, many many thanks for all of the kind words and support I have received from all of you here at PropSummit. The community has been kind to me and I hope one day to duck in again and announce my return.

Rachael.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear good news about your life Rachael (at least the bills are getting paid and that`s the main thing...one cannot just live d`amour et d`eau fraƮche as they say in French). For most of us here, having full time job, family and making props/costumes, etc is always a challenge and I`m counting the days until you`ll re-appear and dazzle us, once again, with your skills and marvellous costumes.
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What joberg said Meg.
Your Deckard Coat and western shirt are still the Kings.
Tim.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are always welcome here Rachael.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: