FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Help Identifying this Blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronD82
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Help Identifying this Blaster Reply with quote

Can anyone shed any light on what kind of kit this is?

Many Thanks Smile

Aaron
Robotprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an older RAC props version or maybe the Starfleet R-D recast of said RAC blaster.
Andy will know.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a RAC recast, with a new triggerguard. I believe it was done by Sci-Fi props, aka dreamland replicas. I actually purchased a few things from him back in my very early prop days. He's been out of the game for a long time, as far as I know.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Noeland is correct on this one. I have seen quite a few recasts of the early Coyle guns from the late 90's in varying shades of quality. The use of decals is something that R-D (Rob and Dennis) Starfleet did, but they didn't copy Rick Ross's texts like this one did. They also had the rounded trigger guard, but they also made the grips in the clear amber in everyone I have seen. These grips just look like an unpainted resin going for an ivory look. If this could be a R-D Starfleet gun the bottom of the butt plate would have their logo that looks like a rip off of Rich's C&S logo, a loose interpretation of the Steyr logo.

I am not familiar with the kits Noeland is talking about, but he was buying these guns first hand back then, and I wasn't. It is for sure a recast from a Rich Coyle, with Rick Ross markings pasted on it. So many of the recasts back then were of such low quality, and nth generation that markings were usually long since lost. The builder may have had just applied the markings themselves after finding pictures online of Rick's gun.

Not sure if this helps or confuses things even more.

Andy
AaronD82
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointers guys. I have some more images that might help you make a more definitive judgement.

I really appreciate the help - have been speaking to a guy who is selling this - he also has a solid resin cast of the blaster in black - I'm trying to work out what I should offer him or whether I should bother at all.

EDIT: Just realised the pics were huge - resized

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: