FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Immortal

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Immortal Reply with quote

Just saw the movie Immortal (2004). I don't know if anybody here has seen it yet or not, but it is a beautiful movie by comic book artist Enkai Bilal (if a bit on the farfetched side). It uses computer animation and live action where the Live action is in the minority. It blends better than many, but it is still somewhat primitive in that respect. It is set in a futuristic New York City, where an alien pyramid with egyptian gods has parked above. The big Tyrell like company is a genetics firm called Eugenics. I have a hard time telling to much about it because there is so much stuff in it, it would take quite a while and maybe hurt rather than help your understanding of it. It like BR, is a visual feast with a subdued but rich story. It has eliments of BR, 5th Eliment and the Matrix. Recomened for the artistic crowd and readers of Heavy Metal where Bilal (like Mobeus) gained fame.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've seen it. And while I think it's abstract with a capital A, it was interesting to say the least.

A bit of trivia here. A few years back I was in contact with one of the films 3D modellers and he had this image posted on his gallery website.

Look familiar? It is based on the blade runner cops, and not only that:

I asked him myself, and he was not shy about being a fan of Rick's work. Yes, that's a PKD III in the cop's holster!!

One more influence for the blade runner influenced by bin.

Njc---------------------
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it about 2 or more years ago. I remember learning about it, after hearing the debate on something about it being the first cg movie.. I cannot remember what the debate was about though Sad

I honestly do not remember a lot from the movie, but I remember it had a pretty good storyline, or at least idea for the story
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: