FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
PKD's latest adaptation

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: PKD's latest adaptation Reply with quote

"The Adjustment Bureau"

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20110225-322199/Elements-coalesce-in-sci-fi-thriller

More on PKD's influence in modern films...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/25/AR2011022503903.html

I am just a bit surprised that no one here has posted about this film yet (including myself). Especially since it is a science fiction film with a 1940's twist. Also has me thinking of another of my favorite films "Dark City"

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Well, I'm sure this movie is not known in Spain yet... (as ever). Anyway, I'm working in a tiny essay about Dick at movies, so this information is perfect to complete it (when done).

Andy, you're great!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Andy...Saw the trailer a few weeks ago and was not aware that it's based on a PKD story.
Same kind of questions asked: what is reality? A construct of our mind, or some kind of interesting experiment done by humans on others or done by extra-terrestrials (Dark City) on humans?
Seems interesting (love Matt Damon).
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am just a bit surprised that no one here has posted about this film yet (including myself).

Probably because it won't be released in the US until March 4. Did you attend a sneak preview? Confused
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sneak preview yet. I am partially surprised that they don't use PKDick in the ads like they have for movies like Paycheck and so many others. Maybe they just wanted to relate it more to Inception than older and in some cases, cheesier Sci-Fi. Rick and I were talking about how the PKD story was also an influence for a Twilight Zone episode. As I guess many of his short stories were.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: