FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner M2019 blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner M2019 blaster Reply with quote

Hi to you all. Been a Blade Runner fan since i first it on TV back in 86. Yes, gives some idea as to how old i am. Anyway, i bought a Off-World M2019-C, and it arrived yesterday. I read the excellent review on here by a fellow member, which basicaly sums up the C model. I was going to return it. Not happy, that two of the LED's were not working, (but thankfully my girlfriend's brother had a soldering kit, and problem now solved) or that it had this lateral movement. Today i looked at it, and i thought, yeah, its not half bad, but i want to do some minor improvements to it, to improve its quality. At this point i should mention, i really am no good with any technical stuff. So my idea was to sand down bits, to give it a rugged look, buy some dummy bullets from a shop close to me in West Sussex (England), and maybe do a thin, silver paint of the ejection port. If anyone could help me here, it would be appreciated. Was it just me that had defects with the M2019. Still its not a bad piece, and face it, its been 29 years the film was released, so to get a replica at all is a bonus.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to propsummit Morgan,

There are a few threads dedicated to the M2019, which is a name given to a few different versions of the gun. It sounds like you have the latest "Offworld" made replica. Search the threads here for "Offworld" to see all the wonderful upgrade parts, and finishing ideas on here.

Andy
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Morgan. the Offworld M2019-C was my 2nd BR blaster (and the most fun to mod out). Look up Don Parker or Mspaw here if you want some amazing metal upgrade parts. here is a link to my rebuild thread. Good luck!!

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2716&highlight=
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Morgan
Did you have any trouble getting the Blaster into the UK or did you buy it within?
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Morgan, glad you've found that gun; eager to see it all spick and span (pics are a must of course Wink )
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all so far. Well going in to the local Crawley armoury to see what supplies they have. Know they have some .38's.
I dont regret buying my Offworld now, but i really let loose on the company when i noticed two of the LED's were not even soldered on. For the money you pay, you want the bloody thing to work.
The trouble is half the decent parts are Stateside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: