FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Fake Sidkit Blade Runner Blaster on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michele
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Fake Sidkit Blade Runner Blaster on Ebay Reply with quote

As I wrote to Andy i was Very hill and I was not to be able to go arround this fantastic website. I'am writing now to say that someone is selling on ebay a kit saying is a sidkit version. I am the only one that I still have height original resin versione and four metal complete kist version. Just to advise you that the bidders are buying some recasted parts with wrong grips, ammunitions, butplace etc.. As Siderio's said, you can improve the work of others, but steal the money is to much. Also Sid is dead and use his name to make money is very unpleasant. This is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLADE-RUNNER-SIDKIT-BLASTER-PROP-MOVIE-REPLICA-/290588350846?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a86a597e

Thanks, Michele
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted him and informed him that he has a Monsters in Motion model kit.

Last I heard he was going to revise the auction and correct the info.

Rich
Vader
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hasn't, though...
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told him this morning that it was not a Sidkit, and asked him to please state the correct information or he may be reported. We'll see ….
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted him last night and said that he is being called a faker and lier on a couple of Blade Runner sites.

I said I was hping that he would fix the auction.

In my exchanges with him I offered to show hiw some 193 pictures of the MiM Model kit so show him I know what I told him.

He never got back with me after saying he was going to fix it.
I say report him.

Rich
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MiM sold that kit for just under $200 for years. I have one (without the CD) I got on Ebay for about $50, badly built though. It combined parts from the Hartford and a real .357 Bulldog. The Hartford used a S&W at it's base. For the same price you can get the new Offworld which is pretty much the same thing, with more durable production made construction, and metal parts. It is somewhat rare, but not worth more than a $100 in that condition, if that. It looks like he just grabbed info on different replicas, and added it all into his description, including the misspelled PKD as "PDK" from the crappy cool models PKD 1 recasts.

It is a cool piece of history in it's own right, and Offworld tried to make the kit pretty faithful to it's original gun source by producing all the firing mechanism parts to make a working replica. I would love to get an unbuilt one at some point, but this one is not worth all that much in it's current state if you ask me. It also looks like the auction was pulled. Maybe by Ebay.

Andy
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported it this morning, and that's probably why they pulled it. I felt that he was trying to exploit the less informed...
michele
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys and thank you Richard!

Cheers, Michele
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The knowledge and the power of this board did it Cool
michele
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be honest, and forwarding the Siderio's words, I saw a very interesting ebay auction. The seller describe a kit that is a Sidkit / Coyle Hybrid Worldcon Blade Runner Blaster.In my opinion is a blaster made from differents parts made from Siderio and Richard's one. This is an honest builder that say: I used the sidkit's and richard's coyle parts to make my own replica prop. This is considered from me an improvments. This is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sidkit-Coyle-Hybrid-Worldcon-Blade-Runner-Blaster-/180696822498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a125eb2e2

Michele.
skullsoldier
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michele - hi to all and thanks for recognizing my attempts to make a fair and honest eBay listing. The piece was essentially made from a Sidkit all metal blaster and included a few building mods from me - the most significant of which was the Worldcon Magazine assembly in black plastic made and assembled by the master, Rich Coyle. Rich sold me that part with the understanding that I was adding it to my Sidkit. The hopes were that the blaster would sell and I could fund a full Coyle build. Unfortunately, the winning bidder has ignored me and it looks like it will have to be relisted.

Scott

michele wrote:
Just to be honest, and forwarding the Siderio's words, I saw a very interesting ebay auction. The seller describe a kit that is a Sidkit / Coyle Hybrid Worldcon Blade Runner Blaster.In my opinion is a blaster made from differents parts made from Siderio and Richard's one. This is an honest builder that say: I used the sidkit's and richard's coyle parts to make my own replica prop. This is considered from me an improvments. This is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sidkit-Coyle-Hybrid-Worldcon-Blade-Runner-Blaster-/180696822498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a125eb2e2

Michele.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: