FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
LEDS on Offworld M2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: LEDS on Offworld M2019 Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Just received my Offworld M2019 blaster the other day and was pleasantly surprised at the quality - it's a very cool item for the price and has more heft than I thought it would have. However, there's one niggly thing - only three of the LEDS light up. The circuit board seems pretty wedged in there so I think I'd probably wreck it if I tried to prise it out. Anyone have any ideas? Is there any way to get a replacement part? Does anyone know who makes these so I could approach them direct?
Many thanks
Alex
ChrisNightingale
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem - if you are pointing the gun, it's the nearest one to you on the right. Jiggling the board seems to illuminate it but only while pressure is applied.
________
OSHAWA CAR ASSEMBLY

Last edited by ChrisNightingale on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
BRfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's not just me. I suspect it could be easily fixed if you could get to the underside of the circuit board but it's the LEDs themselves holding it all in place which is a pretty delicate arrangement. Actually there's room for a mod here because having the switch inside isn't the best arrangement anyway. Anybody else have any ideas?
BRfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - the seller has kindly agreed to replace the faulty part. Very Happy
Still think a switch on the outside would be a good mod for the Offworld. It's on the outside of the hero prop right? He says risking hoots of derision! Oh, and of course the red light on the underside...
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the on/off switch is on the outside of the magazine on the hero version. If you go that route though, you know you'll have to add the white wires along the side of the cylinder cover then.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Same problems Reply with quote

Several years later, and still have the problems. I bought my Offworld M2019C and two of the LED's wouldnt work. I borrowed my brother's soldering gun though, and fixed the problem. The LED wire was not making contact with the wire on the circuit board. Took about two minutes to fix.
Annoying though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: