FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Model shops from hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Model shops from hell Reply with quote

I went to a model shop in Brighton, UK today, to get some spray paint for my M2019C / a toy gun am converting, and also just to see if they had any model bullets. Well they had no bullets surprise surprise, but when i went to pay for my gun metal spray, the girl got arsy, and said you do know, you have to put an orange band around your replica, or some shit along those lines. Its the law. I said 'well i paid £170 for a Blade Runner replica, so there was no way in hell i was going to put a shade of orange on it. She said, well its the law so you have too. So i said 'fuck that', no one fucks with my blaster.
She just looked at me ha ha. I walked out with my spray paint, saying out loud, well time to rob a bank. I didnt of course, but it just annoyed me, that here in England, everyone thinks, that anyone who owns a replica is going to 'go postal'. I love Blade Runner. To have a replica of any kind is a dream come true. Some people just dont get it. Why else is this website here. Some people are genuinly passionate about a film, and want to give it, its respect, and want to feel part of it.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon colored ear plugs work good, and make you comply with most laws without doing permanent damage to your Blaster. Hopefully you don't get a visit from the cops in the near future, as a result of your hobby shop exchange.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it! I should've thought about it Rolling Eyes Take a real gun, put an orange ear plug into the barrel and go rob a bank: nobody will arrest you 'cause now you're complying with the law Evil or Very Mad
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately robbing a bank with a toy gun is the same in most states as doing it with a real one, unless you use it. Then of course it is much worse with the real one. Basically it is to keep the cops from shooting kids that are running around with toy guns thinking the kids have a real one.

Andy
"995"victor-d
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...I just HAD to chime in here Laughing

IN CONNECTICUT, if you even IMPLY you are armed....(hand in the pocket) or pass a note that you are armed...you are charged with armed robbery.

Pretty much the same In NY NJ as well.

Vito
amfx74
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in New South Wales you have to have a firearms license to even own a replica, beat that.
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this guy from Australia on here, had to wait two months to get his replica. Really felt sorry for him.

Well guns dont really interest me. Its just the Blade Runner blaster that lights my fire, and if i saw a guy robbing a bank with one, i might ask him, if i could buy it off him ha ha.
SaberFreak
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to not tell ANYONE what you're buying those supplies for.

I keep ALL my prop builds secret save for a very few friends I can trust 100%. It just takes too long to explain to non-collectors, just to get that 'are-you-serious-you-paid-good-money-for-all-those-crap' look in the end...
"995"victor-d
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Hobby shops from hell/// Reply with quote

SaberFreak wrote:
The trick is to not tell ANYONE what you're buying those supplies for.

I keep ALL my prop builds secret save for a very few friends I can trust 100%. It just takes too long to explain to non-collectors, just to get that 'are-you-serious-you-paid-good-money-for-all-those-crap' look in the end...

"Thou speaketh wisely brave sir Knight".....or as we say in my Italian dialect.." se va, an non se dige" ( say-va an none say deege)...Transalated: do it..and dont talk about it!!! Laughing

Vito
" 3 men can keep a secret...if two are dead"..........Benjamin Franklin
Morgan9731
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my girlfriend, and people at work just dont get it. Why buy this gun, for pounds ++++++... what does it do? errrr... its from one of the greatest films ever made, very rare to see in England, anything in the way of props..
I dont understand Star Wars conventions, or why people would queue for hours to pay 30 pounds for some B movie actor, to sign a photo, when he is clearly just there for the money..
Whatever makes us tick though..
clark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Model shops from hell Reply with quote

Morgan9731 wrote:
She just looked at me ha ha.

Probably because if you were acting like that in a shop she probably thought you were a bit of a mental case?

I think I'm on her side with this one - shop staff *have* to cover their backs in situations like this because they're the ones that can get fired; the responsiblity is rarely with the shop, just the disposable staff. I've dealt with really terrible modelshops in the past but staff being vaguely conscientious is by no means a bad thing.
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on the "jobsworth" status of the person involved. I've had the met police IN my living room (after a neighbour was burgled) and totally forgot I have a realistic ww2 colt .45 and a Beretta replica in a display cabinet. they were either not bothered or very short sighted occifers.

I do think twice tho since then and before we entertain guests I'll consider removing my prop firearms from view depending on who the visitor is...can't be too safe I say.

Respect
P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: