FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Police ID

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SynaMax
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Police ID Reply with quote

"I'm Deckard. Blade Runner. Two sixty-three fifty-four. I'm filed and monitored."

Hi everyone! I was recently introduced to Blade Runner about a year or two ago by my best friend and I've been hooked on anything Rep-Detect related ever since. I always thought Tom Southwell's Police ID was really cool looking and after seeing Karl's awesome pictures from Worldcon, I got an idea to try and recreate it.

After talking with Karl and looking over his many excellent Worldcon ID reference pictures, I created what I personally consider to be the definitive Blade Runner Police ID. This run would have not been possible at all, if it wasn't for Karl's experience and help, for which I'm very grateful. Smile

I'm very proud of this prop and considering that this year marks the 30th Anniversary of Blade Runner, I figure I call this replica the "30th Anniversary Police ID". Every small detail from the ID has been painstakingly reproduced in vector form. From the small nuances in the "chip" graphic, to the accurate sizing of the "8" and everything in between, this card has every detail double checked with the reference pictures for accuracy. I even found the Japanese text symbols on the back of the card and recreated them with the closest font I had. The english text on the back of the card has also been carefully recreated; some of the glyphs on the original backside of card did not match with the font I had so I had to do extra research to find the missing letters.

So, what exactly do you get? You get an ID printed at 600 dpi onto heavy card stock. On top of that you get a layer of REAL authentic Amberlith for the reddish orange "X" overlay, exactly like the production-made Worldcon ID! Amberlith has been out of production since around 2008 and very difficult to come by. I contacted the manufacturer and got a hold of some extra sheets that they were about to throw out. I think it would be safe to say this could be the last time you'll be able to get a Blade Runner ID made with the exact same material used for the production!

I have quite a bit of amberlith, so I won't worried about running out of it very soon, but I will be offering Rubylith overlays, just in case. Rubylith is the same product but it's a dark red color, so it's not as accurate.

So let's recap: you get a double-sided, handcut ID, you get rare screen-accurate amberlith for the handcut "X" overlay and you get a photo paper cutout of Deckard placed right on top of the card, just like the Worldcon ID. Then it's laminated in a 5 mil ID badge laminate pouch. You can have a choice if you want a regular laminated ID, or a wearable ID, which means your card will have a slot cut out in the top of the laminate pouch so that you can connect your ID onto a lanyard!

Pricing:

$15 for Laminated Deckard ID w/ Rubylith "X"
$20 for Laminated Deckard ID w/ Amberlith "X"

You can also get a Custom Police ID! I can change the name to whatever text you want, and the picture to whatever you want. If you want "R. Deckard" as a name, but a custom picture, the price will be the same (visa versa).

$20 for Laminated CUSTOM ID w/ Rubylith "X"
$25 for Laminated CUSTOM ID w/ Amberlith "X"

Please PM for Paypal address and please specify:

1) What ID you want
2) What "X" do you want
3) If you want a lanyard slot or not

List:

1) Spinner 44 [TheRPF] (x2)
2) Doug_H (PAID) (Received!)
3) WinstonWolf359 [TheRPF] (PAID) (Received!)
4) amfx74
5) Hawaiiangb [TheRPF] (PAID)
6) SD Studios [TheRPF]
7) Dredd64 [TheRPF]
8 ) Golem (PAID)
9) jasonw2112 [TheRPF]
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18 )
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Thanks a lot for looking!!

Last edited by SynaMax on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments! It looks like your version of the ID came together really well. I can't wait to see it in person! Very Happy

K
SynaMax
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Karl! I just sent them out today so you should get them very soon.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the IDs today, thanks!

Great job on these, they look very sharp. Folks wanting an ID should definitely check them out!

K
SynaMax
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Karl!! Very Happy
Ki-Djowac
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

payment sent Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: