FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Goldberg Arms Metal Snub Nose Blaster - SOLD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Goldberg Arms Metal Snub Nose Blaster - SOLD Reply with quote

I am offering a built up metal version of my Goldberg Arms Snub Nose Blaster. This is the same blaster that has been offered in the all resin kit form, but built up and finished by me with metal parts. These metal snub noses are very rare. There will be no metal kits sold, or metal upgrade parts made available. The only metal Goldberg Arms Snubbies will be the few that I hand build.

On this blaster, the frame with side covers, clip housing and ammo clip are resin castings (the parts painted black). The remaining parts are cast pewter, except the barrel and receiver pin, which were lathe turned from steel (and of course, the grips which are clear amber resin). The frame has also been milled out and a lead weight added for realism. The Snub Nose weighs 840 grams, almost 30 ounces, and has the look, feel and heft of a real firearm! It has been finished and the metal parts aged to look like the World Con Blaster.

This is a static prop, nothing moves. The triggers, bolt lever,slides and knobs are all epoxied firmly in place. It will make a stunning and rare addition to any Blade Runner collection.

The price - $1,150, includes insured domestic (U.S.) priority mail. International shipping will be quoted based on destination. International shipping will be insured (if available) but I can take no responsibility for customs impounding the blaster due to restrictions on importing replica or toy guns (the U.K., Australia, Japan, Canada and other countries). Paypal payments only.

The Snub Nose is offered with one set of either Amber, Faux Ivory, or hardwood grips (see photos of the hardwood grips on the build blog). The laser cut, CNC engraved acrylic display stand is also included in the price.

If you are interested in purchasing this rare Blade Runner collectible please send me a PM. I will wait a few days to let all those interested respond, then choose the buyer at random.

Here is a compsrison photo of the Goldberg Arms Snub Nose along side the Tomenosuke Pro Blaster (NOT INCLUDED). Just think how good the Snubby will look sitting next to the Tomenosuke kit we're all waiting for!

Thanks for your interest!

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"

Last edited by DaveG on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Goldberg Arms Metal Snub Nose Blaster Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful Dave - warmest congratulations.

If its built and not a kit, I would most definitely have problems getting them into my state which is a huge pity because I would love one of these. Its an absolute peach and worth every Dollar in my opinion.

Best of luck and bravo to the lucky few who end up scoring one of these beauties.

Highest regards
MARK

Skin-Job
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. Beautiful work, of the highest standard.

Same trouble getting them into the UK, though.

Best wishes for the sales, these would grace any BR collection.
Amazing.

Karl
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the sale Dave...what the others have said: beauty all around that prop Cool As I'm in Canada, I'm in the same boat as my friends of the Commonwealth Crying or Very sad
cratercritter
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had the 'cash for the stash'. Love this little snubby gun. It's cute but lethal!. Shocked
I would likely be able to get a permit for importing it into Australia...but no spare cash at the moment. Crying or Very sad
Some lucky person will buy it....

Regards
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks amazing! Good luck with the sale!
Ozwepaie
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be into a kit a version. I like doing my own thing, when it
comes to build ups. & the "static/no moving parts" is a bit a turn off.
Just being honest.
It's a great looking gun. Kinda sad it doesn't not suit my needs.
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozwepaie wrote:
Just being honest.

That's too bad. The kit was specifically engineered not to have moving parts like the triggers or bolt for several reasons. First is that is greatly complicates the pattern making, molds and castings. I'm perfectly capable of doing it that way but it would have raised the cost of the kits, maybe by close to $100 per kit. Second, these are intended for display, not cosplay. I come from a background of making props for movies where the goal is to make simple, reliable props that can hold up to the rigors of filming. Very few prop firearms that you see in movies are functional in anyway. It's a good bet that if you don't see if fire in a shot, then it's a solid resin casting. When you are dealing with resin or pewter metal parts, "moving parts" inevitably means "broken parts". Rich Coyle's fantastic pewter kits feature everything able to move and function, but you've got to handle them very carefully. Even the more robust Tomenosuke blasters need to be handled with care.

I'm, sorry but there are no more resin kits available right now.

"I just want to say people... Get A Life! Move out of your parent's basement! It's just a movie!"
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of see this more as a limited work of art. Pop art at the very least. Wink

Andy
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I kind of see this more as a limited work of art. Pop art at the very least. Wink

Andy

Thanks Andy. My intention is just to make a few built up metal snubbies as limited edition collectibles. that's why I'm not offering metal kits or upgrade parts. The only metal snub noses will be the few I put together. So far that's only been two. I doubt I'll ever make more than maybe 10 or 12, if even that. I also want to build up different versions. Like a nickel plated one.

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure Dave, I never saw the guns (any guns) as toys or to be used for cosplay. Your metal build-up fits into that category: a fantastic static collectible piece of art to be handle with care for sure. If I had the chance to own one of your model, be it resin or metal, they would certainly live their lives inside a glass case Cool
DaveG
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: SOLD! Reply with quote

The metal snubby has been sold. Stay tuned, I plan to do more in the furture.

Skin-Job
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Dave, and also to the new owner.

Wish I had more funds available....

Karl
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with the sale Dave
Ozwepaie
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveG wrote:
Ozwepaie wrote:
Just being honest.

That's too bad. The kit was specifically engineered not to have moving parts like the triggers or bolt for several reasons. First is that is greatly complicates the pattern making, molds and castings. I'm perfectly capable of doing it that way but it would have raised the cost of the kits, maybe by close to $100 per kit. Second, these are intended for display, not cosplay. I come from a background of making props for movies where the goal is to make simple, reliable props that can hold up to the rigors of filming. Very few prop firearms that you see in movies are functional in anyway. It's a good bet that if you don't see if fire in a shot, then it's a solid resin casting. When you are dealing with resin or pewter metal parts, "moving parts" inevitably means "broken parts". Rich Coyle's fantastic pewter kits feature everything able to move and function, but you've got to handle them very carefully. Even the more robust Tomenosuke blasters need to be handled with care.

I'm, sorry but there are no more resin kits available right now.

I was not overly concerned w/ what the kit is "engineered" to do. As much as what I can make it do. You well know,
having a machine shop changes the game. When it comes to what we're capable of in a matter like this.
I personally prefer my props to have moving parts. I don't cosplay nor am I shooting a film. I'm well aware of how
& why "real" props are made the way they are. As well as the strengths & weaknesses of resin and pewter.
It's simply personal preference. If I'm going to buy something? I have standards I want met.
Mainly options, or the ability to customize. i.e. I have modified all my MR (Master Replicas) Star Wars blasters to
have moving parts. So I can pull the trigger on my DL-44, or remove the magazine & cycle the bolt on my E-11
Troop blaster. It's fun and I like the challenge.
I think your blaster is fantastic! I just can't justify $1200. for something I can't alter to my liking. However, I do
believe in supporting my fellow prop makers. So apposed to making one of my own. In a sense, steal your idea.
Something I'm strongly against.
I express my willingness to buy yours. If provided in a kit form. or I will go w/out. That said, it my loss.
And by no means am I saying what you have made is not worth every penny. It just doesn't suit my needs.

No offense meant. I hope you did not take my original post that way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: