FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
STALLONE LAWGIVER REPLICA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpion
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: STALLONE LAWGIVER REPLICA Reply with quote

My Replica STALLONE LAWGIVER build!!!
finally got one lol
So as we all know the sd studios lawgiver is an incredible worlking prop and is what i have been on the look out for yrs, but they never come up, so i got sick of trying to find one and decided to build my own.
so i contacted a guy who i know who does 3d print and asked him if he could print me a lawgiver "kit" a few weeks later he sent me this...
these are 3d printed parts

so after literally hrs and hrs of sanding, wet and dry sanding, filling, more sanding priming, then more sanding, i have something that look like this,

then i added some pins to help hold the parts together and used an epoxy glue to fit it together, i also lined the inside walls of the plastic with a devcon steel epoxy putty this gave the parts a very sold and strong feeling to them
i also added some heavy lead fishing weights to the inside grip, barrel and top to give it some serious heft, no more did it feel like a plastic toy
after test fitting everything and fitting allen screws to the correct places and many coats of primer i ended up with this

so at this stage i new everything fitted correctly and was ready to do the light kit, i just used a simple set up of 8 red 5mm leds and one blue led wired up to a switch and battery i also use a little master replicas blade foam to diffuse the leds and it worked perfectly

all that was left to do was give it a few coats of a satin matt black auto paint and install the lights, the rechargable trustfire battery is in a holder and just slides out from behind the botom barrel, i had to very carfully hand paint the silver parts around the trigger and magazine butt

completion pics

im incredibly happy with the finished result, and had far surpassed my expectations, im just gutted i couldnt use a blaster core and have the full sound fx that would have been so cool, (mabey on my next one) i just felt that the parts were not good enough as it was very hard to actually mount anything in the 3d printed parts as they have a hollow cavity the gun is 95% pin and epoxied together
for the windows i used a red vinly and the led diffusion is absolutely perfect you dont see an led just the red light
man i would love a crack at a hollow resin version
anyway i hope you like the pics guys i do plan to make a nice dredd display, i got a metal dredd badge on the way and will also be doing a nice display box for it ..i will update pics once done
cheers

[img][/img]
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding!
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Impressive work! Congrats!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work on that prop...but that should be posted into the non-Blade Runner Props Wink
Scorpion
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah soz i thought this was just for any props
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. If you ever do a run, I would be very interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: