FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Licensed Blade Runner Blaster? I read it wrong, no license.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Licensed Blade Runner Blaster? I read it wrong, no license. Reply with quote

edit: See post by icruise a little ways down for a good translation. Thanks again!

First, this is a translated page and it is very late. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I am seeing things about licenses, signature editions, and edition numbers. Am I wrong?

What do you all think of the links and quoted text below?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2ftenshu53.exblog.jp%2fd2007-10-28

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tomenosuke.com%2findex.html

Quote:
Although has negotiating the merchandising right of the デッカード blaster in the license coordinator of the acquaintance, guaranty and side show of the sale channel in the foreign country it had had searching also the possibility of the Ford signature edition production which you say as a condition of transaction.
If from the fortunate Ford agent 1 sign =200 at dollar 500 or more when it contracts, you obtained also the inside 諾.
Approximately 1200 ten thousand Yen and license generation 300 ten thousand Yen of blaster (industry quotation), and, the land and building which such as cost of commodity development is the Gero hot spring and production and furthermore ad expenses is inserted in mortgage with sign and it was the intention れ て fund being devised.
The blaster which is being advanced with the Tomenosuke store, how doing, it announced you applied as the official product.
When to that it becomes the suitable completion, because it believed hard, was.

Last edited by amish on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they are at least trying to get the license for Japan. That is quite the find Amish. How did you come accross it?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the other pages they seem to talk about how hard it is to get the license from the BR partnership, especially after the failure of previous product. They also show other unlicensed stuff and wonder if the company will go after them now. At least that is my take anyway. They also seem to talk about an Italian Lawyer that is trying to open up the license.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also this

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2ftenshu53.exblog.jp%2f3891922%2f
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2ftenshu53.exblog.jp%2ftags%2fRichard%2bCoyle%2f
Eagle
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Confused Interesting.
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babelfish is a bit crap really isn't it?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, it just doesn't correct for grammer and phonetics too much.
icruise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just stumbled across this site/thread. I'm a Japanese translator, so I looked over the article in the original. It sounds like they wanted to get a license to make an "official" blaster, but that the people in charge didn't want to just give the license for the blaster to someone, instead preferring to give it to a company that could do a full line of stuff. One interesting part is about creating a Harrison Ford signature edition. They said that his agent indicated that he would be interested if he would be paid $200 a signature with a minimum of 500 signatures. Not a bad racket.

I don't know if they're still going to go ahead with the blaster without the license or what. I didn't read it in full.
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, icruise. Thanks!

icruise wrote:
One interesting part is about creating a Harrison Ford signature edition. They said that his agent indicated that he would be interested if he would be paid $200 a signature with a minimum of 500 signatures. Not a bad racket.

Shocked
I am hereby offering copies of my signature for the bargain price of only $50!! Get yours today!
Any takers? Razz
IRONMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One interesting part is about creating a Harrison Ford signature edition. They said that his agent indicated that he would be interested if he would be paid $200 a signature with a minimum of 500 signatures.

I wonder if that's really Ford talking or his agent talking out his you know what?

Personally, I think he owes his fans an appology after Hollywood Homicide. Razz
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icruise,

First, welcome to the propsummit community!! I also want to thank you for reading through and translating this for us!

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Tom
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icruise, Welcome and thank you. Any idea on the time frame this happened?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icruise wrote:
. It sounds like they wanted to get a license to make an "official" blaster, but that the people in charge didn't want to just give the license for the blaster to someone, instead preferring to give it to a company that could do a full line of stuff.

If this is still true then maybe a Company Like Corgi/Master Replicas may end up trying to get it, because they have tried in the past and can now offer the Die cast along with props, and the spinner die cast would very likely sell well.

There are a few other multi-product companies out their that may also try it, but in general the market seems different from other sci-fi licenses. The age group seems higher for BR and in general the fans aren't as into the 'toys' as they do with Star Wars. This may be changing with acceptance from anime and cosplay communities into the mainstream. BR collectables have increased in value over the years more than Star Wars has INHO. In the past BR fans seemed more reserved, but that is changing somewhat, but this place is a bit of a vortex for this type Wink .

It would still be cool to see some licensed product, even if it drives some of our members further underground untill the lawyers go away. The most important message I can give the Licensed product people is to make sure you do things right and we will buy it all day long. No cheesy greedy shortcuts like had been done in the old days. You need to do better than the underground guys and fans themselves if you want our money.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just dealt with the WB licensing folks over T-shirts (I work for a licensed T-shirt printing company) I can say that anyone who might even be considering producing a licensed blaster has thier work cut out for them.

There is a reason no one has done it. Actually, 1 million reasons, WB wants money, and lots of it, for all thier properties, including BR. This explains why we don't see a lot of WB merch produced by outside contractors.

I don't think anyone outside of MR could afford the licensing fees they are asking for, upfront, for BR related merch. Not sure MR could even swing it.
IRONMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Licensed Blade Runner Blaster? I read it wrong, no license. Reply with quote

MR seems like they're too busy playing Pinochio with Disney's arse to care about much else these days.
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is, would you pay for a MR licensed version of the blaster, which might very well wind up costing more and being less accurate than some of the fan produced versions out there?

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
IRONMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Licensed Blade Runner Blaster? I read it wrong, no license. Reply with quote

Probably wouldn't buy they're PKD, but possibly something else from the license.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:
Question is, would you pay for a MR licensed version of the blaster, which might very well wind up costing more and being less accurate than some of the fan produced versions out there?

That would be my prerequisite. It better use the actuall prop and some unknown pics for reference, and then it shouldn't also cost more than $500. I would jump on it for $300 or less( hint hint Wink ). I am at the point where I see big flaws in all the guns made now. The only ones I don't have any problems with are the ones that don't really try to be totally accurate like Rick Ross's. If they do less work that the Guy's like Rich Coyle Phil S., and Craig K, then they most likely would not get my money to begin with. I need to see some real effort put together in this. especially since others have done most of the work for them.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if any licensed prop company would do this, it would actually be in their best interest to hire someone like Rich Coyle to at least consult with on the blaster. Otherwise, I fear the same as everyone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: