FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Whiskey Bottle Project...BOTTLE DIMENSIONS AND DETAILS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Awsome work all, I would also like to add that we can't determine the bottle material from the sound that was made from it, because almost all movie sounds are added later in post production, including dialogue.

I agree but sometiems it's easy to distinguish between what has been added by in post production and what is sound from the actual set.

If this thing was bought from a store circa 1981 I suppose the only hope is for the USA based posters to check their dads or grandfathers garages to see if he has one stowed away full of white spirit or engine oil!

Oh and the 3D work in this thread is outstanding btw. Shocked
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh and the 3D work in this thread is outstanding btw. Shocked

I couldn't agree more.
It's amazing to me what can happen when some very talented BR enthusiasts put their heads together!
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think you've positioned them too close together in the bottom pic. The left bottle looks further away from the glass. It also looks slightly more out of focus (look at the light reflection sharpness near the tops of both bottles) which suggests depth of field meaning it is much further away.

This whole shot suggests the left JW bottle and the one behind with the red cap, are further in the background.
The bottle on the right together with the glass is closer to suggest Rachel is drinking from this one. Thats probably how the photographer set this shot up."

When trying to determine scale or size in a picture all clues need to be examined.

In the left-side pics you will notice how far away the bottle seems, however, if you look at the shadow under SY's elbow, you can see that her arm is no further back than 2/3s the length of the table. This point would be behind the bottle if the left-side pics were correct.

Also, look at the bottom of the bottle rather than the top. The distance between the levels of the bottoms of the bottles is very small, indicating a short distance of fractions of inches rather than feet.

This means that the bottles are pretty close.

The distance between the bottoms is less than the tops which helps show the difference in size rather than distance.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me SY's elbow looks infront of the left bottle. Also the bottom of the left bottle is so blured in shadow it is not visable reliable enough to determine it's position.

Also there's this:

BeastMaster wrote:
ok, so looking at the clips from the official final cut website, I found this scene which the photo was from.

We'll have to wait for the dvd to see it more clearly, but from what I can make out the gap and distance I analysed looks correct.
This shot is taken from a more front on view. Remember the bottle on the right looks more taller because it has a cap Wink but they both look pretty much the same size.

Here's my excact same 3d scene now at a simular angle to above:

OB: the final cut may have alot more shots of the bottle like this. Do you think it's wise to put production on hold until the discs are released for more analysis?

This is a screen cap of the scene the photo was taken from. it clearly shows these bottles are far apart. The photo in question has been taken from a slight right angle, causing the illusion of perspective that suggests these bottles are close together.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two New photo's for your consideration. Both represent the last combinations of information I'm going to do before the Final Cut Release in December.

Last edited by Once-bitten on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need to find ALL the references we can before rushing into deciding on specs. Since the Annie revelations, we have loads of new info to process.

It may even be possible to find an original to to turn into the glass version.

BTW which prop house supplied Annie??

Last edited by Masao on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep this image is waaaay too blurry/grainy to determine from. We need to match up measurements with all the references available.

I think the plan is that the final decision will be made after the release of the final cut, once we've gone through the HD dvd versions and extras with a fine tooth comb Smile

Though unless anyone has a blue-ray or HD-dvd ROM for their computers we wont be able to capture images Confused
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As allready stated...we're not rushing on anything.
The final decision on dimensions will be made after the Final Cut is released.

If you find that original, make sure to let us all know, will you?

I believe Spinner44 mentioned in his "Found Item" thread that Terry Lewis, who worked props on BR, ALSO worked Props on ANNIE.

Last edited by Once-bitten on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I think I may have missed that post.

I wasn't speaking specifically to any one person, but there seemed to be a general rush to production before all the information had been examined.

The BR info, as good as it is, was very limited. The new info really helps to shed new light on the specs.

Is anyone here in contact with Terry Lewis or his company?? This might be the most helpful info of all.

Last edited by Masao on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would be better off finding the actual bottle than asking a house for measurements on a 25 year old piece of set dressing.

-Bryan
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masao wrote:
Is anyone here in contact with Terry Lewis or his company?? This might be the most helpful info of all.

Yes, I have been working on it. I already spoke to Art Shippee if you read.

-
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by Masao on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Masao
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbabich wrote:
I think you would be better off finding the actual bottle than asking a house for measurements on a 25 year old piece of set dressing.

-Bryan

Right. The secondary hope though, is to find a readable label to track down an original.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have your input here bbabich...have you signed up for this project yet? Very Happy

As ALSO allready stated in the "SIGN UP!!!" thread...there are some examples of revamped J.W. Labels
that when compared to the newly found REAL labels, should pose no difficulty to being reproduced.
Check them out and give me feedback if you don't mind.
In other news:
I was given a contact today for another Set Decorator that worked on Blade-Runner.
I'll be calling him later in the week so, if I find out anything interesting I'll post it here on PropSummit first.
Thanks in advance for checking back!

http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id95.html
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently saw a JW Black 25 bottle at a store with labels that were close at an antique store. It lacked the top label and was part of a dispenser so it was pretty expensive. I will see if I can get pics of it soon.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy...I would certainly reimburse you if the labels you find are accurate and full size...oh and if you want to send them to me! Let me know.

Quote:
we can't determine the bottle material from the sound that was made from it, because almost all movie sounds are added later in post production, including dialogue.

While I would normally agree with this I also want to point out...we can clearly see the bottle in ANNIE is plastic which is confusing to me because their weren't any plastic bottle's in that period of time. The continuity guy's dropped the ball in my opinion and what did they do to try to fix it? Did they add the sound of a GLASS Bottle hitting the ground? No...for some reason they added the sound of a plastic bottle hitting the ground, OR they didn't add anything and left it the way it already sounded, which I'm more inclined to believe since they overlooked the plastic bottle in the first place.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to spend a fortune, just some high res pics should be fine.
say you need to take pictures on behalf of a potential buyer wanting to inspect the condition or something Wink
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Here is a copy of a post i put on Bladezone earlier re my attempt to get some info on the bottle.
Here is the reply i finally received from JW.

Thank you for taking time to contact Johnnie Walker. We appreciate hearing from our consumers because your feedback is important.

In regards to your inquiry, please be advised that this was simply a mocked-up Johnnie Walker bottle, made to look futuristic for the film. This bottle was not / is not available commercially. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Once again, thank you for contacting us and for your continued interest in Johnnie Walker.

Sincerely,

Adriana P.
Johnnie Walker Consumer Representative
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridleyville!
I was looking for you a little while ago concerning your umbrella...I probably should have just PM'd you huh? If you get a chance to check out my thread "Neon Umbrella" please do...

Well, it's cool that J.W. actually got back to you!

Unfortunately while
Quote:
your feedback is important

apparently it's not really important enough that they would actually consider making an Anniversery Run of J.W. in the BR bottle happen.

I think we are about to change all that (unfortunately you will have to supply your own whiskey)
While I believe our bottle celebrates the 25th Anniversery of BR, it won't be available until 2008...but it WILL be available!
Thanks for the info!
Are you signed up yet?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...I also meant to mention...

I spoke with Tommy Roysden last week and he basically told me to call him back this week, which I did but no-one answered...so, again...
If I do eventually talk to him again and he tells me anything of interest concerning the bottle, I will post it here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: